Old 01-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Default Gretchen & Celina

Gretchen,

I'm so glad to see you here! We were in this together and had lost the same amount in approximately the same time frame before so it's great to be doing this with you again! I mean it's not great to be doing it again (lol) but it's great to have motivation because reading your posts back then made me feel accountable, if that makes any sense.

Celina-It's great to see you too! You were here during my last round too. How have you been? How are things going for you on the weight loss front and in general?

Talk to you both soon!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Yep, I am ready. I just got back from the grocery store just a few minutes ago, loaded with all the good stuff. I'm weighing in and measuring tonight. This will be fun. I'm really ready this time. I tried this in Sept. but Carson wasn't ready for me to have my own time yet! We're good now! Oh and I'm starting my new job next Monday and I just got my hair all cut off and a new color. I'm ready for a TOTAL transformation now!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #3  
Making myself proud.

Gretchen,

Just remember tonight's weigh in and measurements are just a "jumping back into it" point. We're both in the same boat there. We can't change what's done no matter what we try so all we can do is our best from now on. And we're in this situation together so you know I'll be going through the same things you will be. We've both done it before so there is no reason we can't do it again.

I'm a single mom of a 3 1/2 year old son so I understand trying to find a balance of time for work, yourself, your child. You have a husband too. You're a super woman for taking it all on!

Keep the great positive attitude you have and you'll be back down again in no time!
Old 01-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

It's so awesome to see everyone back!

We will kick some serious butt this year!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #5  
Live for the Moment!

Thanks for the thread Ingrid! Nothing like making me feel "accountable" which is exactly what I need right now.

Well the weight loss front - things have been horrible. I know that I'm at the highest weight I've ever been...however, that's all about to change.

I've made my food plan, and tomorrow I'm headed out to the grocery to store to grab all the good things I need to keep me going. And, I think i'll even go buy a scale tomorrow so I can see exactly where things stand. I am quite scared though. But, I need to get REAL and face the facts.

Gretchen - I'm so happy to see you!

We really all CAN do this together...and like Linda said, we WILL kick some serious butt this year!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #6  
Making myself proud.

Gretchen,

How was the start of the new job?? I think it's good that you're getting back on track, starting the new job, lots of good things going on!

I've stuck to my food plan, made all the right choices. Things are good! I don't plan to exercise until I've lost 33 (that's the weight I started at before) but food wise I'm doing perfect! The first weeks weigh in is always good so I'm looking forward to Tuesday's weigh in.

Celina,

I was reading on another post that you're building a house? How exciting! I didn't buy my first house until I was preg. 4 years ago and I was 35 then. You must be so excited! You should share some pictures so we can see the progress.

How have things been with you on the weight loss front today? Are you planning to start exercising right away too? I see you don't belong to your old gym anymore so what exercise routine are you planning?

Have a good evening ladies and hope to talk to you soon!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:32 PM   #7  
Live for the Moment!

Well yes, today was a success. I went and did a HUGE healthy grocery shop. Tons of fruits and veggies. I was on plan ALL day for the first time in at least 4 months. I feel great!

As for the excersise, I'm not sure what my current plan will be. I'm thinking I will go buy Walk Away the Pounds and start with that.

Yes, we're building a 3 bdrm. townhouse w/ a double attached garage! Its very exciting! I will totally share some pics soon. I just need to get them all organized!

Good for you on sticking with the plan! AWESOME! And, no worries about waiting to exercise.... one step at a time...
Old 01-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #8  

I am doing well! 2 days totally on plan. Actually, Under plan, I have been really sick and havent been able to keep much down. This weeks weigh-in should be pretty good!!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #9  
Making myself proud.

Gretchen-

So sorry to hear you're sick! Not a good time with the new job and the renewed weight loss efforts but if you're not keeping it down you'll have a great weigh in, like you said. I like how you put a positive spin on that! How was your day today? Feeling any better? You should post some pictures of Carson. I bet he's big already! My son (Evan) is 3 1/2 and I don't know where the time as gone already! He's big for his age and people often mistake him for 5ish because he's so big and talks so well.

Celina-

Good for you about the healthy shopping trip! Having a junk food free environment at home is half the battle for me. I can't wait to see your house pics. I can't even imagine having a home built. I hope to some day though. How was your day? (Weight loss wise and in general). I've heard good things about the walk away the pounds. Maybe I should start with that too.

I had another successful day. I already feel like the old me, just being on plan and knowing I'm going in the right direction.

If I'm posting too much let me know. lol. I'm just enthused and trying to stay accountable.

Talk to you both soon!
Old 01-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #10  
Linda

Ingrid

You can never post too much!!

xoox
Linda
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 AM   #11  
Live for the Moment!

Had another succesful day on plan with food (Day 2), now I just need to get focused on getting all my water in...then exercise will be next week's biggest task! One step at a time to get back on track....

And, my day was AWESOME! I got accepted into the Leadership Development program at my work and will be starting an acting Manager role on Monday! Its still very surreal right now... Will check in tomorrow.. way too tired right now!

Nighty nite!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #12  

Congrats to you all! Celina, That's wonderful news. Good luck with the new position!

So far so good, day three-- on plan. I'm hoping for a good weigh-in this week. We'll see. The girls from my old job are taking me out to dinner tonight. I don't actually start my new job until Monday. I'm hoping to be good tonight and make all the right choices. I know I can go over a little tonight due to the fact that I didn't use up all my calories for the past 2 days. I'm sure it will all work out even. I bought a new scale last night. One that measures weight, %of body fat and %of water. It was scary. Luckily, my preivous scale was pretty accurate and I didn't have to adjust my weight. I am starting back at my heaviest ever.. 241! Holy Sh!# I've got some work to do girls... and I know I can!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #13  
Making myself proud.

Just a quick post before work.

I got on the scale this morning after 3 days of being on plan and haven't lost a lb! I'm not a scale junkie (normally, lol) but decided I wanted to see the fruits of what I've done the last few days and I was very disappointed. Why do I do that to myself? Especially when it seems TOM is starting? Please tell me I'm an idiot and to stay off the scale until it's been at least a full week. lol.

I'll write more tonight after work. I hope you guys have a great day and keep on plan girls. We're all doing GREAT!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #14  

@ Stinger

Don’t worry about the scale refusing to move. Even on an extreme diet like the one I do, it always takes a few days before the effects kicks in.....
frenchiepolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #15  
Linda

Ingrid...I won't tell you you're an idiot..

BUT "STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR AT LEAST A FULL WEEK!!!"

Said with love and support, of course!!!

xoxo
Linda
PS (I do the same thing to myself ALL the time )