General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:44 PM   #1  
OmfgitzKaylee

Default Confused?

Ok, so I'm 15, 5'5'', 118 pounds. Many people would think 118 pounds for a girl that's 5'5'' is pretty desirable, & I'm not saying I'm like extremely overweight or what those annoying girls who weigh like 90 pounds and still think they're fat say..I'm getting really annoyed because I hold my weight reallllllly badly. My weight unfortunately stores on my thighs, stomach, butt, and the most on my love handles. I mean I can literally grab about 1 1/2 inches of fat, just on my stomach! I don't even want to touch my love handles! And here's the thing..

A few weeks ago I was really stressed with school, & gymnastics, So I was rarely eating. And I gained weight!!! Now this holiday, I have been eating anything&everything I could get my hands on. Chocolate, Cake, Cookies...You don't even know...AND I LOST WEIGHT!!! I have no idea whats going onnn..!!!!

I have this friend. Her name is Kristi and I would love to have her body. She is about 5'3'' I would say..She has no fat on her thighs or her stomach or love handles..And we went to the gym a few days ago and at the end we weighed ourselves and she weighed 2 POUNDS LESS THAN ME!!!!!!! But she looks so awesome!!! Why does my fat like to RUIN ME!?!?

HELP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HA.jpg (18.6 KB, 42 views)
omfgitzkaylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #2  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Stress plays a big part in weight gain/loss. If you're stressed, you'll have more fat. Also, if you don't eat, you'll get larger because of a few reasons, you're body will want to keep itself warm, and your metabolism slows down considerably when you don't eat. My personal opinion is that you should work on toning, not weight loss. Work out and eat healthy. You don't need to lose weight. Just replace it with muscle.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #3  
it's always something

I agree that you should probably not focus too much on weight loss right now. Some studies have shown that teenagers that go on weight loss diets have more problems with weight later on. I was about your height and weight at your age and I think I looked pretty good back then I didn't gain weight until I was an adult and became pregnant. Please don't compare your body to your friends body, because there will always be differences in your bodies. Genetics have a lot to do with how we are built and how we carry our weight. Your friend may have more muscle than you, since a square inch of fat weighs more than a square inch of fat.

Please keep in mind that just because you can grab some flesh doesn't mean you are overweight. You need some fat, though the media distorts our views on what is fat or thin or healthy. I don't know how active you are, but many teenagers today gain extra weight because they don't get enough exercise. It may be that all you need is to become more active, and it will all balance out in the end
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:53 PM   #4  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

When I was 14, I was around 5'1'' and 120 lbs. Size 1/2 - 3/4 and I thought I was so fat. Hooo boy I had no idea what fat even was!

I worked my way up to about 200 right after I turned 17, and THANK GOD I am down to 137. My goal weight is about 115.

Love yourself the way you are. You're beautiful!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote