Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encourages #210

WELCOME!
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support
This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving .....
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

*~*~*
Old 01-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #2  

Default Hope you don't mind

That I started a new thread - the other one was getting a bit long

Also it is a new year and new month

Hopefully everyone will follow over.

Old 01-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #3  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Happy New Year everyone. Some of you will remember me and I notice a few new names since I have been here. Been lurking some but not checking in. Had a rough year after my dad had his near death experience in September. Since then I have had two broken arms, one required a cast, the other was the small bone and a broken bursa sack in my elbow. A lot of things that were disappointing for me. Of course, since I am an emotional eater, you guessed it the SBD went by the wayside and I actually weigh two pounds more than I did last year.

Today starts a New Year and I intend to have a better 2006. For one I am going to remember from where my strength comes and that is not food. I also have a doctor who is doing a good job with medications controlling the FMS. A big Praise the Lord for that.

I am going to go back and read some of the previous thread to catch up a little. Love you all,
Old 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #4  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Poo! All I got was the standard smilies, all spread out. Oh well..I'll just enjoy ya'lls! thanks for the attempt to help, Gary and Hilary! LOL! I can vacuum two rooms while a page loads anyway so I may as well NOT play around! My computer is probably uhh.....12 years old? I've had it for almost 6 years and my ex-boss used it in his business before that.

Sharon...hello and yep you're in a good place! We'll keep you and your son and family in our prayers in the time ahead. God is aware of them and the need right now. to you and yours.

I had a wonderful day! I spent the night at Mom's, came home at 4:30 this morning, did laundry before Church, had a nap after lunch and just enjoyed my day OFF! I work 1/2 day tomorrow and then get my "weekend" Tues/Wed...hooray!

I made chili today.....what else are you cookin' Gary, that I can copy? The meatloaf was a good idea. I was torn between that and my chili..chili won out as I am prone to slap the meatloaf on a sandwich and I'm trying to wean me off 'em. I can do a two week sandwich kick if I don't get intervention! LOL! That means no veggys and fruit!
I've done well so far today and am in training to "EAT"....Eat At Table! LOL! Hey....anyone but me doing black-eyed peas and collards for dinner. Oh, I love collards and this is my last little container from my batch I cooked in the Summer ....I hate to see 'em go!

Hello Beth, Marilyn, Lori , Bunna and rest of our fabulous crew......have a wonderful, blessed, productive week! I know I will.......it's started already!!
I'll be back!
Bren

Last edited by Blondee51; 01-01-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #5  

Default Everyone must be still bringing the New Year

Very quiet in here - too much partying last night right

Bunnababy:sorry to hear about your dad's near fatal accident and then all that has happened to you - praying that the new year will be a good one for your.

Blondee: I have had my supper but the thoughts of having chilli - hmm, will have to see about making some this week.

Ok, I have returned and am posting more and everyone is taking a holiday - would like to hear what everyone has planned for resolutions for 2006
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 AM   #6  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

A new place was needed.. the last one was getting pretty long. I wonder where SunnyD is though??

Bunnababy -- Welcome back! I'm a new face to this forum and support group so I don't know you.. but always glad to see more people!! Sorry to hear about your father's really bad accident and your troubles. May the Lord bless you more this year than ever.

Blondee -- Haha, my sister's computer is super old and I remember using that thing a lot so I know your pain. At least you tried.

Sprout -- I know, everyone must be busy today. Chili DOES sound so good.. I'm hungry but I really shouldn't eat right now. We had meat loaf last week and turkey today. Oh, and sweet potatoe pie.

So.. my New Year's resolution. Yes you guessed it.. no you really did.. no I'm sure you really did. NO really I do! .. I've decided.. to.. lose weight. do do do do do *does a little dance*. Oh, whoops sorry I got off track there. Ahem. I'm just going to stick to losing weight, working out, and doing better all around.

It's almost 2 in the morning (maybe thats the reason for my silly behavior) and I have to get up in a few hours so I'll check back tonight!

Last edited by pixiefalls; 01-02-2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:30 AM   #7  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

OH Hilary!!
Thanks for the AM funnies!! I love your little icon thing-ees (I'm SO technical!) and your ENTHUSIASM!! I had trouble guessing what your resolution might be! LOL!
My pastor said his ONE resolution for the new year is to ENJOY LIFE! One we can all use. Life itself is a blessing, each day a gift from God and I am so blessed to be a part of this group..heading into a year of recovery and discovery! I will post more on goals at the April Fool's challenge.....and will have weekly and monthly ones in place by uhhh.....Wednesday?
I did well with my EATing training yesterday....having not one morsel of food while channel surfing! I can do this..ONE day at a time!

I hope all of you thoroughly enjoy your day.....whatever it finds you doing. Be blessed and take time for some one on one today....with Our Father above and yourself! I get LOTS of that as I am the only one in my place!
Bren
Old 01-02-2006, 05:43 AM   #8  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondee51
OH Hilary!!
Thanks for the AM funnies!! I love your little icon thing-ees (I'm SO technical!) and your ENTHUSIASM!! I had trouble guessing what your resolution might be! LOL!
My pastor said his ONE resolution for the new year is to ENJOY LIFE! One we can all use. Life itself is a blessing, each day a gift from God and I am so blessed to be a part of this group..heading into a year of recovery and discovery! I will post more on goals at the April Fool's challenge.....and will have weekly and monthly ones in place by uhhh.....Wednesday?
I did well with my EATing training yesterday....having not one morsel of food while channel surfing! I can do this..ONE day at a time!

I hope all of you thoroughly enjoy your day.....whatever it finds you doing. Be blessed and take time for some one on one today....with Our Father above and yourself! I get LOTS of that as I am the only one in my place!
Bren
HAHA! Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed it. I like that and I probably should write it down because that's about the best one you could have (it IS). That's good to hear. I'm so thankful for the site but mostly for this group.. I love it and it brightens me up.. I love that!

That's really good about your eating choices! I should join a challenge but my days have been upside down lately! (I mean it's almost 5 in the morning and I have to be up by 8.. talk about upside down!) Are you a member of a gym? Later today I hope to sign up with one and get to work.

Thank you for the blessing, and I hope you enjoy yours!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:01 AM   #9  
1 Day, 1 Choice @ a time

Talking

Hey Hilary!
We did the same thing with up too early and work ahead! ( did you go to bed yet?) I woke up at 1:45 and got up to stay, knowing I can get a nap after work. I get a half day off today, working from 9-1....yippee!
I like that too, and I plan to do SO much more of that this year...enjoying life. This is it kids...no dress rehersal, but the real thing. We only get one round before packing up for our trip "Home".

Nope...no gym would have me! Haha! I have a cardio glide machine I love, weights, bands, videos, body bar, ball and two feet! I plan to use 'em all a lot and get me in the best shape possible for my age and halt the advance of diabetes and heart disease that killed my Dad at 62, and currently sucks the life from my Mom. I want to get off that well trod path and onto one of life sustaining patterns. It's up to me to use the tools in the shed! I have an abundant supply but I have to use 'em to get the benefits!

I wish you and all of our crew great success in this new year.......we can do what it takes, daily...to knock our socks..and the pounds off!
Bren
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #10  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Everyone!!!

I've MIA for sometime now....lots has been going on the past few months. Not stuff that's good anyway. DH lost his job, we moved, for DH other job, he lost that one on Dec 21st (Merry Christmas to us!) then I found out I have 2 ovarian cysts in August which I still have and cause me a great deal of pain, and came down with IBS - with chronic constipation.... It's been slightly crazy. But in 2006, I'm determined to lose some weight...at least 15 Lb's! I'd be happy with that! Let's hope I have the willpower to do it!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #11  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Happy New Year everyone! I've been MIA for a little while working on my law school applications. The good news is that pretty much everything is finished and on its merry way! Now I get to wait and hope and pray for an admission letter in two months or so. I know it's going to make me very, very anxious, but I have to hold on to the faith that God has an amazing plan for me. I'm having one more quiet day before I dive back into my school work (gotta get that chemistry research finished too). I just finished a four mile walk, now I'm going to relax and read for a bit, and I'll spend the evening with my mother.

Bunna ~ So sorry to hear that you had a rough year! Welcome back, and I will keep you in my prayers as you continue to recover.

Bren ~ It sounds like you had a great weekend! It's been a while since I've made chili. You're inspiring me to look into that soon...

Hilary ~ Best of luck with your new year's resolution. What a coincidence that I have the same one!

Amanda ~ Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about everything you and your DH have been going through. I hope 2006 is a better year for you!

Marilyn ~ Happy New Year! Thanks for starting our new thread!

Last edited by crk05; 01-02-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #12  

Default OK where is everyone

Just to quiet in here - especially for a New Year.

ckr5 - are congratulations in order re the law applications - I gather you have finished law school and now waiting for 'work' - good job

Canadian Mickey - nice to see another Canadian in here. Sorry to hear about your husbands 'luck' re his work. And for those cysts - not fun - and IBS - I know all about that and it is no fun at all. Have to really watch what you eat - I have found that is a biggy for me.

Blondee - sounds like you have a plan. I know how hard it is to stick with it - but we can do it this year. Even just 10% of our current weight will improve our health - so go for it! Myself I am on a 'walking' program for exercise. Using the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. So far so good.

pixiefalls - sounds like you didn't get much sleep - that can affect our weight as well as making us just plain tired. Hope you have a better day and are able to get some sleep tonight.

Ok where is everybody - SunnyD hope to hear from you soon - and for you Gary - miss your posts

Have to run and go and to my walk so I can update my 'ticker'
Old 01-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #13  

Default Just a quick post this time

Just thought I would you all know I have now completed another 1 mile walk away the pounds = 2 miles walked for January 2006 - yeah me
Old 01-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #14  

Default Just read this

Thought it was worthy to pass on

"Who Should Read The Bible"

The ignorant - for wisdom ---
The learned - for humility

The rich - for compassion ---
The poor - for comfort

The dreamer - for reality ---
The practical - for counsel

The weak - for strength ---
The strong - for direction

The young - how to live ---
The old - how to live

The haughty - for warning ---
The humble - for resolution

The troubled - for peace ---
The weary - for rest

The doubting - for assurance ---
The sinner - for salvation

The Christian - for guidance ---
Me - to stay in tune with God
Old 01-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #15  

Default Devotional from Women of Faith

Ripping into the Gift of Another Year

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my request before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:3

The first of the month has always been my own personal holiday. I just love ripping the old month off all my calendars and starting fresh on a whole new page. How wonderful to look at those clean, fresh, unblemished spares representing days I haven't messed up yet! And if you think I enjoy throwing away the old month, just imagine how much I love celebrating a whole new year.

God has given us measurements of time so we have some perspective on our lives. Think how hopeless we would feel if we were stuck in some stressful situation and thought it would never end. But God gives us a new morning - a new month, a new year - to start over again and again. With each new start we lift our voices heavenward, laying out our hopes and prayers. Then we 'wait in expectation,' as the psalmist said, to receive the gifts and blessings - and es, challenges - God has planned for us.

Whatever comes, we know he will be there with us, throughout the day, throughout the night, and as we begin afresh tomorrow. Without him, our lives stretch out to a hopeless end. Witrh him we have the endless hope of a heavenly tomorrow.

Father, thank you for giving me a fresh, new start every day, every year. Amen

- - Barbara Johnson

(From Woman of Faith Devotional)
Closed Thread