South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default George Foreman Finally Comes Clean

All is forgiven Mr. F....hey while trolling the apres-Xmas 1/2 off stuff at Bed Bath and Beyond I came across these groovy (literally, they claim to be "grooved" on the package!) little sponges for cleaning the George Foreman grill!

My love/hate relationship with that particular appliance is due to the maddening process of cleaning it with that useless (not to mention missing in action by now) wretched little fork-like thingee. Easy cleaning?? Compared to what, the Exxon Valdiz spill?

Now it looks like I can adore Mr. Foreman again because these things look like they would actually WORK...little scrubby sponges made in the exact pattern of the grill!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:01 PM   #2  

I just take and run a paper towel under the faucet and put it on the George Foreman while it is still hot. Then it cleans off really easy. Let us know how the sponge works.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I slant mine on the edge of the sink, brush it with water and dish setergent and then rinse. It runs off into the sink. No problem. Now where the heck are my forky things?
Old 12-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #4  

Actually I have a feeling that the SBD might alleviate a lot of my GF cleaning issues seeing as my fave sticky, pineapple based teriyaki marinade is verbotten!

The gloppier the marinade the bigger the headache after dinner has been my experience...
Old 12-31-2005, 06:36 PM   #5  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

hmmm,i love my grill and never really had a problem with cleaning,i just rake the stuff off with a paper towel,all the grease in the tray is what i have a problem with,i don't like tossing the stuff in the garbage can i am always afraid it will leak out
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM   #6  
it's always something

Barbara, I do the same thing with the paper towels and it works great. However, I'm considering buying one of the new models with the removeable plates. I only cook veggies on it, but I usually marinate them in various things that get sticky on the grill.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:22 PM   #7  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I slant mine on the edge of the sink, brush it with water and dish setergent and then rinse. It runs off into the sink. No problem. Now where the heck are my forky things?
That's exactly what I do.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #8  
I painted my avatar. :-)

I clean mine as soon as I unplug it. Its still warm and goopy stuff comes right off.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 PM   #9  
Unzipping my new self!

Height: 5' 5"

Oh yes I have to clean mine right away too ~ but it is nice to know that there are some "helpers" out there at Bed Bath & Beyond. Will have to look for them the next time I head over there.
Closed Thread