Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:51 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Nice Cookie Tins?

Anybody have any idea where I can buy pretty AND cheap empty cookie tins to fill with home baked Christmas cookies (not for me of course) and/or other time of the year? I'm ashamed of the ones that I have. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

How about a dollar store? Or Hobby Lobby? If you don't have a Hobby Lobby maybe Michael's or another place like that. But first I'd try the dollar store if there's one near.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:02 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh...never thought of that! I have both stores nearby. I was being lazy and shopping online. I found Cookie Tins store. Can't give the site but they have some nice ones. I just never heard of them and wasn't sure if they were reputable. I thought I'd see what the shopping mavens knew. I'm thinking the stores will be pretty picked over by now?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Dollar Store Rocks!

Dollar Store Rocks! You'll be glad you went there instead.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

You know I've NEVER been in one because I had no idea what they had. I guess I should get off my lazy butt and check it out, huh?
Old 12-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Vickie, I hadn't gone to one either until a year or so ago when I was looking for some little games. The teacher in the class where Judd and I do our mentoring had those little things with the cup on a handle and ball on a string that you swing and try to get the ball in the cup. You know those? Anyway she said she had gotten them there and so I was going to get a few extras for the kids. I didn't find the games but I found a whole lot of other stuff!! Toys for playing in the sand, and little mini laundry baskets (for organizing the bathroom) and plastic boxes, also for organizing and just zillions of things! Oh and they also had blank journals -- I got a bunch of them for gift add-ons and also for myself. And note paper! Oooh, now I'm thinking I'll have to go back!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #7  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Dollar Stores absolutely ROCK! As a teacher, I find a zillion things at the Dollar Tree! I'm also a fan of the stores called Dollar General Store! They sell quite a bit of decent stuff at very reasonable prices! Vicki, go check these stores out...just remember tho.... everything in the store isn't necessarily a good deal!
I purchased 2 pretty Christmas tins today at my local Walmart for 75% off! Gotta love a good deal like that!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have a wonderful collection and they are all from a Dollar Store - Dollarama, actually. They are just great and may even be on clearance this week.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok!!! Thanks, Dollar Store and Walmart for me next Tuesday!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:23 PM   #10  
Melissa

Wow, this makes me want to go visit the dollar stores around here! I love them but don't have many close by, so I'll have to drag my lazy rear across town.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:13 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I got some great cookie tins for dd at one of of the larger/superstore Loblaws (grocery store)....the small ones were about $1.50 each! (they had several patterns - I got red ones with a big smiling snowman on the front!).

I'm sure you can find some at your local Walmart or dollar store (assuming they have any left!)

Good luck!

Frouf
Old 12-31-2005, 04:36 PM   #12  
Melissa

Vickie I forgot at Wal-mart I also got tins that matched those felt snowman boxes. They are see-through on top with a picture of a snowman. They were very cute and only 2.00.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:17 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Melissa. I'm definitely going to check out Walmart.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Clearances

Not to add to your confusion, but Target had their 75% off clearance on holiday merchandise today (at least at mine). I thought of this post because I saw some cookie tins there. Just think...a $3 item is approx. $0.50! I was out and about burning up calories and looking around. Lots of fun. Even had ankle weights on.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:09 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maybe I'll brave all the stores on Tuesday!
Closed Thread