General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/172/125

Height: 5'3"

Default What's Your New Year's Resolution?

Hi,

Here we are at the end of another year and looking forward to 2006. My husband and I talk about making New Year's resolutions, make them and then struggle to keep them.

This year I'm taking a different view. I'm not going to resolve to lose weight or exercise more. I want to resolve things that make me a better person inside, not just improve the outside..

They say that writing your resolution down helps you to keep it, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

This year I want to find joy in the every day things in life and project a positive attitude to others.

What's your New Year's resolution?

Amy in Charlotte
Old 12-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyepfaff
This year I want to find joy in the every day things in life and project a positive attitude to others.
Great resolution, Amy! I've learned to do that, and it makes the world of difference to your outlook on life.

My resolution? I need to be more true to myself. It sounds selfish, but I tend to give too much, and then I resent others for being "takers".
This year I'm going to set boundaries. I'll give as much to others as I can, but I won't compromise my own mental health.

Oh, and I'm planning on losing weight, and dejunking my house. (last years resolutions revisited)

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #3  

My new years resolution last year was to lose 25 kilos (50 pounds) and I did it, and lost 10 extra pounds to boot! So this year my new years resolution is to lose 25 kilos, and for the first time ever they are new ones, not the ones I didn't lose the year before LOL!

I've got some pretty specific ones, such as learning a new exercise every month, to plan my food and exercise a week ahead, and to stay positive and enjoy my new lifestyle.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

My resolutoins for the new year are

1. To quit smoking completely (I have quit already, but I can borrow from my brother anytime.) I need to focus on being strong enough to not give in to temptation when he is around
2. To incorporate healthier foods in my family's diet
3. To get my hubby to realize he was healthier when we didn't have soda in the house all the time. More for him, but he needs to see that he doesn't need it. We never used to have it all the time-only for special occasions, but now he craves it. If it's not in the house I won't be tempted either
Old 12-30-2005, 01:56 PM   #5  
Movin on down the scale

I dont usually make NY's Res. but this year I am going to. I am going to try to cook healthier for my family, and implement more of the things I do for them. I want to make my goal weight, and stop drinking diet pop (well any pop at all really) and I am going to stop using "diet" foods, and no more artificial sweetners, I want to reduce/eliminate white flour/sugar also.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #6  

This is the third year for this one and with only one minor revision is still good.
I resolve to hug and kiss babies, stop and smell the flowers, and only eat expensive chocolate.

The revision for this year was the expensive chocolate, before it was real chocolate, life's too short for imatation chocolate.
Closed Thread