Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #1  
Never Quit!

Default Friday...is finally here! Let's start today right!

Good morning everyone!!! I guess I am the first one to visit this morning. It is just about 8 a.m. I am trying to get a jump on some work so I can run out to my 1st (for the 3rd time) WW meeting. I will see what my starting weight REALLY is!

I am motivated to begin again...I just have to be sure to have my kitchen prepared. I'm going to try to work on that plan today. Basically, get rid of the junk, but even better, write the points on all the packages of stuff I have laying around. I am one of those who doesn't "give up" many of my favorite things. This way, I never felt deprived. That was key when I lost my first 33 lbs. This way, no matter how hungry I was, I just grabbed the "portion", knew the points and walked away.

For everyone who is pregnant or just had a baby, may I give my little story??? When you are pregnant, eat what you like. Enjoy this time. You have the rest of your life to diet. My Husband said it was the first time in 8 years he didn't hear me complain about being hungry or being just plain ol' grumpy! Granted, I didn't go crazy. I did try to eat healthy, but I didn't obsess. It made my pregnancy great and my Son was happy and healthy at 7lbs 13 oz. Mind you, I am 5' 2" and weighed 212 lbs right before I gave birth. I had a natural, Bradley birth and everything went great. Now...this is where breastfeeding came in. I nursed exclusively for the first 6 months and went from 212 to 180 without any diet mentality at all. I am not pushing anyone here...I just wanted to give you my accounts of what worked for me. I am a HUGE advocate for breastfeeding, but understand the dedication it takes and determination to make it work. I also see the other side of the coin and completly see why some go with formula. But I was thankful my decision had the bonus effect of dropping some pregnancy weight.

Ok, let me get some work done. I have to also get ready for my meeting. I'll drop in later to tell you all the news.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:44 AM   #2  

Hi Cuba,
I was just curious, what is a Bradley birth? My daughter is 2 now, and I had a natural childbirth with her, is Bradley a special technique for dealing with the pain? Good luck on your weight loss

Hope your 1st meeting goes great,

Sofi
Old 12-30-2005, 02:07 PM   #3  

Cuba--I hope your weigh in goes well. When I got pregnant (my twins are 2 now), I had just lost 20 lbs on WW and had every intention of continuing my healthy lifestyle. But then I got "morning" sickness (ALL DAY SICKNESS!) and I didn't care! I still did all right--lost all the pregnancy weight but I have gained since. Bummer. I didn't nurse long so I don't know if that helped me or not. I have heard of Bradley birth but don't know too much about it. I had an epidural for my twins and then ended up being put under general. I liked the pain meds, frankly. :-) But either way is a great choice. I am looking forward to hearing about your meeting!
Old 12-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Cuba: I know, it's still hard though, I've been in that "diet" mentality for years... So I figure after New Year's I'll concentrate on eating enough and healthily and exercising (which due to fatigue went by the wayside during my first trimester). We just got our elliptical delivered today, so I did 25 minutes! I feel good though. I guess I am scared about the lecture about gaining too much on Tuesday... then again my doctor knows that Christmas just happened so hopefully she'll cut me a little slack! I can still fit into some of my size 8 pants (not that comfortably) so overall I don't think I've done too badly...

I also plan on doing the 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding and I am giving birth at the beginning of summer so I still have 4 months of nice weather after the baby is born (for walks, getting back into running etc).

RLK: Eek, I heard M/S is FAR worse with twins as well(mine wasn't too bad, I just had some bad food aversions and no desire to eat and some nausea and one vomitting episode). Were your twins identical or fraternal?

Hi Sofi!!

Happy New Year everyone!!

ALi
Old 12-30-2005, 09:15 PM   #5  

Ali: You sound like you are doing great so don't worry about gaining at this time of year!! My twins are fraternal--boy/girl. I know a couple of friends that were much more sick than me (and they had a single child) but I was pretty sick for 5 months--that constant nausea was a bit much and I had super bad headaches that my doctor said was probably the high level of hormones. :-)

Well, today ended up being a BAD day--lots of food and pop. I went to my parents house and that's the downfall. Oh well, I did a couple of things right and tomorrow is another day!!

Rikki
Old 01-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #6  

Hello everyone,

I am back on program as of today. Wish me luck

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy New Year.

Sofi
Closed Thread