Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 PM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Default Calorie counting software for PDA?

Anyone know of a calorie counting software for my pda? I can't find a good fun one, that would keep me motivated and on track along with workouts i have the palm z22 any one?:
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 PM   #2  

I have a Palm m130, and I use diet and fitness assistant by Keyoe. http://www.keyoe.com/ It has a pretty large food database, but you also have the option to add foods to it. You can track fiber, carbs, fats, etc. in addition to calories, and you can also customize it based on what % of carbs/fat/protein you want to take in.
hardests is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM   #3  

Calorie king has one..so does balancelog..and both are good.
You can do free trials at some of the internet download sites.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I use BalanceLog on my PDA and my computer. (Depending on where I am when I eat!) They can both be synced together. It isn't free, but I guess I see it as a great tool. $49 for the PDA/Computer or $29 for the PDA only.

Kimberly
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #5  

I wish I had taken the time to find something that would sync between my PC and my PDA when I started. Now I have 4 months of data in Fitday PC, and I am stuck with it. The ideal application for me would have a 3-way synch between a web application, a windows application, and a Pocket PC.

I'll be at my goal in about 2 weeks. Maybe its a good time for a fresh start as I switch over to maintenance mode. Is there a product with a 3-way synch that anyone knows of?
ultraclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:48 AM   #6  

Actually, BalanceLog has a web sync too. I forgot to write that. I can't remember the specifics of it. BUT... I think it only works with the Palm OS.

I just went out to the website and checked the FAQs for the Web. It's basically a one-way sync. The information you add via the website is downloaded to the computer. You can't upload any data to the website. Once the computer is updated with the web information then you can sync to your PDA. What this means is that any custom data (new foods, menus, new exercises) that you add to BalanceLog via the computer won't be available on the web.

Kimberly

Last edited by KimberlyinMN; 12-31-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #7  

I bought Balance Log too. I liked it as it was very easy to log foods. But am I using it now - no. I'm eating by exchanges and find it easier to do that than logging food each day. I know that exchanges are calories based, but if I know that I can pack 2 starches and 1 fruit for breakfast, 1 fruit and 1 starch for snacks, and 2 starches, 3 protein, 5 veggies for lunch then it's easier to pack food for the day

Christy K.

Christy K.
creaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #8  

I'm crazy about my BalanceLog. I have RecipeClac for determining the nutritional info, I can load that info i my BalanceLog. It also tracks exercise; if I exercise for 100 calories worth, you get it back in allowed calories!

You want the peanut butter cup? Walk to the store and you can have it!
Bexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  

Yesterday I had the monthly munchies (oh, i hope it's over) and there was one time I stood in front of the fridge and did some jumping jacks before I opened it. I don't know, maybe I felt more justified.

...*sigh* the silly things the human mind is capable of thinking
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I use calorie king on my desktop and pda it's such a great user friendly software package. I've never heard of balance log, I'm gonna go check it out
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #11  

Thumbs up PDA - CalorieKing Fan

I realize that this thread is a bit old but I am using my pda loaded with CalorieKing and totally love it! I used it to drop about 20 lbs. I stopped for a bit to try and do it "naturally" with portion control and found that I need the daily log to get it right. Even after only a few days restarting my log I know that I am doing better and I will get the results that I want. Based on your age and weight profile the program sets a calorie target that should allow you to loose 1-2lbs a week. I found that if on every day I hit my target at the end of a week I would loose at least 2 and sometimes as much as 3lbs. Seriously, I am a fan. I can't imagine doing this without it.

Best of Luck to Everybody!

Kore.
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #12  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Im just wondering if any of these programs allows you to add in your workout's as well?
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #13  

This is from the BalanceLog website:
Quote:
BalanceLog weight loss software can get you started on the right foot, and help keep you there, with a reliable and easy to use program that gives you the knowledge and tools to succeed. Based on your unique Metabolic Fingerprint, occupation and lifestyle factors, diet preference, and exercise, BalanceLog personalizes your daily calorie budget to reach your goals. Once your calorie budget has been determined, BalanceLog makes it easy to log your food and exercise each day, enabling you to stay on track. With more than 4,000 foods and 300 exercises, finding the appropriate entry is easy, and with the ability to add foods and create your own custom foods, menus and exercises, there is nothing you can't record.
You can track your food intake, any exercising you do as well as your weight. If the food or exercise item isn't in the database, you can add it. What I also like about this program is that you can make a menu of foods that you normally eat as a meal. For example, I normally have 1 cup of cheerios, 1 cup of milk and 1 banana. Instead of having to log each food, I logged it once and then created a menu of these items. Now I just choose that one menu item and it logs the three items for me. Same for the salad that I have every night with my supper. Normally it is lettuce, craisins, soy nuts, cheese, fat free croutons and salad dressing. That's a lot of logging. Now I just choose my "salad" menu item and it is all logged. There are also quite a few reports that I can view (on the computer).

Kimberly
Old 01-17-2006, 04:23 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Default Wow...I just checked it out.

OK, after reading all the posts, I downloaded the 14 day free trial of BalanceLog. This is cool. I am going to have to unearth my PDA and fire it up...this will work great.
BetterDays is offline   Reply With Quote