Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-28-2005, 07:48 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chat - December 28th

Good Morning,

Hope your all having a good week. I wish it would sloooow down.

Whats everyone doing today?

I cleaned off the treadmill yesterday so I have no excuse not to get on it today, which is my plan UUH!

But for now I'm enjoying my coffee and computer

you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #2  

Morining Leens

Off work today and tomorrow.....helping my girlfriend move...babysitting her 3 and 1 year old this morning......making chilli for supper and goodness knows what else........got the washer going, the coffee on and I am showered.

Xmas with the in=laws yesterday....my kids got another bunch of things......excess! Will have to really go through things for the next few days and do some returns and some give aways etc. I managed to re gift alot of things.......but there is more to be done.

Still haven't had time to really work on getting the hamster to socialize have to keep working at that.

Must run. Have a load of clothes to hang up.

Hugs

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:53 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Liz and Leenie. I'm up and not very motivated. I love piddling around on the internet. The soup and bread were delicious last night. Leens, Sweet Oatmeal bread is made in my bread machine and uses flour, oatmeal and is sweetened with molasses. By far, it's my kids favorite bread and hey hate anything else that isn't white bread. There's no added fat either. I certainly can post the recipe if anyone wants it. It's delectable.

I plan on knitting and drawing today for fun. For my chore, I'm going to empty/clean my closet and give everything I haven't worn in the last few months to the Salvation Army. I'm going into town tomorrow so I want to drop it off before the 1st (tax deduction...). I think I will knit for a bit first. Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:14 PM   #4  

you get a tax deduction for giving things to the salvation army?

Have a fun day knitting and drawing.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #5  

AArrrgghh! I have what Roger had! Woke about 1:00AM, feeling rotten. Had an alka selzer and tossed and turned the rest of the night! Feel tired and achy and can't go far away from the bath room!

Leenie, I am making a long summer nightgown, a large rice warmer and two sets of clothng protectors for whem we eat either in the truck or in the living room. They are basically adult bibs.

Has anyone tried those rice bag/warmers? I made a set of them for my hands by making four nine-inch squares ones and sewing two together leaving one side open. The next one is going to be like an adult bib only shorter and will be used backward for sore backs.

Rice bag/warmers are basically cloth bags filled with white rice. They are warmed in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Be careful and test them. I love the heat as it's different than an electric heating pad. Ithink that if anyone is intersted, a "search" would find information on them.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone
Boy, everyone sounds so busy.
I made chilli yesterday, a huge pot so now we have some left in the fridge and some in the freezer for quick easy meals.
Not much happening here today, I have a ton of laundry and will have to drive dd18 to work in town. She is only working a four hour shift so not sure if I will come back home or stay in town and go visit my mom.
Dh went back to work today, thankgoodness, he just can't handle sitting at home not doing anything for to long. Yesterday he did put a new battery in my van and checked that the block heater had started working after he sprayed something on it. But other than that he seemed to be standing everyway I turned silly boy!
Anywho, I'm off to get ready.
Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:19 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh my everyone's making chili... my turn Gonna make my pumpkin chili (thanks linny).

Marie, that recipe sounds delicious, yes please post it when you have time.

Tippy, sorry your not feeling well. Are you any better this morning? I've never heard of rice warmers. Here I'm thinking your making a coat for a rice pot or something LOLOL !!!! Sounds great, how long does the rice stay warm?

Buddly, I bet your DH was glad to go back to work. LOL !! when my DH is home, he's all over the house, I have to search for him. Even my DD is like "daddy, where are you off to NOW" LOL. Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default salvation army

You get tax deductions for giving to any charity. It doesn't matter if it is actual money or items. If I remember, you have to have so many dollars worth before it deducts anything. We do it every year. Especially when our kids outgrown their cribs and stuff. This year we moved across country and got rid of a lot of bulk. In some ways it seems like a waste of money that we have enough stuff every year to keep giving, but I don't like to hold onto things I'm not using.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote