Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #1  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Winter Blahs

Hi everyone,

I'm writing because I woke up feeling discouraged today, and need to get my head straight again. I've been hovering around the same weight throughout the holidays because I haven't been eating and exercising like I know I need to in order to lose it, and I'm ready to get back on track. I have been doing well this week, I thought, until I stepped on the scale and discovered that I'm a pound up from Friday. I've been keeping my calories around 1300-1600 and getting at least 30 minutes of cardio in -- I wanted to go back to the gym but my car broke down and I won't be able to get it fixed for at least a week, possibly a few weeks if the repair is really expensive. I know I need to get this weight off, but am starting to feel like I can't do this. Until I get the car situation straightened out, I'm on a very, very limited budget so that I can pay for it. I am a bit short on the fruits / veggies in the house, but have plenty of chicken, rice, pasta, egg beaters, low-fat cheese...I won't starve, and can eat healthier than I'm used to, but it's not very balanced.

I think I'm having some winter blahs and just looking for an excuse to not do this, and I don't understand why, when I really do want to lose the weight. *sigh*
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/143/128

Height: 5'9"

here's a big hug (okay just pretend that a big hug is assaulting you right now!!)

you are soooo close to onederland! and you know you can do this because hel-lo, those first 20 pounds gone forever!! Just remember the reasons you are doing this in the first place, and be thankful for what you've accomplished so far.

Sticking with it has to be my hardest thing as well, but you have tons of support here and you have the means and you have the motivation (in there somewhere, i can feel it!).

You can do it, don't let jack frost get you down.
<3
dietcokeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:52 AM   #3  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for the reply. I want so badly to be back down under 200 -- haven't been there in 10 years.
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:27 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi from Florida, Chickie! People wouldn't think us Floridians could get the winter blahs since we live in a warmer climate with the sun...but we do! I'm in the same boat....but not for long! We can do this together!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:43 AM   #5  

This is exactly what I'm looking for - the holidays for me is when I feel ickiest - am I the only one?
lusty2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusty2005
This is exactly what I'm looking for - the holidays for me is when I feel ickiest - am I the only one?
No, you're definitely not the only one. During the cold weather I find myself eating more, for one thing. I don't know why, really. Guess it's just instinct. Some people attribute eating more in the winter to a 'natural instinct' that we need to get more into our bodies to keep us warm. I don't know how true that is, but all I wanna do is SNACK! Munch munch munch!

Plus I've been telling myself every day that I'm going to start getting more exercise, because I'm sooooo close to goal and I'd really like to get there now, seeing how I've been hovering at the same weight for a couple of months now. But I just can't do it. I don't know what the heck's the matter with me, I just can't get motivated enough to exercise.

When the weather gets warm, I'll start taking my walks again. But for now all I want to do is hole up in my house and eat!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:03 PM   #7  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

I feel the same way too. When its cold out, then all I want to do is stay home and eat. It seems to me it gets even harder when you're closer to your goal. I am so close, but it seems to me its going to be long time for me to get there. And holidays aren't helping either. I need to really shake everything up and move on and get rid off these last few pounds!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:12 PM   #8  
LLV

Yeah, and what's worse is I don't feel like sitting around eating vegetables. I want candy and cookies, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM   #9  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I don't feel like sitting around eating vegetables. I want candy and cookies, lol.
Thats how I feel too. My sister brought over some German chocolate, and cappucino covered biscuits with chocolate...etc. Well, it was for my husband, but guess what I ended up munching it too.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote