Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-27-2005, 07:45 PM   #1  

Default Slimmed down "Chipotle"-like burrito

Just made a great "Chipotle-like" burrito for dinner and thought I'd share:

Total Cals: approx 375 (it's very filling, have it with a side of veggies or fruit and it's a whole meal)

1 WW La Tortilla Factory low-carb tortilla (80 cals)
1/4 cup canned whole black beans (60 cals)
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (80 cals)
1/2 cup Perdue Shortcuts Southwest flavor chicken strips (90 cals)
1/4 cup pico de gallo - not sure how many cals?? probably negligible
2 TBSP guacamole (50 cals)

Heat the chicken and black beans first. Spread the guac on the tortilla, then cheese, then beans, then chicken, then top with pico...roll and eat!

The only thing you're missing from a "Chipotle burrito" is the rice (oh, and the ridiculous portion sizes). Also, you can play around with ingredients...would be tasty with sauteed peppers and onions!

The La Tortilla Factory low-carb WW tortillas have a ton of fiber, and there's plenty of protein in the chicken, beans, and cheese.

Enjoy!

Valerie

5'3"
145/130/118
valerie1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:10 AM   #2  
stbakd

hi val this looks good, but i have never seen some of the ingrediants. is pico a salsa and can i use real chicken. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:03 AM   #3  
Egy Kis Lany

Pico de Gallo is a tomato-based salsa (sort of, a bit fresher and not as 'saucy' usually with onions, some chiles, and cilantro).
I expect that you could substitute salsa or tomatoes just fine....
And I think that real chicken would be fine, too, but the seasonings might taste a little different.

Is chipotle a restaurant? Is this a rip-off recipe? (no insult intended, I've been trying to master a rip-off of Cheesecake Factory's Chicken Picatta for a while, now...)
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 PM   #4  

Hi!
Yep, pico de gallo is a chunky tomato/onion/cilantro/lime juice mixture that is usually found in the fresh produce section of the grocery. You could definitely sub jarred salsa, but I like the pico because it is fresh and reminds me more of what they serve at Chipotle. I think any chicken would be fine, I like the Perdue Shortcuts because I only have to heat them for a few minutes and they're already seasoned. I live alone and only cook for one, so it's easier for me that way.

Chipotle is a chain fast-food Mexican restaurant that for some reason, people seem to view as healthy (maybe because the food isn't fried?) They have really tasty burritos, but they're HUGE and pack a lot of calories.
valerie1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #5  
stbakd

thanks valerie and phys for the info. i haven't seen pico or perdu shortcuts in canada. alot of thing arent sold in canada. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote