South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Chat

Oh no! My jeans are feeling a little snug today! It's definitely time to get back on track. I was so confident that I'd be able to stay OP over the holiday, but oh boy did I mess up! Next week it's back to Phase 1 for me, that's for sure. I don't even want to try it this week, though, with all the holiday gatherings. When my big Italian family and friends get together, you eat. It's a big part of our tradition. I just need to remind myself to take smaller portions and ease up on the desserts!

It's back to work today, and I'm taking my GD, Amber, with me. She loves to come along, and all the girls play together so well. Besides, it gives me a break because I won't need to keep them entertained.

What's everyone else doing today?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the early start, Cottage. Have a good day at work. It's nice that Amber can go too and give you more time to enjoy her.

Quick good morning as we resume regularly scheduled programming! I woke at three, went back to sleep and just got up to the usual woofing. This may be the new normal although Ralph is not working this week - or else his truck died.

I have odds and ends to do today and plan to visit Claire and her crew plus also go over to Wendy's (freend not DIL) to see her little girls.

All set for healthy eating? I did pretty well over Christmas and actually am down a pound again. 2006 is THE YEAR for me now that crappy 2005 is nearly outta here.

Have a Terrific Tuesday on the Beach!

On the third day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Three French hens
....roast chicken for dinner tonight?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yes, I agree with you Ruth, 2005 was a VERY crappy year for us, too, and I'll be glad to see it out of here! 2006, here we come!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:58 AM   #4  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Well I debloated a little yesterday! Working my way down to Phase I next week. Wow did I overeat this past week! I have to change my ticker so I'm starting the year honest. That coupled with the fact that DM had rotator cuff surgery on Thursday and I did way too much laying around this weekend. Funny thing about lazy boy chairs - if you have surgery on your right shoulder - you can't put them up and down. So I was the official sleep on the couch and put the chair up and down person. She can't sleep in the bed yet so last night my DF took over couch duties.

I too thought I was going to do ok during Christmas. Except I found my way off the wagon via some sugar cookies and chili dogs. Cookies - who knew they could be so evil?

Next year is a new year! I'm getting motivated!
Old 12-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
I concur on 2005 I'm really looking forward to a healthy happy 2006
Somehow I am down 3 from before Christmas ( I bought a good scale Dec 16)
I was 196 and now I'm 193
Christmas was alot of fun and driving
Christmas eve we went to my moms Lots of fun lots of presents a little sad ( my first without my Gramma) but I felt her spirit!
Christmas day we went to My inlaws and it was very nice and relaxing
This week I have off and I'm going to try to have some me time
I'm also going to kickstart my exercise since I have no rushed time to make excuses for.
Bbiab Kierie

Last edited by KO; 12-27-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #6  

Good Morning you Chippie Chicks!

Xmas was wonderful! We went to Duke university Chapel for Xmas Eve services. The chapel is done in the Gothic style..similar to St.Patricks in NYC..Stained Glass all around, looming arches, and the biggest organ I've ever seen. The organ is magnificent and produces such a all embracing sound.. The carrolier played the bells and The children's choir from Durham sang traditional Xmas hymms along with Appalachian folk songs.. My MIL was overwhelmed by it all! She made a traditional Polish Xmas eve dinner ..Fish, periogies, Halushki, corn, potatoes, and Babka and pumpkin pie for dessert.. They spoiled us for Xmas..we had such fun opening gifts then off to bed. Xmas I made a spiral ham, roast potatoes, cauliflower etc.. then as BIL and DH watched football, me and MIL went into the bedroom to watch Xmas movies. We were sitting in the bed holding hands.. Yes, my MIL is like my own mother to me.
They left to go back to NJ yesterday, and I was just too weepy and blue to post. Today I'm off to do some returns.. have a wonderful day all!!!

I'm looking forward to 2006, 2005 was full of life changes ..2006 is gonna be full of Firsts for me!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #7  

Christmas was wonderful! We went to a Christmas Eve children's mass with lots of singing and angels, shepherds, etc. My son loved it as did DH and I. On Christmas itself, Brian was so surprised that he got the Star Wars Millenium Falcon Lego set. He knew it was too expensive for me to get for him but didn't know that it was half off the day after Thanksgiving at Target. I love that look of surprise. He has it all put together now even though we dragged him away from it for awhile yesterday to work on his pinewood derby car.

We spent Christmas at friends and I ate way too much stuff I shouldn't have although I did bring cranberry sauce with Splenda and made one of the Cranberry Apple Crisps with sugar substitutes. I was definitely up on my weight. I started a strict phase 1 yesterday and so far am doing well. We have no plans for New Years so this should be doable. I'm off work today unless they need me and then they will page me so I should be able to get a lot of stuff done.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

I hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend!!! Ours was fun, this was the first year in a long time we had a little one in the house on Christmas Eve. She (my niece) was so much fun, we baked Santa cookies Sat and baked a turkey. She loves to cook. But come Sat night when it was time to go to bed, she was just too excited to sleep. She started crying and DB didn't know why, she wouldn't tell him. So I went upstairs and she said that she's too excited to sleep and Santa doesn't come until kids are asleep and if she can't sleep he won't come, and then she started crying more. Poor thing, to be 7 again!!! I got her calmed down and she finally fell off about 11:30. DB is going through his divorce and he's just a wreck, depressed and there is nothing you can do to cheer him up. We tried for a while but we figured out quick nothing was going to work so we gave up. He's just waiting for it to be over. But other than that, we had a great time. I just decided since there was nothing I could do, I was going to enjoy the holiday myself.

Monday DH & I went shopping. He is such a doll. He held my coat AND my purse while I shopped for clothes. I was able to get into some 14's and he would tell me everytime I came out of the dressing room how I looked. I told him to be brutally honest and there was one outfit that was terrible and he just wrinkled his nose and said honey give me those I'll put them back for you!!! I love him so much. But like I said I got some 14 pants and I felt great. Even though I gained about 3 pounds from Christmas, I thought that wasn't too bad

I guess I should get back to work, Ya'll have a great day!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Default New To South Beach

Hi Everyone -

I posted this in Beacher's Biographies, but I thought I would put it here as well to introduce myself to the daily chat:

Hi, I am Elisabeth. I am 26, married without kids, living in Jacksonville, FL. I joined 3FC over a year ago when I was counting calories. I lost 20 lbs but I fell off the wagon at Thanksgiving 2004 and I never got back on so now those 20 lbs have all returned. I discovered South Beach when my mom gave me the first cookbook for Christmas 2004. I used the receipes but I didn't actually read the plan at the front of the book until recently. When I read it, it sounded like a plan that might work for me, so I went and got the book. Plus it fits in pretty well with SuperFoods RX, a book I read over the summer that really hit home for me. Thank you for letting me join your group!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, I had this HUGE post all typed out and clicked submit, and it crashed and now I'm starting over. Here's the cliff notes version:

MIL is home and feeling much better. We did Christmas with her yesterday and she took us to dinner. I have gained 9 lbs between Thanksgiving and yesterday. She keeps saying "Why are you starting the diet now? Why not just wait until after the New Year?" Because the sooner I start, the sooner I'll have results. If she were 115 lbs, I might listen to her, but since she's 215, I think I'm going to do things my way.

I'm not really much of a New Year's Resolution kind of person, but I have one this year (except I'm starting now instead of waiting until the New Year.) I realized that I only eat right and exercise when I need to look good for something. I was telling Molly last week "I only have 3 months to get skinny for Luke and Misty's wedding" (some of you may remember the suction-cup dress I have to wear.) Then I said "And right after that, we're going to Key West, and then it's swimsuit season already!" WHINEEEEEE. (Doesn't everyone feel so sorry for me?)

Then I had an epiphany. If I just ate right and exercised all the time, I would always look good and always would be healthy, and then I wouldn't have to kick things into high-gear so that in 3 months I'll be skinny. Duh, Lisa. Why did no one tell me this? Have I not been paying attention? Did I miss something?

So you girls have to hold me to this. I'm 144 today. I want to be in the 120's (I don't care if it's 129, I haven't seen it in 5 years) by March 25 when Luke and Misty get married. And I want to STAY THAT WAY. That gives me just under 3 months to lose 15 lbs. Can I do it???

I'm back on track today, making sure I get all my water and veggies. I'm doing a Daily Menu so that I can plan my meals and snacks the day before. Hopefully that'll keep me from binging.

You girls have a great day. Don't forget to hold me to this. If I talk about "Oh it's ok if I have just one *insert food or beverage here*" someone come to Springfield and knock me on my arse. Talk to you all soon.

Lisa
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Elisabeth! This is a great group of girls here. You will find tons of support here, and most of us can help you with questions you have, plus there's a FAQ about South Beach that you can read. We have tons of recipes, too, and they got me through some tough times when I was getting bored from eating the same 3 things every day.

Good luck to you!

Lisa
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #12  

Elisabeth!!! Looking forward to getting to know you and help ya!! Check out the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182 ..lots of good info and recipes there!

Weezle-glad your MIL is back home... I have a pampered chef question for you.. My MIL loves my pitcher with the plunger.. I am new to NC and know no one and not interested in having a party..how or can I just order the pitcher?

Tammy! What a dear husband you have! I'm glad that thru the tears your neice had a good Xmas because of her Auntie Elf! hopefully DB will find some happiness and a new start in 06!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Schatzo,

Go to www.pamperedchef.com. Select United States, and the homepage will come up. Click "Shop Online!" at the bottom. It will have you put in your zip code, and then shop away! The only thing I would suggest is that you see if there's anything else you want to purchase or anyone else needs while you're on there. The shipping is pretty costly if you don't do it through a show, so if you have relatives or anything that might want something too, they could split the shipping with you. IM me if you have any more questions.

Lisa
Old 12-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone...day one of phase 1 is done & we're on day two...not too bad! I agree with you Ruth & Cottage - 2006 is the year of the tinier waist & smaller behind!!
Barb - what a wonderful surprise on xmas for Brian - you're such an awesome mom!!!
Well I'm off to exercise...chat with you later!!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 AM   #15  
Mom With a Plan

Default Good Morning!

Hi Everyone! I posted last week but figured I'd "introduce myself" properly that way I'm contributing not just lurking. My name is Amy I am a 33 year old SAHM to 2 boys. I've been getting heavier and heavier each year and firmly decided it's time for that to end. I started SBD 3 weeks ago and so far I've been doing well and I feel really good about it. I did pretty well up until Christmas evening but I am back on track again. I just looked at myself in the mirror last night and said you deserve better Amy do this right, get back on track and move this train in the right direction. I checked on the scale and the damage was 1/2 pound so I'm pleased and know I can overcome that! I am very glad I started during the holiday craze of December so I'm starting the year weighing less than December 1st as opposed to adding on those December pounds and then starting.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

AmyB
Closed Thread