Old 12-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #1  

Lightbulb What magazines are motivating to you?

Just curious on the types of magazines you read that motivate you to get into the gym, eat healthier, lose weight etc....

I personally like Shape, Fitness, Women's Health, Men's Health (VERY interesting articles and studies on weight loss in there), I also like Pilates World, I'll read Runner's World at the gym, or Prevention...

What about everyone else?

~Julie
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #2  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Self is the one that I read most often, but I always have to take breaks from those types of mag.s because they are soooo repetitive.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:34 PM   #3  
banned

I LOVE FitnessRX for Women. It doesn't come out every month....about every 2-3 months.....so it's not repetitive at all. And everything in it has good science behind it to back it up. They also have awesome workouts!!! I wish it came out more often, but I suppose if it did, it would turn into another "fluff" magazine....but I LOVE it. Definitely worth buying

Other ones I like are Self, Muscle & Fitness Hers, and I used to really like Shape and Fitness, but those are a bit too fluffy for me now...especially Shape. I usually only look at the workouts in those magazines then throw the whole thing away. Or I just read it at a bookstore like Barnes and Noble so I don't have to buy it.
Danzer5570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:06 PM   #4  
here I go again...

I really like Self, Women's Fitness, and Health (which isn't always so focused on weight loss, so a nice break from my usual mentality). I am a sad sad collector of magazines though, so I'm never sure which I've read all the way through... and they end up in piles.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:22 PM   #5  

Default Magazines!

I love magazines.

I kept buying magazines, since I work so much and don't have time for books; so I finally subscribed to them, (using my American Airlines miles, of course).

My favorite is Women's Health. I also get Shape, Self, and Fitness. I like Self. Shape is my least favorite and a lot of the stuff from all of them is repetitive; but I really read them for the little nuggets of info. I read them right after I get them and I immediately tear out anything I think is interesting or any workouts I want to try. Then I throw them out. I don't like having magazines around the house. They pile up quick.
RebeccaJohnsonx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I like Oxygen the best!!! More real stuff, less "get a 6 pack in 2 weeks" stuff.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #7  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Self is my favorite, too. I also like fitness because of the workouts. I got a bunch of subscriptions from budgetmags dot com, because you can get a whole year for under $4, and being a student means that's just about all the free money I've got, LoL.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #8  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Oxygen is my all time favorite...I actually got a subscription as part of my christmas present. I read all the others like Shape and Fitness, but sometimes I feel like they have the same stuff every week. I like oxygen because it is really... hardcore (sometimes much more than I actually am.)
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #9  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Self and Shape, however I took a break from reading them for about a year now and have just recently ordered a subscription to Self. It's the same as everyone else said, they get repetitive.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote