The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-24-2005, 12:39 PM   #1  
moonlightstar

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5.3

Question new girl need help starting...

Hello ladies and Gents....

Well, want to start by wishing you all a merry christmas and happy new year. I am going to start the Biggest loser weight lost after the holidays...I read about the dvd and Jillian's book. I'd like to hear from you all who can give me advise before i start...what i need to focus on, what i need to purchased etc...any comments would be great. I am not sure where to start but i have 50 pounds to loose. Do i need any weight machines??? Anyway...hope to hear from you!

Chantal
Old 12-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi Chantal - do you plan on working out at home? If so you do need some equipment. I work out at home and make do with a nice, but relatively inexpensive weight bench and free weights. I also have a treadmill that is not really required but I find I use it a lot in the course of this workout anyway. I warm up and cool down on it as well as use it as some of my cardio intervals when I have hopped, skipped, and jumped until my knees can't take it anymore. I bought a jumprope and that is all I have added. You'll need a clock or timing device. I am doing the Winning for Losing (jillian's book) workout. You also need a fair amount of space.

I am interested in hearing more about the Biggest Looser workout and BL and Jillian's dvd's.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:58 PM   #3  
moonlightstar

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5.3

I am planning on working out at home. I have hand weights and a pilates ball already. I don't have a weight bench is that going to be a problem? How do you find the book?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:48 PM   #4  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

You know the ball might work as a weight bench for you, or if you need something more stable a plain coffee table works well.

I bought my book at a local bookstore. I believe you can order it through amazon.com.

There are some exercises that I just don't have equipment for, cables and rowing machine, so I substitute other exercises that work the same muscles. Jillian's book tells you what muscle/muscles are being targeted with each excercise so if you do some research via internet or a good basic weight lifting book you can come up w/ substitue exercises that will do the same thing for you and that you can do at home.

moonlightstar - I love your screen name. Have a wonderful holiday and I bet some others will chime in here soon to give you some more tips on getting started.