Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 AM   #1  

Default New....hello.

Hi all. My name is Sherry and I am a compulsive overeater and binge eater. I have been since a child, but was lucky enough to stay small and petite at 114 lbs until two yrs ago and I have slowly, at the age of 34, gained 50 whopping pounds. I am absolutely sick with myself, but feel emotionally paralyzed. I really need to start OA again. I did the online work and meetings for 18 days right before Thanksgiving and started losing weight and feeling better emotionally. Then I lost it on Thanksgiving and started binging worse than ever. Anyway, it is nice to be here.
princess197113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 AM   #2  

hi princess. i'm new to this site too.

i am like you. i have been a compulsive eater/overeater all my life but was fine for most of my life until i hit 30. then i got depression and other health problems and started ballooning. nearly 10 yrs later i can't seem to get the weight off. at first when i put on weight i could get it back off but now i find it harder to exercise and harder to have self control. but i am working on it

looking forward to meeting others in this forum and getting my head together and a balanced approach to life.
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome Sherry and Sweet Pea!

This is such a difficult time of year where eating is concerned, but don't give up hope! Just do the best you can, and we'll all get through this together.
Right now I'm just concentrating on maintaining my current weight. I've got a wicked cough, and a lot of food to eat/avoid, but in about a week, I'm going to be raring to go again.

We can do this, girls!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  

I am so glad to be here. And your posts are very supportive. Thanks!!! We can do this!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #5  

Hi, princess. I too kept my weight down until recently. I had my second son when I was 36 and at that time I was sooooooooo heavy, went on Zoloft and got even heavier. Since then I have never seen less than 151 pounds, but the average has been 165-170 pounds. Right now I'm pregnant again, 15 weeks, and am 175 pounds. I can't stand it. I'm the biggest cow ever. I know how you feel. I wonder why it is that we can keep our weight down until a certain point and then everything goes haywire? Not that our eating before was healthy, but you know what I mean.

I'm so glad you're on the forum. I think you have a lot of very wonderful things to say. I hope you have a really nice holiday. Let's all stick together in the coming year and I think we might finally start seeing some changes in how we deal with food.
MyThreeTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #6  

Default You guys are great!

Thanks to all of you who replied and offered your own stories. I really didn't know how much I needed this type of support. I really appreciate the honesty and emotional support. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #7  

Welcome Sweet Pea and Princess.

I am new as well. I joined the forum today and started journalling my food on Monday. I am not in a formal program at this time yet. I am not familiar with OA but the posts on this thread sound just like what I am living with.

I see a counselor to help get me on the right track. I haven't binged in months thanks to her guidance and hard work. Unfortunately, I am a HUGE emotional eater. I look forward to the advice and friendship this forum has to offer.
MagentaMaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone! I'm in the same boat as many of you. I successfully stopped binge eating over a year ago, but have recently realized that emotional eating (even small amounts) is keeping me from losing the weight I gained over the last few years. I am seeing a therapist - someone who specializes in eating disorders, and it helps a lot. I also keep a food journal and estimate daily calories. It's working well so far, but it is an ongoing battle to stay in touch with my emotions and keep them from driving me to eat. Often I use food to avoid things - projects that stress me out or feelings that are negative. It's a habit many of us have had since childhood, and one that isn't easily broken.

I wish everyone here unparalleled success, and hope that we can help each other work toward achieving our goals!
Hibiscus8 is offline   Reply With Quote