South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Christmas is closing in fast!

I thought I'd try and be a little creative today with my posting! Can you tell I'm feeling sleep-deprived? I have this morning off so far, thank goodness. I'm almost finished the laundry, and am waiting for the sun to come up before I stop in for a visit with my parents. That always makes their day, and unfortunately I don't get the opportunity as often as they'd like. I want to get some last minute cleaning done too, and make one final (I hope) run to the grocery store. Jake is going to a Christmas party after work, so at least I won't have to fix his supper. I'll probably just make a salad for myself. I'd better go get started on this day!
Old 12-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That's pretty darn creative, Cottage! It sounds like you have your day in good control.

Would you believe I have a hangover? I seem to have won a wine drinking contest at the party last night. Luckily someone drove me home! Never drink wine when you have forgotten to eat supper!

Christmas is breathing down my neck today! I will do a bit more cooking this morning for Saturday's party and then will take off to visit my friend in Ottawa and have Christmas dinner with her. It should be fun. I'll get back tomorrow afternoon and then the real panic will set in!

For now, another coffee and a soak in the tub before I tackle the morning. It's snowing big puffy flakes right now so there may be some shovelling later.

Happy Thursday!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:12 AM   #3  

3 days left fer Xmas!!!

Cottage:
I lover yer colorful post! CONCENTWATE..WAX ON WAX OFF we can get all this stuff done!!!

Ruth: No Whining about tooo much Wine Have a wonderful visit today!!!

I may have ta pull an alll nighter!!!! I was out on the deck yesterday shaking out the area rugs, when I decided to go down to the yard and play with the girls...WHOOPSWHEEEE SPLAT!!! Missed the step and landed square on my tail bone... I rolled around like a fat sausage link in pain.. and moved at a snail's pace the rest of the day... A heating pad, Bengay and Alieve seemed to have done the trick.. so I got mucho to catch up on today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

cottage--that is a very colorful post, good job!!!
ruth--hope you feel better, been there, done that.
schatzi--ooh I hope your tail bone is better today!! I don't know if I could bounce back that quick (I'm sure I'd have bounced many times though)

My DB & I went shopping last night for my niece's Christmas. It was fun picking out girly things for Santa to leave. I'm used to buying boy stuff so I had a good time. My pocket book on the other hand is squealing this morning. But it's Christmas and as my DH says "It's only money, we'll make more" I just can't wait til pay day again!!!

The scales are not my friend this morning. It's my own fault I have succumbed to the dreaded office party food. Yesterday I didn't plan a lunch and we ate left overs from the party on Tuesday. For some reason I ate more of this stuff yesterday than the actual party, what's up with that?
So...moving on through Christmas w/ a couple extra pounds. Oh well..

Ya'll have a great day!!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:58 AM   #5  

cottage - What a bright cheery post! That's a great way to start the day.

Ruth - Have a wonderful visit!

Schatzi - That sounds painful. I'm glad you aren't hurt worse. Try to take it easy.

Tammy - I love getting a chance to buy for a girl too. My son just never is interested in things on the pink row!

As for me, I converted an Apple Cranberry Crisp recipe to South Beach and tried it last night. I need to bring one with real sugar to a get together on Christmas and I want to bring one that is OP so I can eat it. It was a bit too tart but it really needed more apples so I think that will handle the tartness. I used Spenda with the fruit and spices and Brown Sugar Twin and old fashioned oats mixed with some Land of Lakes Butter light for the topping. After I try it the next time, I'll post the recipe.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:30 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies-

I have to do a stocking stuffer run today...HB and I have been opening presents early. I am in kind of a funk but it's gotten me out of it slowly but surely!

Happy and Merry everyone!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning chicks. Yes, Christmas is closing in fast and I'm getting so excited about it! If I weren't on the beach, I'd probably be elbow deep in cookie batter right now...sigh...gingerbread, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies...

Not much going on today. School is done until the new year. The last of my co-workers left town to visit family yesterday. I also finished up my law school personal statement yesterday (finally!) and feel ready to get the application off. Such a big relief. Today I'm going to relax, maybe go walking and read some. I'm in the middle of Memoirs of a Geisha and I can't put it down. I think I'm going to make myself a cup of hot tea and get reading...

Cottage ~ Colorful post today! I hope you enjoy your morning off and have a wonderful visit with your parents!

Ruth ~ I hope you feel better soon! Have a great time visiting your friend this afternoon!

Schatzi ~ Ow! Your poor tailbone! Take it easy, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Barbara ~ Mmmmm...the apple cranberry crisp sounds delicious. I hope you can get the recipe to how you like it!

Jenne ~ Hi! I hope you have a successful stocking stuffer run!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:29 AM   #8  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Jenn, my sweetie and I have been opening presents early as well. We had planned to open our presents to each other on Christmas Eve morning since we are spending Christmas Day with my parents & sister--but have been exchanging all week. Adam said, "Well, if it's not going to be Christmas morning, who cares when we open them!" LOL. I at least am saving the exciting gifts for Christmas Eve though. I got him a DVD he really wants and tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters.

Am I a bad person? I always finish my shopping very early, but I love to go out at the last minute and either buy more or just look at those doing last-minute shopping! I think I just love the hustle and bustle of Christmastime and I want to soak in every last drop! Really, I'm not laughing at those desperate people out there!

I get off around 3 day and then am off until Tuesday! I wish I could take more vacation but tis the nature of my job (customer service rep) that we can only have one person out at a time. And since I am on the bottom of the totem pole...blech. I did have Thanksgiving off which was wonderful and I will just remember that! We are making a quick trek to Ohio for Christmas--driving 6-7 hours there on Christmas Eve and coming back on the 26th! I hope it will be worth it to see the family and it will not be too stressfilled.

I don't even like apple crisp and that recipe still sounds delish! I do looove peach crisp/cobbler...will have to start experimenting!

Enjoy the Christmas weekend, everyone! God bless-
Jessie
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Cottage you brightened my Lunchtime!
Ruth you wild woman!
Schatz I feel your pain I used to hurt my tail bone all the time
Tammy You are such an amazing lady and your husband sounds like he has a heart as big as yours
Barb will you come cook for me?
Jenne any good stocking ideas? I'm at a loss
Christina I have been dying to read that
Jess Part of me loves the bustle of the last minute although DH won't let me go see Santa
I'm down 2 somehow don't ask I haven't been watching but i haven't really had time to eat either the ticker goes up Jan 2 when I dun dun duuuun face the music
we're going shopping tonight the list just keeps getting bigger
gotta run working on my self eval for work :P
Kierie
Old 12-22-2005, 08:29 PM   #10  

HUGS and Blessings!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #11  
Who needs sleep?

Heyo - I don't know if I'll get a chance to post again til after Christmas, so just in case - Merry Christmas or Happy Channukah or happy whatever-it-is-you-celebrate-now!

We got our tree up and put the lights on - the limbs are pretty bent up, though, so I'm not putting anything else on it til they've had a chance to relax a little. Then I'll nip the long branches and tidy up the thick spots, and then put on whatever else I'm going to put on.

Sunday we're heading over to my brother's house for dinner, and Monday DH's parents, sisters, niece, nephew, aunt, and possibly GPs are all coming for dinner and presents. Should be a houseful! I don't have that much room at my table, so it'll be buffet-style. Actually, I'm not sure I have enough flatware, since some has gone missing - I'd better check! For that matter, I'm not sure I have enough *plates*! Maybe I'd better go with disposables, at least for the adults. I don't know if I'd trust my 8 year old nephew with a flimsy paper plate!
Closed Thread