Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM   #1  

Default Week at a Time Challenge #26 - 1 Week Till Christmas!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

December 25 is our newest short-term challenge date - Even if you are not celebrating Christmas feel free to take on that date with us or December 31 (New Year) as the end of the challenge. The object is to strive for consistent weeks of goal achievement resulting in big losses!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:53 PM   #2  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello ladies,
Tuesday afternoon here. Not sure what challenge I am doing this week... whatever it is, I didn't do it yesterday... ups:
I'm probably not going to enjoy my appointment with the scale this week... it hasn't happened yet, as the scale has been unavailable (in plain words, locked up in the other washroom, which was in use).
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/191/147

Height: 5'8''

Hello Everyone!

I'm going for a 15 minute walk outside every day again!! I did it yesterday, yay!! 1/7 done!

I almost lost a pound - I lost part of a pound. Not enough to move my ticker. Oh well, there is always next week!!

Ees
eesabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:26 PM   #4  
Exercise Queen

Working on my Ab challenge for the week. I declared it Sunday, but today was the first day I actually did my Ab workout, so- Day 1.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM   #5  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

The appointment with the scale turned out not to be that bad after all - still 140, which is a good thing, given the last few days!

For the rest of this week, I'm going for 4 goals in one challenge: 10 min stationary bike with stretching, PLUS no sweets, PLUS no food after 7 pm, PLUS at least 4 bottles of water.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #6  

Wow. All these people suddenly dropping in with challenges! But I'm not one of them. Just not in the mood to really behave, apart from the wine and chocolate bans on the 21-day thread. I did weigh in yesterday, no change from last week. But I'm quite happy with my progress in the past month, so I won't complain, and just hope to maintain for now. Hmmm... some pasta for dinner would be nice...

Toodles, ladies. Maybe after the New Year we can breathe some new life into this thread?
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #7  
Xer
What a dork.

Hiya! I'm new to this group and.. It's already day two of the week, but I thought I'd do a challenge anyways just to keep myself accountable for!

This week.. or for the rest of the week anyways.. I'm going to try to drink nothing but water or green tea. =D
Xer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #8  

Hello Xer! Welcome to the group! Good luck on your challenge!!

Day 2/7 down!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #9  
dgpebbles

Hello everyone

Well I've done 2 days so far of no sugars and drinking more water...Hope next week i'll have more energy to start a workout of some sort..

Can't wait for my first weigh-in...This site is really helping me stay motivated.

good luck everyone
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #10  

3/7 days of 15 minute walks done! I was sooo hyped up for this walk! I was speed walking - I should have gone longer, but I still only did 15!

Congratulations on your challenges Pebbles!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ees
Old 12-22-2005, 12:27 AM   #11  

Default Wednesday night -eer Thursday a.m.?

Hi Ladies - something is amiss with the spacebar on the laptop! Aaaugh! Been busy with holiday shopping, mailing etc. May have to give acolades tomorrow with this dumb computer not responding properly - it is taking me forever to type this!

Xer to our little group - let us know how you are doing - great challenge!

eesabella for your 3 days of success!

dgpebbles for 2 days of success this week!

stagemom for your first workout - keep it up.

carla - I am like you only worse. At least you are still managing a regular challenge on the 21 day challenge. You go girl!

Sushi - You are maintaining so well -140 is below my goal weight!

Bonnie - Congrats to you. I know it may not seem like a victory but to me you are my hero - just 2 lbs shy of onederland is an accomplishment during this time of year.

Ladies - I did it despite these sticky keys. Have a great Thursday and kick some flab butt this week. I like carla's idea about breathing new life into this thread for the New Year. So if you have any ideas for the Weekly Challenge in 2006 let me know here or feel free to pm me!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:24 AM   #12  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Thanks Mscat
At this rate, the maintaining isn't going to last long - I'm having a bad week challenge-wise... should I blame it on laziness, or on TOM...?

Hope you're all doing better with your challenges than I am
Old 12-23-2005, 01:06 AM   #13  

Default 2 Days till Christmas!

Well Ladies - I weigh exactly the same as I did when I started this challenge in June. It has been an interesting ride - a see saw-a rollercoaster - a yo-yo, up and down and up again. I am so proud of all of you who have lost and those of you who have maintained. I support you and it is my intention to not only stand behind you but stand with you.

I am not going to stress over the next 2 days with Christmas occuring on Sunday. If we stay at home - I am not worried about Christmas dinner. If we go to MIL's -well I am not going to worry about that either. However, since I am home all next week, it will be the perfect time for me to start something new - Can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I will be deciding what that something new will be.

Have a great Friday - will check in with you all later!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #14  
Xer
What a dork.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

I've done my challenge great so far! But.. I've decided to allow myself a layed back Christmas (eve) since it IS the holidays and I've saved a truckload of candy from friends at school. Thus, I don't think consuming only water is going to be on the top of my priority list.. especially since I loooove eggnog! I guess I'll just let my challenge flow over into next week as well. Never a bad time to worry about drinking just water!

Good luck with your challenges everyone! Especially over the holiday!
Xer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscat816
Well Ladies - I weigh exactly the same as I did when I started this challenge in June. It has been an interesting ride - a see saw-a rollercoaster - a yo-yo, up and down and up again. I am so proud of all of you who have lost and those of you who have maintained. I support you and it is my intention to not only stand behind you but stand with you.

I am not going to stress over the next 2 days with Christmas occuring on Sunday. If we stay at home - I am not worried about Christmas dinner. If we go to MIL's -well I am not going to worry about that either. However, since I am home all next week, it will be the perfect time for me to start something new - Can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I will be deciding what that something new will be.

Have a great Friday - will check in with you all later!
Mscat, I dare say the challenge doesn't end on Dec 25th, not even on Dec 31st! And everyone else - let's persist.

That being said, I'm not going to stress too much over the next two days either.