Old 12-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default newbie here

Hi, I originally posted in the introduction thread back at the beginning of September. Unfortunately my diet plans did not go too well at that time - I started a new birth control pill that made me very bloated and depressed, my husband and I started fighting quite a bit, and I was focused on finishing my last semester of college (finals were last week, thank goodness I'm done now). I didn't make weight loss a prioroty, and I've gained a few more pounds since then.

I'm getting ready to travel cross-country and visit my family for a couple of weeks. I haven't seen them in a year. I wanted to lose some weight before this happened, because I know that a few people are definitely going to comment on my figure (the first question will be if I'm pregnant, and the second question will be about why I gained so much weight this year). But anyway.

I am definitely getting on track with eating well and exercising as soon as I return in January. I had a healthy lifestyle until about 9 months ago, so I know what I need to do. I really just wanted to post here for my own accountability - if I tell other people about it, then maybe I will be more likely to stick with it. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
subarugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:15 PM   #2  

Good luck on your trip! Welcome back to the 20s board. Hopefully we'll all have more time to post in the new year! I usually post my exercise daily and the past two weeks I've only been on the site about 3 times. Sheesh! Crazy Holiday season!

Have a good trip!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 07:03 PM   #3  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi Hi Hi
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #4  

Welcome back! We are at about the exact same weight...I may be more like 168 I decided I needed more of a reward system going, so I changed the nickname to one of my savings accounts to "vacation fund" and I am going to put $1 for every hour of cardio I do, and .50 for every yoga/pilates class ( or weight lifting) I go to/do, and $1 for every pound lost. So that will be minimum $40 dollars for the pounds, and I am sure I'll log in tons of cardio and weight lifting...I usually do a lot, but finals really killed my motivation. I really want to go on vacation, tan on the beach, and feel comfy in a bikini again! I think counting calories really help, but i HATE it! it's so tedious...but i guess it's worth it! I'll let you know how it works...hopefully this time next year I'll have like $700 saved up from working my butt off (literally haha) ...welcome to the forum Subarugirl!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #5  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi and back!

I hope you enjoy your cross country trip and best of luck with meeting your goals!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

BACK!!!! glad you decided to join in on the threads!

mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Back
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:12 PM   #8  
No more fat mama!

Welcome back!
bearcatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #9  

hi! I am new here myself... I think I am the only one who goes off of birth control and gains weight. I gained 10 lbs the first month i was off. My doctor says this is pretty normal! AHH! i never heard this before. Or so maybe i am blaming the birth control..lol...anyways nice to meet you and good luck!
Christian4HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:04 AM   #10  
Egy Kis Lany

Welcome!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote