Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 11:20 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #26

Hi everyone. Well, I have been so busy, haven't had time to get on the computer to you. My daughter and her family came on Friday, and then my granddaughter got sick. We did attempt to go to the mountains, drove 2 1/2 hours from here and she was to sick to get out of the car. She was running a fever and had a terrible cough - SO, we turned around and drove 2 1/2 hours back home. The scenery was fantastic and the mountain lakes are such a beautiful shade. This, plus the additional standing and visiting etc., really has done a number on my back. Even though my treatment is working, the muscles are still so weak. My son was also home, and then on Sunday, my Brother and his wife came for a visit as well. Everyone left on Sunday, as my daughter just wanted to take the baby home. Today, we had company for lunch, and they brought along some visitors from Denmark who will be staying with us until Wednesday, when, again, I will have more company for either lunch or supper or both. It is enough to make ones head spin

The weather has been fantastic here since Saturday. At last the rain is gone and the sun has come. We did have a real thunderstorm last night that lasted for about 1/2 hours. Just enough to put a little bit of a damper on the Canada Day festivites down at the beach. However, it cleared off, but my back was to stiff for me to go down to the beach. Watched the fireworks from my deck instead. It is not a humid climate I live in. It is hot and dry. The fellow from Denmark says he finds this a lot hotter than the same temperature in Denmark, where it is humid. To me, the humidity almost kills me. I find it hard to breath.

Anyway, I just want to wish my American friends a great 4thof July. Have fun.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:42 AM   #2  

My Pooch!
Old 07-03-2001, 04:17 PM   #3  

Default Hi

I just got home and have no one to greet me but then I go to the message board and get a smile.I'ma hurtin from the long drive. When I get through,it will be 9 hours total driving but I listened to a great book on tape. I was good again but I haven't gotten on the scale yet. Now I kni=ow I can pass up rich desserts just because they are there. Not that I wouldn't have a bit if I really liked it. Tomorrow is another day with my daughter having a cookout but I am going to have a hamburger or hot dog-not both. And lots of salad. and maybe some chips.But then dinner will be very light. Oh well enough about food. I'm just glad to sleep in my bed for one day. Have a great night everyone. Mima gonna go put golf balls under my feet.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:17 PM   #4  

Happy 4th you all.
I couldn't even get to the last posting on this site last nite. Can't wait til my AOL expires. I don't have this problem at work with Road Runner.
I was very careful with food and hit the fiber big time for two days and feel some relief.
How come I feel so good, and then blow it with a few days of sugar and junk??????
Is anyone still doing 5-HTP? I tried to go off and got migraines. I think there is a connection. I am going to stick to this for a while.
Old 07-04-2001, 01:00 AM   #5  

Hi everyone...I'm not dead...just wish I was some days!!! Haven't been feeling too good lately. I have tomorrow, Friday, Sat, Sun. & Monday off from babysitting (although I have to go to Nashville to the Dr. Mon. and to the Neurologist here on Fri. plus, hubby will be home tomorrow through Sun.!!!) But I'm hoping to get some rest, anyway. Hubby went and rented Castaway and Unbreakable for me tonight...just got through watching Castaway, it was good! Gonna watch Unbreakable tomorrow night and then rent Oh, Brother Where Art Thou to watch Thur. night. Gonna try to just lay around for a few days. Hope you all have a great 4th!!! Check out my 2 new Friendship Pages. I hope to get a lot of the old ones back on in the next few months but haven't really felt like doing any of it lately! Sitting here typing hurts!

http://www.design-max.net/HappyJuly4th.html
http://www.design-max.net/SweetJuly4th.html

Oh...about making parts of your message a color AND something else...if you are typing it in the box it will only let you do one thing at a time but...if you want to type the commands in yourself you can make it ALL things at once...for example, THIS IS CRIMSON, CENTURY GOTHIC, HUGE, BOLD, ITALICIZED AND UNDERLINED ALL AT ONCE BECAUSE I TYPED THE COMMANDS FOR EACH BEFORE AND AFTER THIS SECTION!

If you want something both large and red you would type SIZE=3 inclosed in brackets [] and then type COLOR=red inclosed in brackets[] before the word and then type /SIZE and /COLOR between brackets to end each command. Type SIZE= and your number for size, COLOR= and the name of the color for your color, FONT=and the name of your font for lettering, B for bold I for italics and U for underlined...be sure to enclose each one in brackets[] and be sure to END each one with the same exact command with a forward slash in front of it /. Sounds like a lot of work but if you know the commands it just takes a few seconds. All I can tell you is try it out...if it doesn't work you can always delete you message and start all over until you get it right!

HAPPY 4th everybody!!!!
Old 07-04-2001, 07:39 PM   #6  

Geee Meme....I thought you would be impressed with my one icon so far and now you are talking about new fonts!!!!!!

Getting ready for a inflatable pool party on Saturday. Here I am the one with Fibro and I am still the one to coordinate, cook and a clean for a get together.
Its just not fair.
And it is going to rain.

Mima...Did you stick to your diet today? I ate only salad for dinner and a veggie burger at the mall. I found great great bargains shopping today and it wasn't crowded. Not very patriotic, but I enjoy my bargain hunting.

Happy...A 5 hour drive with a sick little one. Oh that doesn't sound like fun. And you ARE the hostess with the mostess. How do you do it?
Old 07-04-2001, 08:01 PM   #7  

Default Hello everyone

Well, at last all my company has departed. It is hard to get beds ready, and I could have gone broke that past week, feeding this horde of people. My goodness. I survived just fine. My back was really giving me trouble Sunday and Monday, and started to settle down yesterday. The last Chiro treatment I had 2 weeks ago is still holding. It feels really good today. I am sleeping like a baby (no Elavil - stopped taking it 2 weeks ago) and I am not taking stuff for my Hiatal hernia either. I am just functioning as me, and let me tell you it feels wonderful. I did have to take 222's yesterday (2 of them) for a headache, but that is it. I hope this continues to hold, as I am not due back at the chiro until 09 July. He is on holidays.

My little granddaughter is feeling a lot better now (of course, she has gone home). She will be back to stay with grandma and grandpa on the 19July for a couple of days.

It is really hot here (92) or so. It is a really dry heat, and I burn so easy. I am pretty fair skinned - never tan.

I hope that you are all feeling good and are having a great time today.

Mima it is nice to come on the computer and know that someone out there is waiting to hear from you as well.

Meme, I tried that font thing, but I don't know what I did wrong.

THIS IS CRIMSON, CENTURY GOTHIC

Maybe you will be able to tell me what I did wrong. I thought I was following instuctions, but apparently not.
Old 07-04-2001, 08:02 PM   #8  

hey, it worked. Can you use that on any site or in e-mail as well, or just here? Thanks Meme.

Hello Joanne and Candice.

Ally, good luck on your party this weekend. You get to do it, because you probably do a darn good job and they know the food will be great .
Old 07-05-2001, 03:41 AM   #9  

Hurting...can't sleep...

No...you can't just use it anywhere. I don't know about other threads. If the person you are e-mailing can receive html you can send your mail in different colors, fonts, etc. but not using the commands you use in here...you have to use html commands and they are different. For example, instead of using the []brackets, they use the greater and lesser symbols <>. The commands used in here are just word processor signs. The next time you pull up a page on the internet that has links on it, go up to the top and click "view" in your task bar then choose "source" from the drop down menu and it will show you all the symbols it took to make the page look like it does with the backgrounds, pictures, colors and links. That is HTML. That is what I use to make all my pages. What they use in here is what your computer uses when you type a letter in your word processor or word pad.

Ally...I AM impressed!!!

Never pass up an opportunity to learn something new!!!
Old 07-05-2001, 07:42 AM   #10  

There is an easier way to do this color size thing...........

Bold, Color, Font and Size all in one line.

This is how I do it, so I dont have to remember what to type in front of and behind each line.

Choose the Bold button and type what you want in the pop-up box. Click ok.

You should see your text in the reply box. (It will have a bracket, forward slash, the letter B and another bracket behind it.)

Next, to color the same line. Highlight the line of text, with the b's in front and behind it. (Do this by clicking at the end of the text and then dragging your mouse over it.) Right click on the text and choose cut. Your text will disappear.

Now, click on the color button. When the pop-up appears, right click in the box and click on paste. Then click ok. You will now have colored, bold text.

You can follow this for all the features. Type, cut, choose feature, paste, click ok, cut, choose another feature, paste, click ok, etc.

Use the preview feature to check your success. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Candicej; 07-05-2001 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2001, 10:51 AM   #11  

That sounds to me like a lot of trouble!!! Of course, I guess I've typed in those commands for so long I could almost do it in my sleep

Speaking of sleelp...I didn't sleep over 3 hrs. all night last night and I feel like I've been run over by a Mac truck!!! Daughter told me this morning that they are going to the space exibition in Huntsville...they're picking up the kids at 1:30...then I only have to give one piano lesson at 6 and I'm done with kids until NEXT TUESDAY!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2001, 07:40 PM   #12  

OK Meme. Point taken.
However, I still have to look at something ten times and think about it for a few days before my brain gets in gear.
Ya know, I used to be smart.
I think.

Happy....hope all this hostessing doesn't catch up with you. I am dying today after my shopping expedition yesterday. All day I ached and ached. And then after dinner, I was fine. This stuff is so hard to understand and predict.

I haven't cheated once today.
Old 07-05-2001, 08:29 PM   #13  

Default Hello

Hello Everyone- It is sure nice to read all your messages.
Hello Happy Canuk- You surely are the hostess with the mostess. I could not do it. I love company for short periods.
Candicej your garden is still going great guns. I really do injoy your images. I haven't got the hang of the colors yet!
I went to WW today and I'm only 6 lbs over goal. I'll have to work hard to get that off. I had a good day today. I still have 7 pts. left. I will only use 2..
Hope you all have a good night... Joanne
Old 07-06-2001, 01:08 AM   #14  

Default Hello Fibrogals

Hope you are all doing well today.
I am just plain tired. Need a few days to catch up. Not as young as I used to be - this entertaining stuff gets harder and harder, because, of course, I no longer cook for lots of people.

Meme - feel better. Maybe after that nice LONG weekend you will start to feel better again.

Ally, it is a strange thing that we all share. No rhyme or reason to it - it just is. No wonder Drs. have a hard time trying to prescribe meds for us (lol)

Candice - beautiful flowers. Keep up the good work.

Mima - missed you today. Hope you're doing ok.

Joanne - Nice to hear from you. 6 pounds is not so bad if you catch it now and not let it run away with you. Good for you. Day one is done.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:18 PM   #15  

Default Hello again!!!

It's so great to be home to stay-for 2 and a half weeks anyways. I'm going to Fort Myers for 8 days-on the 23rd. About that food program I'm on-well on july 4th I was not good and then on the 5th we all had our last get together til October-the people I work with and who could turn down a poppover etc. It's Friday and I was good today and I have to weigh in Monday but I will not get on the scale yet.It's too bad because last week I lost a lb.and I probably gained 2 this week. Well. I'm home now and in control of what I can eat.I also do not have food in the house. It was so nice to read all the posts.Time to retrieve the phone message about a tutoring job. I will post tomorrow am. Mima
Closed Thread