South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #1  

Default FROSTY FRIDAY CHAT Dec 16th

Wake Up Wake UP Cawfee is a brewin!!!!

Ruthie: I hope yer gums are feelin better..and Devil Dog is Beeeehavin! Was yer tree delivered??

HKO: I think you asked me... I'm making a "Home Sweet Home" embroidery piece that has a loverly cottage surrounded by trees and flowers... The trees and flowers are all French Knots and the house is a straight and split stitch.. and I doah Declarah, I think today I will finish it!!!!! So it will get to my nephew fer Xmas!!!

I went to the gym this morn... treadmill and upper body work out..I sure feel those lunges from yesterday... They took my coupon but he gave it back without marking down my second visit... heh heh... I had to go it alone since Ana wasn't feeling tooo goood...but I did all that she demanded of me !!!

Alrighty then... cawfee and crossword puzzle ... and then on to conquer the day!!!

So what's happen'n on yer towels today??
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #2  

Good morning!

Schatzi- WAY TO GO ON THE EXERCISE!!

I haven't been since Tuesday. I am feeling this lull really bad. Hopefully, I will be able to jump back in tomorrow. Tonight, I will not exercise. Tonight, we are going out to the Melting Pot for my birthday dinner.

Well, gotta go. DS is puny this morning. Just a cold. I am debating on send him to daycare or stay home with him. I hate trying to make that decision. I like him to keep his routine, but I don't want to drive him all the way there only to have to go back and get him.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My exercise will be shovelling today! We got a good 7" of snow overnight and it is still coming down! My Christmas tree didn't arrive yesterday and I doubt it will happen tomorrow so I've cancelled Wendy and the little girls. This afternoon I need to go to get my snow tires (!) IF I can get out of the lane.

Thanks to everyone who has been asking about crazy Lucy. She seems her usual silly and funny self. For a smart dog, she sure does dumb things!

Aside from shovelling this morning, I'll make a batch of dog food which I've been putting off and try to get a gift or two wrapped. I still have not done shopping because my DK (damned knee) can't hack shopping centres but will do some goodie baskets and a few stockings. I still can't find the shopping I stashed away last January! If I do that this year after Christmas, I must note the location, not just the gifts and who they were for!

Better post this fast as my ISP has gone down several times already - must be the snow on the pixels!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #4  

Dr Schatzi is not pleased with this SNOW Shoveling activity on Miss Ruthies Knee... PULEEZE BE CAREFUL ruth darlin!!!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schatz, it's snow shoving rather than shovelling. Thanks for the warning though!
My lane just got ploughed so I may try to get out to get my snow tires on this morning. Yay!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #6  

Dr. Schatzi orders you to git some rest this afternoon...after yer tire run...A hot bubble bath with epsom salts...a scented candle and you may have 1 cookie.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Very busy yesterday,even to busy to post. Got some cakes & cookies baked for our Senior Center Party along with some finger sandwiches.

OOPPPPPPPPS!! I just heard on the radio Gusty Wind Advisorys are being posted. OH God!! If we loose our power again,that will be horrible.On the bright side I won't eat and maybe lose another pound.

Hope this ice storm is not heading to SCHATZI as it did alot of damage to Georgia, with down power lines. Be careful.

Schatzi-your going to be the "EXERCISING QUEEN" this month,great job going to the gym,and geting your exercising in.

djette-Sending [[[good: vibes]]]your way for your DH & that you have control in the Melting Pot Birthday Celibration.Have a great Birthday.

Ruth-Sorry about your knee,please take care.Listen to Dr Schatzi she always gives good advice.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 12-16-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

Schatzi--you go girl w/ your excerising self!!!!

Djett--hope the babe feels better, and you have a great birthday celebration

Ruth--Be careful out there today, don't overdo. Hopefully your tree will come in on Monday!

Beachbum--I've got to do my baking tonight and tomorrow morning. I enjoy it but it is such a mess!!! and I hate to clean up afterward

Everything is going pretty good for me, but my brother (moved in w/ us due to divorce) doesn't have a job right now, anyway....he applied for this great job last week and they let him know yesterday that he did not get the job
I hope things pick up for him, he is so depressed right now. I'm doing everything I can to cheer him up but the holidays are such a downer for him. And me with "Happy Holiday" attitude, sunshine & roses in his face I'm hoping it rubs off a little!!!

Gotta get back to work, Ya'll have a great day
Old 12-16-2005, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Crazy weather here! Our snow turned to freezing rain overnight and warmed up to 52*, then started freezing up again. All the roads are ice glazed skating rinks, and are catching drivers by surprise. I went to Curves at 6:45 and the roads were fine, but I noticed the parking lot was slippery on my way back to my car, and it was a slippery ride back home. I'm glad I don't have to go out til noon to pick up the girls. The sun should have done it's work by then and dried up everything.
I've been spending the morning cleaning the house, and it's a good feeling knowing that's done. Now I'll have my weekend free. Tomorrow is going to spent wrapping gifts, and Sunday we have our family gift exhange at my brother's. H-ko and Mamacita gave me some helpful suggestions for what to get my SIL, whose name I have, so the girls and I are going shopping after lunch today. My son just called to ask if my granddaughter can come and spend the night tonight so they can get the rest of their shopping finished, so we'll have a fun time this evening.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:23 AM   #10  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin chicks! All this talk of snow is making me wish for a white christmas. I'm not keeping my hopes up as my Mom lives in the one tiny valley of Oregon that doesnt get lots of snow. Oh well!! This morning it's a spinach omelette...or mock oatmeal...not sure yet! Have a beachy day everyone!
Old 12-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #11  
Who needs sleep?

Hello, chickadees!

I'm planning on Christmas shopping for my mother today. She and I are shopping tomorrow, but it would be awkward trying to get her present while she with me! (Gee, mom, can you turn around and close your eyes for, oh, 15 minutes or so?) Tonight I'm planning on making a double batch of either Taco Bake or White Bean Chicken Chili (mama's choice) and warming leftovers for lunch - that way we can come home midday, kick our shoes off for a few minutes, change DS if needed (he has this thing about being changed on one of those restroom changing stations - he screams and carries on like he's being violently murdered!), drop off packages, and refuel at Chez Heather. I've invited my MIL and SIL over for lunch Sunday to discuss Christmas plans and visit with DS - DH's family are almost all smokers, and since I have pretty bad asthma and sinuses, we can't go over there to visit at all (they have to de-smoke before coming here, even, or I get an asthma/sinus attack that can last a few days). Therefore, they don't see nearly as much of DS as they'd like (I keep telling DH that I feel badly, but not too badly - they *could* quit smoking, whereas I *have* to breathe).

Oh, and I'm down 4 of the 10 lbs I'd regained during the quarter!

Have a good day, everybody!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:19 PM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Good afternoon everyone!! I'm trying to get the laundry tackled today! Then I'm dropping off presents for the adopted family & visiting the bf's grandmother & great aunt....who smoke. So I'll be smelling like a rose after that visit!
Ruthie - be careful!! YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE RESTING!!!!! You get more things done in a day than I do all week!
Schatzi - you were up early & busy busy.....you're a Ruth Jr. today!
Barb & Heather - hello!
Djett - I've fallen off the excerise wave as well. Maybe I'll squeeze some in today!
Tammy - I'm sure bro will be ok....you're such a great sister!
Cottage - we have yucky weather as well....and I found out last night the hard way that my new fashionable boots are NOT water proof!
bb - me too, I have to make some things for work tomorrow....with what time I don't know!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #13  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! I hope you're keeping warm! It's a grey day here in FL, not really chilly at all. I wish we could have some "real" weather for next weekend!

Last night my husband went to help some friends move and I ended up spending some time with my mother. The guys got a lot moved while I was still in school so my services weren't needed! But, husband and his friends ordered AND he brought home half a pie and put it in our fridge!!! I am going to have to force myself to stay away.

Relaxing weekend ahead. We're going out to eat with some friends tonight, and tomorrow I'm going to a Christmas party In the middle of this weekend's festivities I must get some laundry done!

Have to get back to work now, but I hope all of you have a great weekend!!!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #14  

CRK!! NO NO Not pizza!!! DANG YUM! Take yer slices out and spray it with 409 spray!!! NOW STAT!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #15  

HI ladies!!
Ruth Honey, you behave!!! or else!! DH put my snow tires on yesterday.

HUGS!!!
Closed Thread