Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #1  
Melissa

Talking Time to Thrive on Core Board 35!

It's time for some clean pages to write on!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Now ... what to say??
Old 12-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #3  

Oh hey, how about this??? It's RAINING!! We need it so much!

I'm watching House, while playing solitaire on Gamesville, while cleaning up the kitchen, while talking to little DD ... who is going to work at midnight until 7 a.m. so she can hang new shelf tags for the store ad that starts tomorrow.

And I'm wishing I were asleep, but if I go to bed now I'll be up at 4 a.m.!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #4  
Melissa

Yeah, we have been awful quiet. I guess I don't have anything valuable to say.
DH is done with his guitar lesson now, so I suppose we'll be hanging out for awhile, and then to bed!!
I've been on the SF website counting calories. Boy is that a change to get used to. I eat way too much.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 PM   #5  

That's what Judd said too! His 1900 calories didn't go far at first, but now I think he's used to it. He fills up on water, and now he's in his little snack routine of hummus and crackers, or raisins/peanuts, graham crackers/banana ... and of course he loves the dinners. He has even made a few of them, and that's saying a lot since he doesn't cook! I think feeling better immediately (plus seeing some results fairly quickly) has kept him motivated.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:44 PM   #6  
Kim

I watched House too. I love that show.

Patti-I love your idea of switching things up weekly. I might try that in January.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #7  

Good morning all! It's snowing, it's snowing! And school is cancelled! Woo hoo! I know it seems silly, but I have more free time with all the kiddos home from school. No driving them around and making lunches and packing things up etc. I've got muffins in the oven for them, and they're planning a snowman run later in the day. I'm thinking we have over a foot of snow on the ground now - probably a lot more actually, and we could get up to 8" today and tomorrow. It's weird - last year we only had gotten a dusting by Christmas.

As far as my eating, it's not been all Core, but I have been cutting out the snacking and portion size issues. So, I'm slowly crawling my way back to Core, and am maintaining again instead of gaining. Soon I'll get to losing again, and get back down another 2 pounds or so, to my comfortable spot. Maintenance, it's crazy I tell ya.

I'm going to do laundry, dishes and house cleaning today, and I'll probably spend some time taking pictures of the kids & the snow.

I'm surprised about the Matt & Suzie news. I didn't see it coming. I hope they can strengthen each other, and that they're both happy.

Later!
Angela
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! We were supposed to get a ton of snow today but it looks like it might miss the Chicago area and go North of us into Wisconsin. I was all prepared for it too!

Angela, I'm always happy to hear that you are doing well. I NEED to hear that maintenance is possible! I know it will be hard and I can't wait to get there.

Well, I need to go eat breakfast and see if I have everything I need to make my tamale pie for lunch. Then back to those packages! I think I'll decorate them today until it's time for me to go shopping with my Niece to my favorite store Catherine's. I keep coming out with tops from last year that Jim keeps telling me to put in the donation bag because they are too big. It's fun but I wish I was still making progress.

Talk to you all later.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

I'll endorse the idea of switching it up occasionally. I guess that's what I'm doing now by switching to WW Flex Points for a few weeks. It helps avoid the monotony of the same thing week after week after week. I think that a SF week occasionally makes sense, too. I'll probably try that if and when I plateau out.

At my WW meeting yesterday, there were only about a third of the number of people there compared to my first meeting in early November. I guess folks are dropping like flies with the holiday. Let's all hang in there!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 AM   #10  

That's pretty funny, Danny -- especially considering they'll be coming back in droves after Jan. 1! Everybody will be dusting off their New Years' resolutions! Thank goodness WE all have sense to stay mostly on plan during the holidays!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 PM   #11  
Melissa

Hey everyone! We've been very busy today so I am just popping in to say hello and try to keep up! My eating has been op today and pretty good. I found a new flavor of SF bar that is great...Caramel Crunch or something like that. It tastes like a candy bar. I am still eating more than the plan prescribes but I don't care, as I am kind of Coreing it as well. I'm just trying to stay with healthy foods and go from there.

Vickie, tamale pie sounds good! And getting rid of clothes is exciting. I think it's great how Jim really pushes you.

Kathy, Aaron is like Judd. He could eat the same exact stuff everyday and be fine. Not me. I have to mix things up. I'm hoping that we will have some good results as well!

Angela, have fun with your snow day. : It sounds like so much fun!

Danny, I don't know about you, but for me it is an accomplishment to be watching what I eat before the holidays instead of after! We're doing great!

Kim, I thought Patti's idea was good too.

OK sorry if I missed anyone but I've got to get back to work!!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #12  

Hey Melissa, next time you buy meal bars, try the chewy granola peanut butter kind. They taste like a PB rice krispy treat with a coating of chocolate on bottom. I would eat 3-4 of them at once, if it weren't for their little warning: "Excess consumption may have a laxative effect."

Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #13  

Oh and for the snack bars, the peanut butter crunch ... I SWEAR ... tastes exactly like a butterfinger. I was eating those before he started the SF thing. See? It's tolerable if you think you're eating naughty stuff!!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #14  
Melissa

Kathy, I have had both of those before (when we did a stint on SF years ago) and you're right, they are very good. I bought some of the granola bars but not the snack bars. They are dangerously tasty!!
And maybe that little disclaimor is why my tummy is rumbly....
Old 12-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've always enjoyed the bars. But, I'm just going to keep plugging away here on Core. I'm sad that I don't feel like exercising because I know I'd be losing if I could. I'm pressuring the Urologist. He won't be back in the office until tomorrow afternoon. So probably no answers until Friday. No antibiotics though. All Nurse would offer is a higher dose of the Enablex or to refer me to the Urogynecoligist. Never knew that there was such a thing.

Back to my cooking and bows. Hope you are all well.
Closed Thread