Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ Thin Wannabees Chit Chat #9 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 12-13-2005, 04:01 PM   #2  
CJ

OK - chat away! For those of you that have been "missing" for a spell please check out chit chat #8 to catch up.

Be back later...
Love, CJ
Old 12-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

Well i'm still here...not quite at the 182 that I plateau'd at but close 178. I have discovered that my thyroid function is off so I am on more meds for that now, that should help. I have discussed my dieting (changing life eating habits) with my dr also and he said I am doing well. I am only loosing a couple pounds per month now, which is pretty much ok since there isnt much I can do about it as long as it is a loss I will not cry too much...lol
I am done christmas shopping and ready for the "big day". Hope everyone else is ready also.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #4  
wannaBaloser

The Thin Group
I would love to join up with your group. All the time I have wandered around this site I have not found a place to fit in. I am working out every day according to what some decrepit joints will allow and sticking ....fairly well to a low calorie and high fiber diet. ( the fiber is to pull down triglycerides that are too high) I am down ....18 or 20 lbs. I keep 'playing' with two lbs, up, down up down. Hope I will fit in with your group.

O2BN...Breck

every bite shows
a slip of my lip puts a pound on my hip

wannaBaloser
Old 12-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #5  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi everyone,
I am here, have just been busy and been meaning to sit down and post so here I am. Just had to decide to sit my butt on the chair at the computer and do it.

Gosh this is wonderful with all our newbies we now have. I love it so much.

sweet tooth-Hi there, I sure missed you and am glad you are back again. I know how you feel about getting it together when your Mom died. When my Mom died, I felt so very lost. It sounds like you have a good handle on your weight and I am sure you did not gain too much, you are so good at getting back to where you were. Come January you will be looking so wonderful in that dress for the wedding.

CJ-Sorry about your computer virus, that really makes things hard when that happens. That has happened to us quite a few times, we lose everything and Ken plays heck trying to fix things as best he can.

Mel/Allensmom-Hi and a big warm welcome to our great group. You son is a real cutie. I too have a son names Alan, spelled differently, but mine is all grown up, 22 and in the Air Force, stationed in California. I have 4 kids, 2 girls and 2 boys. Alan is our youngest. Happy 1st wedding Anniversary, today is our 30th. Don't worry about what you ate, it was a special occasion, but anytime is a special occasion for me when it involves food. How did your cookie exchange go? Great job on the weight loss too.

Sylvia-Hey therer girlfriend, long time no see. So you are going to join Weight Watchers? That is great we can be WW buddies. I love that program, it is so easy and can be a lifestyle change I can live with. I hear you on the no time during the holidays, I have not done too much, I am NEVER ready for the holidays that's for sure. Give that cute little Nico a big kiss for me.

Gonnaloseitagain-Gosh Dee, I sure hope those meds help you and you have much more energy. Don't ever give up on your weight loss, you have the perfect frame of mind to get where you want to be. You losing, no matter if slow or fast, you will still get to where you want to go I just know it.

teahoney/Tracey-Way to go on the 5 lbs lost, I'll bet you are feeling fabulous and look it too. You are doing so well. Hope your daughter is doing much better and that cold is a thing of the past.

brandy-I too go to Curves every change I get, I love going there, I feel so great when I leave there, like I have accomplished something positive. I sure hope you feel better by now, it is no fun trying to do your exercise when you are coughing you head off. How have things been going with your daughter? I went throught that with my 2, now both in their late 20's, yes daughters are fun, but we sure do love them don't we? We now have such a wonderful relationship, believe me it will get better and change with time.

gonnabe150/Stacie-Oh so sorry about your sinus, I get that way sometimes and it is sure no fun feeling like that. I guess quite a few of us are getting sick. I guess it is the time of season, but darn it all, WHY!!!!!

Alison/Mazarin-How are you doing? Hanging in there like I am trying to do? Your holiday in Sweden sounds like you had a great time. I went online and looked at your pictures, they looked great. What beautiful sights to behold. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. You are a really cute lady I thought. It was great to see your picture.

wannaBloser-Hi and welcome to our group, we would love to have you in our great group. You will fit right in with us, you found your home. Great job losing that weight so far. Keep up the girl work, we will be there for you to help motivate, support and encourage you to get where you want to be.

Well guys, better get off here and post this finally. Today was Ken and my 30th anniversary, didn't celebrate yet, but Ken and I are going to Tennessee on Friday for 4 days. We are going to Gatlinburg, maybe Knoxville and Nashville as well and play things by ear as to where we go and what we do. I can't wait for our getaway, I am getting excited.

Love you guys, Sharon
Old 12-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Good morning everyone

Sharon - HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY!!!! Hope you have a great time in Tennessee!

My sinus's are starting to clear up, but it's in my chest again as well. It's totally insane - Friday will be exactly 3 weeks since it started! I've seen quite a few posts from people who've had the same thing & their Dr's have told them it may run at least 14+ days. Guess it's the bug of the season?

WannaB - - Sounds like you're already quite the "loser" . Congrats on your loss so far & looking forward to getting to know you.

Gonnaloseitagain - hope those pills help your thyroid function. Slow & easy wins the race right? Keep up what you're doing, it's obviously working great for you!!

CJ - hope you get that 'puter of yours fixed once & for all. Thank goodness you've got a spare tho!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!
Stacie
Old 12-14-2005, 10:08 AM   #7  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi all. Yesterday I spent the entire day in the doctor's office just for them to tell me to keep doing what I've been doing and let the virus run its course. My main concern is that she has had a high fever for six days straight and I was afraid it was pneumonia. I checked her little forehead this morning while she was still sleeping and she didn't feel warm so I hope that's the end of it.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #8  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Just a quickie and then I have to get busy ... Even tho my shopping is done and the gifts are all wrapped I still have out-of-state gifts to get out today so they get there in time! And .... I've been messing around with this stupid computer I don't have my cards sent out yet so that is going to get done TODAY! My hubby keeps telling me to just go buy a new computer ... I just may take him up on that ... sounds good anyway.

Sharon:
Well, so glad to hear from you! I figured you were just busy but you're right, you just have to sit yourself down at the computer and POST! I have meant to email you but with all the computer troubles I didn't want to send any emails out until I solved my problem ... and then, I didn't remember your new addy and only had the old one on my windows98 computer (my old faithful that I'm using now) ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND KEN! Sounds like a wonderful getaway you two have planned. I know you'll have fun! We are going downstate early Christmas Eve morning and coming back late Christmas night ... have to see those grandkids! Hopefull we can chit chat on the phone before Xmas .... ???????? ... would be great.

WannaB:
Welcome to our group - I'm sure you will fit right in - glad to have you with us. You've already done so well - keep up the good work and post with us often so we can get to know you better.

Teahoney:
Hope your daughter is feeling better now. It's not fun when your child is sick.

GonnaBe:
I'm right there with you about that yucky flu and sinus problems! Maybe by Christmas we'll be done with it! Feel better! I will get my computer fixed one way or another - even if I have to do what hubby wants me to do - buy a new one! LOL ... but yes, thank heaven for my old stand-by here .. it may be slower and a bit outdated, but it's my old faithful!

Well ... am off to do my cards!

Later....
Love, CJ
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #9  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Well today I went to my WW meeting and only had a small gain of .6 lbs, so not too very bad considering I went to Ken's car club Christmas party and featuring lasagna. I did get into the no bake chocolate cookies though and have a few as well as one Sminoff watermelon wine cooler type drink. But hey tis the season I guess. Now if I can just get though hubby and myself's Anniversary weekend in Tennessee things will be good.

CJ-Come one, why fight it, just do as Dick says and get the new computer. Makes life much easier I think. Yes, we must chit chat before Christmas, let's do that. Because once Christmas hits and the Air Force kids, Tracy and Alan starting coming for the holidays I will be going going going with them all.

teahoney-Hey Tracey, I am glad that your daughter is on her way to being all better, that is a good sign when they no longer have a fever and no pneumonia, so that is great.

Well everyone else get in here, Clau where are you too? Come on and post with us. We all miss you.

Love, Sassy Sharon
Old 12-15-2005, 08:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Good morning all

Sharon - that watermelon drink sounds heavenly (even tho it's before 7am LOL). Good for you maintaining - it's nice to be able to endulge once in a while and not worry that it's going to totally destroy all your hard work!

CJ - hope you feel better too! What-chya waitin' for girl - grab that offer and get a new computer . I would LOVE to have a new system! Holy cow - I totally forgot my Christmas cards - thanks for the reminder.

Tea - hope your daughter is feeling better! It's scary when they have a fever last so long (BTDT).

Have a great day everyone!

(note to self: must do cards today )
Old 12-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #11  

Unhappy Good Morning

HI ALL I HAVE BEEN SO BAD THIS WEEK. EATING THE WRONG THINGS NOT EXCERCISING I THINK I HAVE LOST MY MIND SOME WHERE HAS ANYONE SEEN IT AROUND. IVE GOT TO GET BACK TO BEING GOOD TO MY BODY HELP SOME WORDS OF WISDOM PLEASE. I HAVE STARTED FEELING A LITLLE BETTER I SLEPT FOR 12 HOURS YESTERDAY SO AT LEAST I AM AWAKE TODAY. WE HAVE AN IMPORTANT VISITOR COMING TO WORK TO DAY I HAVE TO MIND MY P'S AND Q'S....LOL I HOPE EVERYONE IS STARTING TO FEEL BETTER AND ARE ON TRACK UNLIKE MY SELF LOL. GOTTA GO FOR NOW CATCH YOU AFTER LUNCH IM GONNA BE GOOD IM GONNA BE GOOD.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:30 AM   #12  

Howdy ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm popping in for a quick hello. I haven't made it to WW as I was going to go to day but Nico and I are still sick (thanks to my hubby who got sick as well). I'll go next week for sure. I haven't really been doing much lately, other than running everyone else's errands and getting ready for the holidays. I guess the motivation just isn't there so that's why I'm going to WW.

CJ- Well, since it hasn't been done ... BRAT, BRAT, BRAT! Could you e-mail (or send me a private message) with your new address? I have a Christmas card with your name on it but don't know where to send it.

Sharon- Well hello my friend! I'm glad to hear that you and your family are doing well. I'm siging up for WW next Thursday. Of course we can be WW buddies! I also have a Christmas card with your name on it. Could you e-mail me your address and Chrissy's address as well?

Has anyone heard from Peggy? I'm worried about her.

A big welcome to all the newbies!

Hugs to you all!

Sylvia
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #13  

Hello people just checking in to wish you all a Happy Christmas! and best wishes for the season!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 PM   #14  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi everyone. I'm just checking in before I feed the little one. I didn't weigh myself yesterday. I am on my period and it just doesn't make sense to. I wound up getting sick once my daughter was all better, isn't that how it always goes??? Trade one sick person for another. I haven't exercised since Wednesday so after I feed my daughter and have a bite to eat myself, I'll be popping in my Bootcamp tape.

Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 12-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #15  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

WOW! I've been MIA for a while! SOOOO busy! And mad at myself b/c I gained 1/2 a pound. I know, I know, that's no big deal. I got 3 free lunches in a row from yummy places and hey, they were free! So we're back on track now!
I was also bad and went out for drinks 2 nights in a row. Beer makes my tummy hurt so bad! Yuck! I was miserable after that!
I took the boys (DH and Allen) mall walking today, but the mall was crazy so we only walked for an hour.
I had to drop my wedding ring off while we were there b/c it fell into a candle last night and was covered in apple scented wax!
So sounds like everybody else is just as busy as we are here!
OOOH! I'm so excited! DH's parents are buying us plane tickets and a hotel room to go visit them in AZ for a week in January! Yay!
Closed Thread