Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #1  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Default The 'Nice things people have said' thread.

Somewhere I read that you should put the nice comments that people make to you in the back of your journal. Well, I don't have a journal so I thought it would be fun to read all of the nice things people have said to everyone.

A few things stick out in my memory,

#1 I was at a store and said hello to a patient I hadn't seen in a long time, she told me she didn't hardly recognize me because of my weight loss

#2 at the grocery store the checker asked me how I 'lost all that weight'. I told her I was living low carb and told said "Thank you for noticing" and smiled and she said "How could anyone NOT notice!".

#3 Several people were super nice to me at work and one person who NEVER talks to me actually walked up to me, smiled and said hello for the first time in the 7+ years that I've been working there. I didn't even say hello back cause I was so stunned

#4 a neighbor down the road stopped in the middle of the road when I was walking the other day and said "You're gonna waste away!!".

Ok, hope that didn't sound like bragging. After being called names all my life it just feels so odd to have nice things being said.

So what compliments have you received lately??

bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

It doesnt sound like bragging at all!! It's always a nice boost to the ego when you're complimented like that. Makes staying on course a bit easier.

When I first start loosing weight, I get a glow, and folks dont notice the weightloss so much until I start wearing fitted clothing. Which wont be until it warms up (I like my warm fleece and sweaters)

1. A friend of my husbands (very pretty lady who always comes across as a bit of a snob) took one look at me and blurted out "you look beautiful" I think she surprised herself more than she surprised me (and I was VERY surprised)

2. Same day as above.....I was standing at the cingular booth in the mall, and this lady (I havent a clue who she was) told the clerk that I was beautiful, and they should take a picture of me for their picture phones. Thankgod it wasnt a man who made the comment, dh would have had a fit!

Beautiful is NOT how I was feeling that day. But sometimes, I guess I glow better than other times. My impression of myself is not what these woman said to me, but it certainly made me feel pretty. Every little bit helps when your trying your best to better your lifestyle.

This gave me an idea Lacey.....Im going to see how long it takes for someone to notice Ive lost weight....actually mentions weight, not my appearance.

I'll change into my 16 jeans in probably another week, but I'll still wear my warm sweaters overtop.....so it wont be noticed much, if at all. Hmmmm
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Nice things someone has said to me lately:

Your kidding! You don't look like you weigh that much!! Your scale must be wrong
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I would have to say something nice that has been said to me lately would be from my dad. My DH, DD and I just moved back to Iowa from Vermont and it has been almost 6 years since he has seen me. And he told me it looked like I had lost weight. Wow.. that really made me feel good that they would notice. I thought I pretty much looked the same since leaving, but I'll take it. It's nice to get a compliment from time to time.
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:04 PM   #5  

My new "friend" (how long before I could/should call him my boyfriend? And is that what I would call him when we are 46 & 50??? lol) told me last evening that I am a beautiful person inside AND outside! Let me tell ya, that was a MAJOR boost to me and directly points me in the path of the LC wagon! Catch me - I'm going to jump on!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Caughtcha!!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:35 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

I asked hubby tonight if he's noticed any more weightloss, because I sure havent. He said...."you know yesterday when I gave you that big hug? You were a whole lot closer, and had alot less *** to grab!" I'll take it.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #8  
250/ticker/160

that's most definitely a compliment, ecspecially coming from a man!!
Old 12-15-2005, 02:41 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Oh my! I think I'd like that for a compliment....nope, no thinking about it, I KNOW I'd like to hear that. lol
Old 12-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

I have a new one...this is exciting

Dh was standing right next to me, and didnt see it (thank god!!)

It wasnt said, it was the gesture.....I got some handsome eyebrows wraggled at me! It was too cool!!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #11  
250/ticker/160

ewwwwww sweeet! Bet that made your day!!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #12  

'Handsome eyebrow wraggling'? SCORE! Way to go, Robin!!!! lol

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 08:05 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

Oh MAN I envy you!!! WTG!!! And DEFINITELY a good thing DH didn't see it
Old 12-31-2005, 03:53 PM   #14  
250/ticker/160

I got a note in the mail from one of my mail ladies who passes by me on my walks each morning.

It said "Keep walking, Lacey, you're doing great!"

This little note was exactly what I needed, it made my whole day and I'm gonna put it on my bulletin board
Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #15  
Lovin' Life

how sweet....and thoughtful of her!