South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cool Chilly Tuesday Chat on The Beach

Good morning! Please just pour my coffee over me! It is 18ºC/0ºF out there and there's a brilliant moon. I didn't turn down the furnace last night and it's really running trying to keep us warm. I guess winter is definitely here.

The snow cleared out yesterday morning and I did get to go to see Harry in the afternoon. Hershey came with me and I brought H. an ivy wreath in a pot. It was a bit of a struggle with the plant, the dog and my cane but we managed and I was glad we went.

This morning I drive to Kingston to get some periodontal stuff done, a rerun of stuff I got done several years ago! Yick! I guess it beats losing my teeth but.... At least it solves the food problem for today as I'll be plenty sore when the freezing wears off! No Chinese buffet when I'm there.

Have a good Tuesday and try to work in some personal time, you Busy Beachers!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

It's plenty cold here, Ruth, but you've definitely got me beat. Glad you got over to see Harry yesterday. How's he doing?

Didn't do as good yesterday as I'd planned. Was all set to have my vegetable soup when Dr. D came over with a HUGE and I mean GIANT bag (probably 5# or more) of pistachios. If they'd been sealed in plastic, I'd have been able to resist...but there they were, all nice and roasted and salty...so I had pistachios for lunch instead of soup.

Came home and dh was feeling sick. I think he got some sort of food poisoning from a fountain drink he'd gotten at a gas station. I made some chicken soup (with lots of celery, onion and garlic) and had a bowl of that with him instead of the yakisoba.

Today, those pistachios are going into my car straight away, so I won't be tempted!

Got to go find some breakfast. I'm still not doing real well with eggs for some reason, so I'll have to stick with hot cereals for now.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth. Just a quickie for now, I'll check in after Curves!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:51 AM   #4  

Brrrrrrrr.... It's 30 here... A downright heat wave compared to you Canucks!!!

Ruth: I hope all goes well with your perio visit... I use to be a Perio assistant years and eons ago... I luved it!!!!! Currettes, Rongeurs, SUCTION!!! I learned to brush my teeth with baking soda and hydrogen perioxide...still do to this day...! Stay warm dahlink!

Mama: Oh LORDY that bag would have been gone! Pistachios is a BIG weakness for me! I hope DH feels better soon.

Cottage: I just got back from the gym... The attendant at the front door was half asleep soooo once again I got to keep my 1 visit coupon...I'm sure they'll catch up with me soon... We did Upper body workout today... and a quick mile to warm up on the treadmill

I finished more crafts yesterday.. Had a pot of cinnamon spice simmering, put Xmas music on and the lights. . it was one of those wonderful days! Today I must concentrate on a needlepoint sampler... If it's not done today.. I will have to save it for another occassion for my "nephew".

OK CAWFEE and CROSSWORD PUZZLE AWAIT!!! Have a Happy Day!!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #5  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Just a quick early note for me. My weight is still holding at the 3 pound whoosh. I'm hoping for maybe a pound or two more when TOM ends.

Ruth - Glad you were able to get out. Still snowy and coldy here too!

Mama - My X says gas station pop machine lines are the worst!!!! He is under the assumption that they never get cleaned! Your poor hubby.

I worked out last night and I have to again tonight!!!! Have a good day chicks.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Schatzi you sneak!

You snuck in while I was posting! GOOD MORNING and pour me a cup of Java too!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Going out to The Mall and get some Chrstmas Shopping done. This afternoon its time for the decortations to be brought up from the basement as this long poweroutage weekend it was impossible to do.

Ruth-We're in the teens this morning.Try to keep warm. We had a gas insert insulted just for that reason. The old furnace just couldn't get the heat up fast enough,now the insert takes over and heats the house in no time.

Mamacita-Pistashos they my favorite.Its a good thing that the SB only aloows 30 in one sitting.Other wise I eat the whole bag myself. Sorry your DH is not feeling well,I NEVER drink water from a public fountain,these days you never know what you can pick up.

Schatzi-From your post you must love this season more than others,along with being talented making all kinds of crafts. Great that you enjoyed your wonderful day.

Anchor-Big Congrat on your 3 pound whoose.Crossing my fingers that you'll lose more.

Hugs BB
Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning everyone!

Ruth - stay warm! I hope all goes well at the perio visit!

Mamacita - so sorry to hear that your husband got sick! I hope that he feels better soon!

Cottage - hope you have a great workout!

Schatzi - ooooooh, cinnamon spice simmering? That is seriously one of my favorite aromas in the world. Gets me in the Christmas spirit every time!

Amy - hi! I'm glad you had a good workout, and I hope you have another wonderful day!

beach bum - have fun with the shopping and decorating today!

As for me, it's another chilly (but probably tropical compared to a lot of these reports) day! I get to wear my coat, and I'm so happy about that! I only get to pull it out of the closet a few times a year. I also tried on a pair of my smaller jeans (one size smaller than my "big" jeans) and THEY FIT! I'm so happy! I have a semi-busy day coming up. Yesterday I finished my law school personal statement and I'm going to re-read it and edit it a bit today. Maybe I'll have the finished product by the end of the day? I also am going to a women's group I participate in at school, and then some grocery shopping (oh, fun). I have to go now, but I hope you all have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Just a quick drive-by from me for now - DS woke up at about 4:30 this am, highly unusual as he normally will sleep til 8 or 9 - I assume it's the teething that's responsible for this!

We're starting ph1 over today, except that DH has some kind of in-office training or something or other today, and they're bringing sammiches in. I told him it's okay, go ahead - but no fruit or chips or anything with it! And I sent him a bunch of veggies, a container of hummus, some assorted olives, and a couple string cheese so he won't be tempted.

I think the hardest thing for me will be getting back to drinking the water - I really fell out of the habit during the quarter, as I was drinking more caffeinated bevvies to keep me awake for all the hw I had to finish.

I'm going to make chicken stock this morning and then use it to make Mamacita's mmm-mmmmm good! Veggie Soup this afternoon. Tonight we'll have a bowl of it for starters while the salmon bakes! Hopefully DS will eat some - he loves the soup (I give him the broth in a sippy cup and chop up the vegs and give them to him in a bowl and he usually gobbles them both right up) and salmon both, but he's so fussy right now, with his sore gums. Poor boy! I think he's starting to get better though. He didn't seem quite so fussy and sore yesterday as the day before. Also, he slept through the night last night and didn't need any Tylenol - the first time he's slept through the night in a couple weeks.

Okay, so this wasn't such a quick post as I'd intended - but DS is snuggled down with his fave blankie on the sofa with his feet on my lap, so nice and quiet and cuddly, that I thought I'd take the opportunity for a little longer post!

Ruth - keep warm! Hope your gums feel better soon!

Mamacita - mmm! Pistachios! And thanks yet again for sharing that soup recipe - it's a favorite in my family now! Hope your DH feels better soon - I would never have guessed you could get food poisoning from soda!

Schatzi - where do you find the time??? Do you have custom-ordered days with more hours in them? If so, where can I get some?

BB - I still have a lot of shopping to do myself! I have a shopping date with my mum next Saturday, but I'll have to get her and DS's presents some other time (when DS isn't with me)! I'm hoping to have cleaned the house sufficiently to get our tree either this Sunday or next Tuesday (DH's days off). Good luck with the shopping and have fun!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #10  
Who needs sleep?

Christina - just missed you! Congrats on the nsv and getting the statement done!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #11  

Now that I got my workout in today, I feel better. I skipped it yesterday, I just had too much to get done, and almost didn't go today either, but after reading Ruth's post about working in some personal time, I decided to go. I can't believe how busy my days are! How did I get into all of this, anyway? Even weekends are filled with "must do's". All I want for Christmas this year is 2 days with absolutely nothing, no demands, nothing that I have to do. I want to stay in my PJ's all day, read and snooze, sip hot tea, and have meals served to me. That sounds heavenly!

Back to reality, I'm 98% finished with my shopping! I took the girls with me yesterday to the mall, and bribed them into being good while I shopped by promising them they could visit Santa and get some ice cream when I was done. They were both little angels, and that trip was a big success. This afternoon we're going to attempt to bake gingerbread men. That should be a lot of fun.

I'm thinking either Meatball Casserole or Taco Bake for supper. I tried the Taco Bake once before, and we weren't too crazy about it, but after hearing the rest of you gals rave over it, I want to try it once more. Maybe I didn't make it right or something.

I have 2 loads of laundry to fold and a pile of presents that need wrapping, then it'll be time to leave for work.

Ruth ~ Glad you had a nice visit with Harry. That was thoughtful of you to bring him the ivy wreath. Be careful driving on those icy roads!

Mamacita ~ Yum, pistacios!

Schatzi ~ Your day sounds so cozy and relaxing. I'm glad you're enjoying your "tween jobs" time off. You think 30* is cold, it was 16* when I got up, and now it's warmed up to 23*. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anchor Weight ~ You seem to be really on track again, congrats!

BB ~ Have fun decorating! I'm glad all mine is finished!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:21 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Ok. girls..I have good and bad news...Which would you prefer first?
Good news is: I got my new puppy last night and he is absolutely adorable
Bad news is: I was diagnosed with cervical cancer on Friday...needless to say I am a bit freaked out.... I need some special prayer & happy thoughts..please!!!
On the SBD front, I have been doing pretty good..but can honestly say, have not been thinking about it too much since Friday!! I guess I have been a bit consumed.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!!!
I have to take something for a brunch in my Sunday School class on Sunday. Someone is bringing an egg casserole, and someone else is bringing fruit. What should I bring that would be SBD friendly???
Old 12-13-2005, 09:22 AM   #13  

Christina and Heather, we were all posting at the same time! Good morning to you, too!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:24 AM   #14  
Kyemom

I forgot to say Hi to everyone....Sorry...so self consumed!!!
Kathy
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #15  

Hello, ladies! It sounds all is going well for everyone this Tuesday morning. I had a nsv (Thanks, Heather!) For the first time in two months, I actually got up in enough time to workout! I know!!!!! I have to been in the office by 7, which means that any workouts I do in the a.m. are around 5-ish. In an effort to boost that metabolism, I got up at 5:30 a.m. and did a 19-minute "fat eliminator" cardio workout on OnDemand! Kind I just tell you how out of shape I am in, but I did most of it, except for a 1 minute segment that was jumping jacks (I figured my downstairs neighbors would not appreciate that). Anyway, wish me luck on keeping this up. Frankly, I feel really good!

Tonight is part 3 of the Apt. Re-organize, on to the bedroom. Last night worked out pretty well.

I was wondering if someone could give me feedback on MP3 players. I trashed my personal CD player last night and am considering moving into the 21st century. I'm looking for something that doesn't cost a lot, is easy to use and maybe also has FM radio. Without music, the gym is unbearable and I'd prefer to go ahead and buy the MP3, than spend $$$ on another bulky CD player.

Last night, I made a creamed spinach recipe from the Food Network's Calorie Commando Juan Carlos, it turned into cream spinach soup and was actually pretty good. I added a sprinkle of an Italian cheese blend and had that with dinner. I brought it for a snack today. A great, warm way to get veggies in!

Well, that's enough for me.
Closed Thread