Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Save more $$$ when shopping at Walmart

Walmart will honor competitors sales. Instead of running around to different stores to pick up their sale items I bring the sale ads to Walmart.

EVERY time I check out at Walmart people seem shocked to discover that Walmart will sell items at competitors sale prices!

So, I wanted to spread the word and hopefully save $$$ for some people!

It has saved me TONS of $$$$. You have to be careful about finding the same product , same size as advertised. They will match prices on produce and meat as well.

It can be confusing if you have several sale papers at the checkout. You have to show the cashier the front page of the ad with the current date. then show them the price on the sale item and they will honor it.

I usually circle the items I plan to purchase to make it easier to find to show to the cashier. I also make a list with notations on sale items. I put the item, where it is on sale and the page # of the sale ad. It makes it much faster at the checkout line.

It takes just a few minutes and saves me tons of $$$. It also, sometimes saves the person in line behind me. I'll give them the sales papers if I notice they have items on sale! That is a really good feeling........to pay even LOWER prices than Walmart!!!!

I hope this helps someone out there save some $$$$$$!!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 01:07 PM   #2  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Awesome.Thanks!
snapplegirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #3  
Movin on down the scale

I knew about that..but get this...I got a new shaver for Dh for christmas...one that CLEANS itself...well I got it at Target, then went to Wal-Mart to finish shopping...It was $30 cheaper at Wal-Mart...so I bought it again, then ran back into Target to take the first one I bought back...I 4 block drive and 20 min saved me $30..woohoo...I knew I liked Wal Mart for a reason
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:06 PM   #4  

ok...question about this. I went to Walmart in like August or something -and that week Albertson's had lean pockets on sale like 6 packs for 9 bucks- a REALLY good price! So of course, i figure i needed to go walmart anyways, so i just brought the ads with me so i could price match it. So i finish my shopping, hit the checkout, and right off the bat the woman's rude to me. Then, im like "hold on ive got an ad"- so i whip it out, and she's like "oh no, we can't do this because this is "how much you save WITH the card" we can't honor this."

Sooo........is what she said the truth? or was she just lying???
xostephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #5  

My Walmart has always honored without a card. Mine actually honors without a circular. I just say "meijers has pepsi on sale for $4.96" (I don't say and yours is a riduculous $7.28 because that would be rude *smile) and they give it to me everytime. I think it depends on your check out person.

By the way, Walmart will also honor their own sales. My friend bought a pool there and 2 weeks later it went on sale. She took in her receipt and they gave her $30.00 back! Just another thing to keep in mind.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

probabally. the reason they have those cards is to track spending and food trends. they give you the "discount" for essentially participating in a survey without taking your time. it would seem reasonable that walmart wouldnt honor another stores club card price, because thats not really a sale price.
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote