Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 yr olds #70

Hi All,

The old thread was long so I thought I would start a new one. Usually when I do this someone else does too.

Can't believe that it has been so long since I was here. Been busy with lots of things. Last weekend was our WW weekend in Brown County. It was lots of fun. We stopped at the outlet mall on the way in. Bought a bag full. Have to be careful how much I buy cause I am in a car with 3 others. Not much space. It was really cold and windy there. We went to the house and got settled in and had dinner. Take turns bringing it. That night we had a scavenger hunt. Have to brag that my team won. We all were creative with the items. If you didn't have it we sort of made it up. Ex-for Beano I took a lima bean and put in a paper and drew a circle around it. Sat we spent in town at all the cute little stores. They were sort of expecting an ice storm so after lunch we went back to the house and hoped that we wouldn't get stuck there. It didn't turn out to be much of anything. I bought one of those resin faces that you put on a tree. I am going to put it on the big oak out front.

When I came home there was a tree ready to be decorated. Dh and sons went somewhere and cut one down. It seems like it is way too early to be inside so it will probably be dropping lots of needles by Christmas. Last year I just used this little tiny one that I have. Now the thing is looking at me to decorate it. I only have the lights on it so far.

I managed to get out yesterday and spent the day shopping. Got a lot of it finished but still have lots to go. On my side of the family this year they decided not to draw names but to have one of those stealing gift things. I have to buy something for a woman and dh has to get one for a man. I am still trying to find the "perfect" thing. Thought I saw it a craft show the other day. A lady had knitted scarves that were gorgeous. She hand dyed the yarn and had hand dyed ribbons in it. They were really nice but went between $100-#150. The one I liked was the most expensive.

Grandson is getting really cute. He crawls all over the place and laughs and can say dada and occasionally mama. He is getting rounder rather than taller. He pulls himself up and wants to go. They will be busy childproofing their house. Did I ever say that they are not great housekeepers? They will lose him in the laundry.

Slavika hurray for the 100 days being behind you. I had the greatest laugh at the saga of the bathing suits and the celery dress. Good thing Trudy knows where the one suit came from. That was too funny.

Lily liked your site. You and Maria are the clever computer people.

Karen hope you are feeling better.

Gloria-my dh loves that Paula Dean. He and the dog watch her everyday. Would love to visit her place. She makes the best things and her sons are too bad to look at either. They like Giada or whatever her name is also.

Maria have you tried out the camper yet?

Hi Ann, Glenda and Trudy.

I am working today and my lady is coming early to pick up her painted things. It is supposed to snow and accumulate. Horrors-the city will be paralyzed later. You Canada gals would get a laugh at the people here when there is just a dusting of snow. They totally freak out.

See you all later,
Old 12-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Smile Hi all..

Peggy Nice to see you again. How old is your Grandson now? Once they start crawling, they can get into everything. Sounds like you have been busy. Those scarves are expensive, but I bet they are lovely. Anything hadmade is so nice to have. I think back to when I was a teenager, my Mother made all my clothes, even coats, and she knitted all the sweaters. I couldn't wait until I had my first part-time job so I could actually wear something bought. Now I think differently.

I am taking a break from wrapping gifts. By the time I sorted out the Christmas gifts from the Birthday gifts for my , and went through the "new baby" gifts to see what I would give for Christmas if he/she arrives early, I was pooped. I managed to do all the adult gifts, but will have to tackle the other ones when I rest up. My DH is expecting din dins tonight, he might have to make do with left-overs..

I have to tell you all about a doll that I bought earlier at Toys R Us for $49.99. Yesterday, there was an ad for SuperStore (big box store, not as good as Costco) and the Baby Anabelle doll was selling for $19.98. Of course I hustled over to Toys R Us for the price adjustment... $31.49. How can these stores charge such different prices? I can see a difference of a few dollars, but this was ridiculous.

We are baby-sitting tonight. I had better get a few more gifts wrapped. Bye for now..
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is such good News! So happy to hear it!

Peggy: Sounds like you had fun in Brown County.
That Scarf Sounds Beautiful! But that is a little much. Sure sounds pretty tho!

Trudy: That is a huge price difference. They did give you some money back I hope. Thats crazy to charge that big of a difference! I see difference all the time but not that huge!

Been a boring week during work. Keep forgetting my Laptop Off to watch some TV.
Closed Thread