Old 12-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Question 12/7 QOTD...Concerts you've been to?

What concerts have you gone to through out your life?

Starting from my first:
Boyz II Men w/ TLC & Montel Jordan in 7th grade! I was so stoked!

dcTalk, Jars of Clay (2 x's) & Plum as well as various other Christian bands, back when I was really into that kind of music in high school. Although I still think that Jars of Clay and dcTalk (as well as Plumb) has some really great music!

Lit w/ PhoenixTx & Save Ferris sometime in high school, a friend had an extra ticket. 311 was there too, but we left before they came on. I could kick myself now, then I didn't even know who they were.

N'sync w/ Jordan Knight. A friend MADE me go, I swear! Although it was really cool to see Jordan Knight because I was a HUGE New Kids On The Block fan back in grade school!

Brooks & Dunn w/ Rascall Flats & Brad Paisley. My sister's friend won tickets and took me and her, it was a great concert!!!

Avril Lavigne w/ Simple Plan & Gob. I went because my bro. sis. and 2 cousins wanted to go and they needed someone to take them. But I do like Avril, so I enjoyed it.

Dave Matthews Band. My fiance bought me tickets for my b-day last year. I always wanted to see Dave! The sad part is going to the concert totally ruined him for me! I would never go again! I still will listen to him sometimes, but it's just not the same!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:54 AM   #2  

Ok, let me think...mostly country but of course my first concert that I drug my mom to in the rain was...

New Kids on the Block with Tiffany. I WAS IN LOVE with Joey McIntyre

years later...

John Michael Montgomery
Faith Hill and shoot...someone else...she was not big then and was the opener
Chris ledoux
George Strait Country stars concert (it's an all day event with all kinds of artists...there were the Dixie Chicks, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Jo Dee Messina, Faith Hill and more that I can't remember)...we went two years running
Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney
a concert with Trace Adkins, Mark Chesnut and someone else (it was 10 years ago, ok??)
OK, I think that's it. it's really in no particular order. I'm sure there's others but I can't remember right now.

How about you ladies?

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:54 AM   #3  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default concerts

I've been to tons of "shows" but I'll only account for the concerts (in no particular order):

Celine Dion (7th grade ,) Jewel, No Doubt (twice), Green Day, Tool, Shadows Fall (3x's), Modest Mouse, Incubus (twice), Lauryn Hill, Alkaline Trio, Gwen Stefani, and Metallica. I am potentially leaving some out, oh well.

~jess~
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #4  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

I have only ever been to one concert - Red Hot Chili Peppers By The Way Tour in 2003 w/ the Mars Volta & Queens of the Stone Age. They didn't play Boston, so we had to drive down to Albany, NY. They're releasing a new album next spring and going on tour soon after, so I'm going to be seeing them again next year! Yay!

I plan on seeing Bruce Springsteen (w/ or w/o the E Street Band, preferably w/) the next time he tours. He/they are so great.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #5  
Egy Kis Lany

I saw Big Bad VooDoo Daddy in high school.

Styx / REO Speedwagon / Survivor. (!!)

Muse.

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL!!!
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #6  
Mikey's girl

OK my my my...
I have seen... Nelly,jessica simpson,X 2
um.. Justin timberlake and Christina agulara! MY FAV!
bare naked ladies
M&M ... I mean eminem X 2 & missy elliot 50 cent
You know there are 2 radio stations that every year they get like 8 bands/singers together and call it like "kringle jingle" or "summer heat wave" but I forgot all the other people in the band..
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Lockitup-I am so jealous-Boyz II Men are my favorite band of all time and I have never gotten to see them in concert, I still keep an eye out for one but I know it won't be the same without Michael.

I've seen Amy Grant-church group in high school
My husband and I have been to Country Stampede in Kansas so we got to see a bunch of artists at a time. I'll just name a few.
Oak Ridge Boys,
Dwight Yoakum
Brooks and Dunn, they were awesome
Lonestar
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #8  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Not many, but most recently I saw Alicia Keys, Missy Elliot and Beyonce and then Alicia Keys on her own.
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #9  

Oh nice question...here are the last ten i saw (again just concerts, i see a local show about umm twice a month)

1.) Korn, offsping, Hoopastank (some other bands in that show maybe Story of the year? Who I have seen, but i dont know with what show)
2.) Linkin Park with POD
3.) Chevelle
4.) Exies, Breaking Benjamin
5.) Chevelle, Velvet revolver, Jimmmy Eat World, Keene (who suck)
6.) Chevelle, Trust Company (umm can anyone see my recent Chevelle theme)
7.) Metallica
8.)Fall out Boy
9.) Mars Volta AND SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!!!!!!!!! (best concert I have ever been to)
10.) I am going to see Shinedown with Living Things next friday

some others in past years include, Tool, A Perfect Circle (i know, but it is a different band than Tool so it counts as two right?), Skindred, Slip Knot, Stone Sour, Silver Chair, Flaw, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, U2, REM,Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead and sad to say umm motely crew...and sigh creed...ugh i am so ashamed

Phsydom-I really like Muse...but i have not seen any activity from that band in a while...sad the music was actually pretty interesting
yume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Well, I went through a serious country phase in high school, so I think the majority of the concerts I have seen are country music. Now, I'm not that big of a fan, so if I went to a concert, it would be of a totally different genre -- either rap (JayZ, Eminem, 50 Cent) or pop (I'm not embarassed to admit it: Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, etc.).

I've seen: George Strait (four times), Faith Hill (twice?), Tim McGraw (twice?), Kenny Chesney (three times?), Lonestar (twice), Sawyer Brown (twice), Rick Trevino (twice), LeeAnn Womack, Alan Jackson, Clay Walker, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Bryan White (twice), Charley Pride, Roy Clark (Yes, the "Hee-Haw" guy), etc. (I think I'm forgetting some....)

Oh, and a few non-country acts in Branson, Mo., with my parents: Bobby Vinton, Andy Williams and Tony Orlando.

Oh, and some Christian bands with the youth group in high school: Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, etc.... I can't really remember too many of these since I never really was a fan -- it was just something to do!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #11  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

- the Rolling Stones (twice)
- James Taylor (twice)
- Jimmy Buffet (twice)
- The Eagles (reunion tour)

And from my mispent/highly embarrassing years as a teen in the 1980s:

- A-Ha
- Duran Duran
- The Police
- Madonna (back when she wore a lot of lace and stuff )
- Cyndi Lauper (YIKES!)
- Howard Jones (anyone remember him?!?)
- Janet Jackson

I think that's it.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:21 PM   #12  

First concert: New Kids on the Block and Tiffany (she had top billing)

I've been to tons of other shows including multiple shows by Barenaked Ladies, Dave Matthews Band, Garth Brooks, John Michael Montgomery, Jars of Clay (I saw them with Plumb too!), Tim McGraw, Clay Walker, Robert Earl Keen, and George Strait. I used to live in Austin, though, so we'd go out to see awesome live bands/singers almost every weekend.

One of my all-time favorite shows was Prince. I saw him a couple of years ago on the Musicology tour. That man knows how to perform!
Erin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #13  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

The Six Shooters...does anybody even remember them??
Jars of Clay
Various Christian music festivals with various artists
TwoBareFeet
Julian Drive
Sick Speed
Stuck Mojo

That's about it, not too many. Will be going to a Sugarland concert next month though...
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #14  
Egy Kis Lany

yume - MUSE was such an AMAZING show! I wasn't really familiar with them, but a stranger sent me a mix CD (I love them!) and it had a Muse song on it. When they came to town I thought I'd go... and then student tix were just $5 for a really close, small, sweet venue.

Great show.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #15  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I haven't been to many:

1. Anita Baker
2. Jill Scott and Carl Thomas
3. Kelis
4. Mya, Shaggy, Ludacris
5. Bryan McKnight
6. Gladys Knight and The Temptations