Old 12-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default Newbie saying hi

Hello,

My name is Shauna and for my 27th birthday I made an appointment with a dietician. I am at the highest weight of my life (232 pounds) and miserable.

3 years ago, I did Atkins and lost 60 pounds. Sadly the diet stopped working for my body and I put it all back on. This past January, I quit smoking after 15 years, this piled on the pounds too. Here I am now at 232 pounds and I am ready to fix this.

My dietician put me on an 1800 calorie a day diet, with structured eating at breakfast, lunch and snack. I can do as I please for dinner, as long as I dont top 1800 calories. I am using Fitday to track my eating...I also bought a used treadmill for my house. Ive been trying to get on it as much as possible (3x per week for 45 minutes). 180 pounds here I come!!

I look forward to sharing tips and stories with you all.

Blessings!
Gawdess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #2  
Movin on down the scale

Welcome, and good luck to you. I hope you post often. Any tips/tricks are welcome. There are a few of us Calorie Counters around....
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  

Welcome Shauna!

I really believe calorie counting is a great way to lose weight. Fitday is also a great tool! Good luck!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:11 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm living proof that counting calories and walking works....I work out now - but I lost 100 pounds by walking and keeping my calories between 1200-1400 a day averaged over the week.

I started working out this last summer because I kinda back slid over the last year or so and gained 15 pounds of it back...the working out is to try and tone under the extra skin as well. Now if I could just get rid of the fat on top of the muscles.

I'm a big fan of FitDay as well...so much better than the spreadsheet I used to do.

Enough about me...look forward to seeing more posts from you, Shauna!!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #5  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, Shauna! Just chiming in to add to the endorsements of Fitday, and calorie counting in particular.

I work out at least 30 minutes every day and average under 1500 calories a day. It is tough sometimes, but I truly believe it works.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote