Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default WeekDay Chat/ December 5-11

Hi all. Still haven't come to any conclusions but glad the weekday is here. I do better on the weekdays. I can COMPLETELY relate to what TENN is saying!! I think that's why I'm struggling. The thing is, I know WW and everything else I've tried doesn't work (for me). *sigh* so it's just a matter of telling myself this IS the WOE for the rest of my life and if I was allergic to these foods I would (of course) not eat them...so what's making this different. Allergic or makes me fat SHOULD be a good reason NOT to eat like I've been eating. Dang, having TOM coming isn't helping this emotional junk I'm making this into!!! Good news is...I've gotta feed the deer today so I'll be getting exercise
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ you'll work this out. Im like you, lc is the only thing that really works for me. Ive left, and tried ww, lcww, bfl, and everytime, I come back to lc. Because it works for me. Funny how you mentioned allergies, I was thinking last night, how Im going to explain to my daughter why Im not going to eat any xmas goodies this year. I thought, maybe Id tell her Im allergic to sugar.....it makes my butt big. Stop beating yourself up! You're going to be alright.

I was up too early again this morning I hate that....I get up to "p" and thats it, Im awake! So I sat and read for a while, contemplated what I was going to do today, had a cup of tea, had my airborne (I feel a cold coming) and finally dh is up, and coffee is made

I reluctantly got on the scales this morning, : and was pleasantly surprised. Im down another 4lbs this past week. I really didnt think I had lost anything, Im thinking its because I didnt have to fight for it quite so much this week.

Putzing around the house today, get some wrapping done, and a walk is planned.

Have a great op day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  
TemporaryFatChick

Hi girls, didn't mean to be a downer yesterday, I'm doing LC and will continue for the time being, I'm just thinking about other options. I have the "way of life" mindset rather than the traditional "diet" mindset, and I need to think about what it will be like to eat this way for the rest of my life. Of course the holidays can be difficult regardless of what healthy eating plan you choose, and I'm no in maintence mode, so I'm keeping that in mind.

It's cold and icky outside today, so I think I'll made some broccoli cheese soup for supper tonight - yum! The evil scale says I didn't loose any weight this week, but I feel like I'm retaining water, so I'll try it again after a few days of drinking the proper amount of water, eating right and getting enough sleep, and see what it says.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Morning Sweet Ladies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

hi guys

I was late for work and hungry so I grabbed a low carb shake then PIGGED OUT at lunch time on the biggest taco salad you've ever seen in your life. So it's eggs for me for supper.

And I'm SO TICKED at my scale. This morning I get on.
It says: 202
so I get off and get on again: 203.5
so I get off then on AGAIN: 205

WHAT KIND OF MEAN *** SCALE DO I HAVE ANYWAY?!?! I felt like tossing it out the door, and no, I didn't get on a fourth time! how can it go up three pounds in 10 seconds? stupid scale.

anyway, it's freezing cold here but I got 3 miles in this morning. Saving up for a gazelle, does anyone have one and do you like it?

Robin: 4 pounds?? WAY TO GO!!!! Talk about starting your week out on the right foot!!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:56 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Lacey~ today's not friday! I dont have a gazelle, Ive thought about it alot, but my neighbour across the street has one, and she says her's is too noisey. I bought a mini trampoline instead, and I love it. You can really get a great workout on it.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I bought a mini trampoline instead, and I love it. You can really get a great workout on it.
Does anyone know the average weight limit on one of those mini-trampolines? I want to get some of the cheaper-costing exercise equipment, but I sitll exceed the weight limit on a lot of them
I am asking for the ab lounge for Christmas or a giftcard to a store that sells them so I don't have to shell out so much. Its weight limit is 250 and hopefully I will be around 275+ around Christmas. If I can sit on folding camp chairs with a 275-295 weight limit at 356lbs, I think I could use this...

So I had a pretty good weekend except Saturday night set me back a little. I took my sister out to dinner with my gift certificate from work. I had a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing which ended up having sugar in it (I even asked the girl the ingredients because it was homemade) and I had the grilled chicken breast with broccolli and hollandaise sauce. Does anyone know how many carbs are in french onion soup without the bread?

Anyways...I gained a pound this weekend...such is life. I had a great time with her and that's one of the best things I can ask for.
~Andrea
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Mine is 250. If you get one, make sure it has the springs. I had the one with the fabric tabs, and after 3 uses, the tabs ripped!! Not a nice sound when your working your butt off, and things start tearing You can get other mini ones that have a higher weight limit....check online, there are lots to choose from. I managed to pick mine up on clearance at sears for 19.99, but that was pretty cheap compared to what they are going for. Just keep your eyes open.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #9  
Livin' la Vida Low Carb!

Hello Ladies....day 5 of Mission Possible! hehe...I refuse to get on a scale until the 18th...LOL...if I do, It will probably make me so depressed, i will be forced to eat the nearest carb filled goodie. And I dont want to do that....I am better than that! I am above that! *repeats that to herself* *hugs*
iloveadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Iloveadam: By the 18th, you will have probably met your goal! I don't think I could do that, I would be to antsy to find out the progress.

RobinW: I can just picture the moment the tabs ripped. If it were me, I probably would've either just stood there laughing histerically (at the situation) or swearing (because of the money wasted)...
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Brenda - glad you are still with us!

Robin - wooooooohoooooooo on that 4 lbs . WTG girl!

Stac - sounds like you had a great trip. I totally hear ya on the food. One I reach goal (again lol) even tho I know this is supposed to be a WOL, it will not control my WOL. If I'm out somewhere and they don't have LC I'll have what's available, enjoy myself and get back to LC the next day. And you were not being a downer!!! That's what we're here for, support & friendship - good times & bad!

Lacey - I have the same mean *** scale you do. When I weighed in Sunday, I got 183 & 184 twice each, 186 & 187 once each and 185 four times. I take whatever number I get 3 times and that's my weight . I even changed the battery, but the thing is possessed I swear . I think it's because the flooring in this old house is warped and not even.

Rebecca - OMGosh - I can't go through more than 2 hours without stepping on my scale . No way could I wait that long to see my progress. You go girl. Wish I could do that!

Well, thanks to our idiot gov't. , LC products are once again going to be virtually impossible to find come the New Year (we really only just started getting them in 2003). They've changed the labelling act again and the LC companies have basically said, you, we've already spent millions of dollars on labelling to make them compliant (including French on the label) and we're not spending another dime. Soooo, basically, what's on the shelves in stores is it. I know a couple people in Calgary who LC, & they've said all the little LC stores that opened in their areas have already shut their doors. Grrrrrr - that just ticks me off. Idiots.

Anyway, you all have a great day! Water, water, water - glug, glug, glug

gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Liv~ I took the 1st trampoline back! So it wasnt waisted thankfully. It actually scared me when I hear the tearing, I was bouncing right next to the brick fireplace, and thats all I could think of.....bouncing off into the bricks

Stacie~ I sure dont miss having to find the english on my labels it is funny tho, when I pick something up in canada and use it at the table, and watch my stepson and his family try to figure out what is up with the label. (kinda funny)

Had a good day yesterday. My back is acting up. Ive noticed, the last time I was this weight (a month and a half ago) I had back troubles. Im wondering if its my weight shifting? Or being lost crooked? Its this sore back that derailed me last time. It pretty much had me in tears in bed. Not this time, Im not overdoing it like last time, Im resting when it gets really bad, and Im not working out like I was even when its sore. Im keeping my eating on plan, and not letting it get me down like last time. So hopefully within the week, it will be better (with more weight off).

Don't know whats on the agenda for today, might put the tree up. Got most of my wrapping done yesterday. Got my walk in yesterday, and I just might go again today. I'll see how my back is. I layed down for about 20 min yesterday before I ventured out and it was ok. I'll have to see.

I better hit the shower and wash the stink off have a great op day ladies
Old 12-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #13  
TemporaryFatChick

Robin - WTG! Wow, 4 pounds is awesome, you must be livin' right

Sonny, It's always so much fun to meet 'net pals in real life, I was hopin' maybe you were in So. CA. I have some friends in No. CA, SF and Sacramento area, maybe I'll get up that way some day.

Are you hanging in there today Brenda? I know it's hard, really hard at this time of year. I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be if I had other people in my house to consider. I think after the 1st of the year, it'll be easier because we won't constantly have carb bomb foods waved under our noses. I've tried a zillion diets to, and they've all worked. It's not that I couldn't lose weight, it's that I couldn't stay on them and gained it all back and then some

My scale isn't budging. I've lost 1 pound in two weeks, and even though I knew it was bound to happen, it's a little discouraging. I've read back through fitday for the last few weeks and I see a couple places where I could have made better choices, but I only exceeded my carbs on one day. I hope a big woosh of weightloss comes soon because there's a dress I want to wear on NYE that's too tight right now. Could there be 3 days of eggs in my future?? EEEEEEK!

Have a great day ladies!!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #14  
Atkins Lover

Woo-Hoo!! I'm back!! Don't you hate not being able to get on and see how everyone else is doing and what not?? That is how things have been for me the last couple days. Our computer crashed and it has taken me since Friday to get this one up and running and connecting to the internet. But I'm back and that is the most important thing. Things have been going good. I am happy to report that I am weighing in at 267!! Only 2 more pounds and I will be at what I wanted to be by Christmas....7 more pounds (well actually 8 and I will be a my Christmas weight from last year). I am soooooo HAPPY!! I have been doing aerobics during the day, riding at least 1 mile at night and really eating low carb and healthy. I feel much better and am just so excited. Since joining this group July 25th (something like that) I have lost 22lbs. That is a little over 4lbs a month. I know it won't be like this forever and eventually I will stall out for awhile, but I am very happy about where things are right now and how they are going. I have a plan in place for the holidays and I am looking forward to staying OP for the most part. I'm gonna remember LindaT's rule, if it isn't something you can have anytime (in moderation of course) so watch out Aunt Mary's rolls here I come. LOL I should roll that I will savor every bite of. Things in life are going good, family is good, many people in my family are in the hospital right now (aunt=heart problems, brothers g'pa (his dad adopted me, but I don't consider him my dad, but care about his g'pa) lung cancer that has spread to his spine=they have called hospice in, and another aunt=surgery on broken foot. So lots going on here.

Food for Today (Induction Day #8)
Breakfast:SFLC Shake
Lunch:SFLC Shake
Supper:Ground Beef, salad w/cheese, bacon bits and ranch dressing....maybe throw on some olives.
Snacks:Provolone Cheese
Water 64 ozs. (oh yeah, that is the one thing that I have been bad about the last couple days...haven't gotten in enough water)
Exercise:30 minutes min. of aerobics and at least one mile on the bike tonight. Maybe even some Body Flex when hubby takes the kids out to my folks to do the horses. I love what it does to my face.

Well chickies, that is all for today. Have a good one and stay OP!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Robin: WTG on the 4 pound loss! Keep up the excellent work!! Sorry to hear about your back again. I hope it's not as bad as last time You know, not that you mention it, when I was at a lower weight (and exercising) MY back didn't ache like it does lately!! Thanks for the reminder

Tenn: Glad to hear you're sticking around. I bet if you're OP that a WHOOSH will be coming! Take pictures of that dress (with you in it, of course)--sounds fabulous!!

Leenie:

Lacey: I don't have a gazelle. Was thinking of getting one of those eliptical machines (heard they work wonders) or else an exercise bike. I usually can do a few miles on that and not feel like I'm doing anything. Let us know how the Gazelle works!!

Andrea: Only a pound in a weekend is still good! Better than what my scale does! Keep up the great work!!

IloveAdam: That's a great attitude you've got there! let us know how the WI goes!!!

Stacie: Sorry to hear that they're shutting their doors. You know, I can't understand the government. It's like they're not happy if people lose weight and try and ruin the best things out there. Is it possible to shop online??

Bec: Sounds like a busy time and sorry to hear about all your family members!! Hope they're all well/better for Christmas!

Well, between TOM making me emotional my DH had to go and screw up. He got a ticket AGAIN!! When is he going to listen to me and SLOW DOWN?? I'm trying SO hard not to be mad. Then I found myself opening a bag of Christmas cookies and munching on one while trying to figure out where the $198 is going to come from!!! DH said "WHY are you eating that?" and I hadn't even realised what I was doing!! So luckily it was only ONE small cookie (bite sized cookie at that). I didn't get my water intake in (only 1/2 the amount). So I'm kind of plugging along. Was going through my routine from a year ago (2 actually--when I started this)...and you know, I worked REALLY hard to get where I was at---and I'm not sure what happened to my desire to be thinner. It's really rather stupid of me. I feel better, look better and think better when I'm working out (yes, can you believe I was actually EXERCISING??) and OP. So what's my problem? Why do I have the "I'll wait until the New Year" mentality?? What's stopping me from starting TODAY? I mean, sure, there's Christmas Eve & Christmas (possibly New Years Eve)...but that's only THREE days. I've got almost a MONTH before the new year. I could be kicking weight loss BUTT!! Looks like I need to sit down and make goals I CAN attain (quitting soda doesn't seem to be an option right now. Can't afford to go through the caffeine withdrawal headache right now). Will let you all know when I've got them cemented down
Thanks everyone for kicking my butt into action--I truly needed it!!! (and sorry this is so long!)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote