Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 12:30 PM   #1  

Talking How much money?

I knew the money subject would get everyone's attention. My husband has always been very supportive of me no matter how much I weighed. He told me today that he has set up a savings account for me and will put in how much money I tell him to for each pound that I lose. I need to lose about 75 lbs. My question is, how much is a good amount?

I saw this on Oprah the other day.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:16 PM   #2  

Default How much can you afford?

There are different ways to look at this. Will the savings be for you and you alone for new clothes for a slimmer you, or for a cruise for the two of you. If you attend W W in my area it would cost you $14.00 a week. I lost 70 pounds and it took 22 months to lose 70 pounds. I am retired and the older you get the slower you lose. Think what you want to use the savings for and go from there. P.S. What a nice husband you have.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:40 PM   #3  
Pink Thingy

Default What about...

the price you pay for the meeting for each pound you lose, or does that sound expensive? Over here in the UK, it costs £4.50 to attend a meeting, so that's what I have based my suggestion on. So in effect you won't really be paying for your meetings when you lose.

You are extremely blessed to have such a supportive husband. Lucky you.
Old 06-29-2001, 02:56 PM   #4  

Talking FOR ME!!

My husband said I could spend the money on me for whatever I wanted. And yes, I do have a wonderful husband!
Old 06-30-2001, 07:34 AM   #5  

Default How much money

I lost 85# last year-my husband and I had a 2 week Maui vacation set-since I had done so good on WW and had gone broke buying all these new clothes-he paid for the entire trip!
Now that was sweet.
debbie
Old 06-30-2001, 10:18 AM   #6  

What a great husband you have!! It's wonderful when family members are supportive. I think the amount should be at least what the weekly meeting fee is x the number of weeks it takes you to reach your goal. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Ginaki; 07-01-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Closed Thread