Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #1  

Default Any Homeschooling Moms here

Hi!

I am pretty much a lurker. I was wondering if any of you wonderful ladies are homeschooling moms!

Hugs,
Rachel

Last edited by Mommyof2boys; 12-03-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Rachel~ My wife and I and ex-wife had the privelege to enroll our children in our church school from pre-school through 8th grade, then the public high schools...we are very happy with the way they turned out, 2 out of college with jobs and one about to enter college. Now my daughter's boyfriend is 24, he was home schooled...not much going on there

Some friends of my sons' and mine...well there are 11 kids in the family~~ all schooled at home...once, when the older ones were in high school with my son and daughter, I asked the younger ones what they did at "home" for school...they thought for a moment then one of them said.." we pretty much do nutin' "....

You will do great at it!!!!!!!!!!!! just sending some humor for you. Gary
Old 12-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #3  

Thanks Gary for the humor!!!!!

I actually started my 1st grader in homeschooling this year. I would have done this last year, but I was still going through nursing school. My son is so easy to teach. He loves it. Fortunately we do more than "nuting". And the up side, I am learning alot too. It is amazing how much you can forget.

Now for my youngest who is 3, we do "pretty much nuting". However, I found a free curriculum on the internet, that I am going to try out for him. We are starting this on Monday. My 6 year old is going to be the teacher's assistant.

Hugs,
Rachel
Old 12-07-2005, 09:48 PM   #4  

Hey Rachel,
Just a word of encouragement. I homeschooled my son and am so glad
we did. We took it one year at a time. And he finished in 2000. He's 23 and
is now in management at Walmart. I am so proud of him. I couldn't have
ask for a better and loving son. His store manager has told him he has all the
right stuff for moving up and is helping him to do so. Just to be a member of
management in 2yrs and at his age is great. And the main thing is He loves
his job and what he does and he met his future wife there. They were engaged a year ago in Sept. But are in no hurry, say they are getting all their
ducks in a row first. Anyway, just wanted to let you know I would do it all
over again cause it was the right thing for us. Best of wishes for your future
in homeschooling and your children. By the way, I wouldn't take nothing for
all the time we spent together we wouldn't have had if he had been in school
instead of at home. We have and always have had a very close relationship
and I think homeschooling had a lot to do with that.
Have a great day,
Rivergal
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 PM   #5  

Hi Rivergal,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am really looking forward to having a close relationship with both my boys. I only see the positives in homeschooling.

Hugs,
Rachel
Old 12-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #6  
goin' for goal!

S/C/G: 234.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi. We homeschool our two youngest, grades 7 and 10. Just came onto this site.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:09 AM   #7  

Default Hi there.......

Hi Rachel, anothe Rachel here and I have been homeschooling for 9 years. I have 3 boys and a girl....20, 13, 11 and 11. Its been quite the ride so far and I'm looking forward to continuing on.........I too am enjoying the close relationship I have with my kids due to homeschooling........
Rachel
Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #8  

Default Hey....we homeschool

Rachael,
I am homeschooling my 8th grader and my 1st grader. They are great kids and I really enjoy it. I homeschooled for 3 years then dd went to school for 2 years and now back home. It's a great life, we love to learn and have the flexibility to have field trips and such. Socially my kids excell! It is a great thing to do...I'm new to the website and have been getting alot of inspiration from the posts.
Rose
Old 12-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Cool Another HSing Mom

This is our first year, too. I HS my 2nd grade son and I unschool my 4 yr old. She is actually more receptive to learning than my son. Of course, there are several things that I've had to deschool him with -- doing work half way and expecting to get away with it was one. Learning that there is more than one way to do something was another big one for us.

It's taken some time, but I do believe we are coming together as a family. HSing is an experience that I know not everyone can do and not everyone understands (or supports)...but for us, for now, it's perfect.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:45 AM   #10  

Default Have always homeschooled!

I am new here! I have 3 children, and currently homeschool the 2 oldest, who are in 8th and 6th grade. My little guy turns 5 this month. We have always homeschooled so this is our 9th year. It goes by so fast!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #11  

Thumbs up me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof2boys
Hi!

I am pretty much a lurker. I was wondering if any of you wonderful ladies are homeschooling moms!

Hugs,
Rachel
Yes! We have been home schooling for 4 years. We have a 10 and 8 yr. old. Both are doing well and I enjoy the opportunity to watch them grow both academically and spiritually. We do a lot more than "nutin" too. I find that is a common comment from non-homeschoolers. My eldest takes piano, drama, chorus, art and creative writing with other home schoolers every week. My youngest plays the drums, and does art and chorus class. We usually are busy with school from 9-3 everyday and I feel like there is always more that I want to do. I belong to a homeschool support group that has many kids graduate and go into college and have successful careers. But more importantly they are respectful, kind kids for the most part.

So hang in there. ..the hardest thing I find is finding time for myself...but I tell myself that soon they will be gone and then I will have all the time in the world. (I was also a nurse....11 years but quit 7 years ago!)
Old 01-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #12  
Lori

Hi there I"m Lori......we've been homeschooling since 1992......and we have 1 dd left at home that we are homeschooling ......she is 14. We love it......
Old 01-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #13  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Rachel!

I homeschool both of my daughters. Mikaela is 9 and Emily is 6. This is our 2nd year homeschooling.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #14  
This time for good!

Thumbs up I do!

Dd, Molly (age 15) has been hs'd since age 6. She has done tremendously and we love it. I recently remarried after being widowed and we moved across the country. Much of our extended new family homeschools which is a new experience for us.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:12 AM   #15  

I'm not a home-schooling mother (although after I get married and eventually have kids, my fiance and I are going to homeschool them :P) But i WAS a home-schooled child. I know that doesn't count, but i definitely preferred being homeschooled as apposed to public schooling .

Last edited by LilyPrincess; 01-25-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Closed Thread