General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default Need ideas please

Ok ladies you all are the weightloss experts so I'm bringing this to you. I started a monthly weightloss/exercise challenge group on a parenting board that I am on. We each established goals that we want to complete this month. On top of this I am issuing daily challenges to the ladies. Some are physical some are mental/emotional. But I'm running out of ideas. Can you give me some ideas?

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for I'll tell you our goals for the next few days. Today's challenge was to drink 64 ounces of water. Tomorrows is eat dinner at a reasonable hour and not snack afterwards. The goal for the weekend is to sit down and write a letter to ourselves explaining why we are the way we are, why we are making this change, and what we hope to get out of it.

So any ideas you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Just off the top of my head:

Exercise goals such as...
- 20 minutes, 3 times a week (the CDC's guidelines)
- "try something new" -- be it a yoga video, a step class, or just walking a different route.
- "recruit a friend" -- get someone to exercise with you at least once a week.

Others...

- 5 fruits and veggies every day for a week
- pick a favorite receipe and make it low fat/low carb (whatever)
- "try a new fruit/veggie"
- write a letter to someone (anyone) who inspires you, and explain how that inspiration has effected your decision to lose weight (they don't have to actually mail it; just write it).
- Come up with a quote and/or saying that they will repeat to themselves every time they are tempted
- keep a log for a week of all the things they DIDN'T eat (GREAT confidence booster!!)
Old 12-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #3  
Egy Kis Lany

Oohh! I like the logging things that you don't eat business!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #4  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Here's a couple for you:

Try a new healthy vegetable/recipe/food you haven't tried before

Make a list of all the things you could do instead of eating

Take a picture of yourself so you will have before, during, and after pictures

Do something that makes you feel good about yourself that is not necessarily related to weight loss (e.g. manicure, bubble bath, new haircut, new clothes, etc.)

Write a "resumé" of all your good qualities and talents (we need to remember why we are so completely worth losing the weight)

Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight

Write down some fun things you want to do when you get to your goal weight

Write down what you think your life will be like when you get to your goal weight, including both your daily activities/activity level and how you feel emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #5  

These are some great ideas ladies!! Thank you so much!
Closed Thread