Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 07:14 PM   #1  

Default Bad Day

Just venting (and complaining) I am having a terrible time with food today. So far I have kept everything within my points, including my dinner plan. I must be PMS'ing or something. Feeling sorry for myself, because the kids are out of school today for the summer and I still have to work. As I work from home, and I don't have daycare for them. (ages 10 1/2, 9 and 7) so they get me as needed. Which seems like most of the day sometimes. Ususally when they are at school, I finish working when I get them from school.

I also have a bad summer cold. (I did warn you that I was complaining)The crazy weather can't make up its mind what it wants to do. Yesterday it was rainy and cold. Today it is sunny and warm. By no means hot like some of you have in the states, though

My sister and I joined WW together at the end of April, and last night she got her 10% keychain, with a lose of just over 20 lbs, I am really close with a lose of 19.2 (need 22.9 for 10%). Must be sisterly rivilvary, or something, but I am really sad that she got hers before I got mine. I don't even know why I am letting myself get worked up over it, because we have both done a great job in the last 10 weeks.
Old 06-28-2001, 07:49 PM   #2  

Default Bad Day??

Hey, take a deep breath and relax. Having kids home all day and trying to get work done can give anyone a bad day. Can you arrange for a teen to watch them in the afternoon so you can get your job done.? I know they are too big for a nap but what about some quiet time after lunch when they have to just be in their room and do some reading.

Sounds like you're hanging in with staying on program and that's great. Now W W is not a race nor is it a competition. You should be happy for your sister but not be competing with her. I'm sure she has her difficult times also. No two bodies are the same and I'm sure you both aren't eating the exact same foods and the same portion sizes. Don't worry about what she is doing. Remember the only person you can control is yourself.

Bribe your kids. Tell them if you can have 1 hour or what ever it takes every day with out them interrupting you, you will - - - -
play a game with them, take them to a park, etc etc. Or give each child 5 dimes each day, but they loose a dime every time they interrupt you for something that isn't important.
Old 06-29-2001, 03:00 PM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Kikrs
Go right ahead and vent. It's good for the soul--and everything else.
You're in a tough spot, but I think you want to step back and see what you've accomplished. My goodness, your weight loss is lovely. Going to WW with a companion has its ups and downs. You've done very well. So has your sister. Good for you both. Just because she got there first doesn't mean that that prize is not available to you. It's not a one and only key chain. It's there for all of us.
So, you might want to clear your head, figure out a way to get your children to cooperate and give your some uninterrupted time, and go gangbusters on WW. We all have our great times with program, and then a little less progress than we'd like. So, vent away, tackle your problems, and do the right thing for yourself.
Lots of luck and good vibes coming your way!
234/214/thinner
Closed Thread