Old 11-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/232/150

Height: 5'6"

Default eating in the evening

Does anyone else like to save tha majority of their calories for the evening? I have always been one for late night snacks so I plan to use a bunch of my calories then. That way I don't go to bed hungry. I also tend to get the munchies around 9:00 so I figure that using my daily allowance then makes sense.

Susan
swingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #2  
Opulent

I find that if I do that, I don't lose. Everybody is different! It just doesn't work for me but that's when I habitually want to snack or even eat full meals...so I just don't eat after dark, period! I have water or a cup of herbal tea instead.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:14 AM   #3  

Starting with dinner is when I tend to go down hill. I have alot of trouble keeping things under control after 5. I have started drinking water when I want to snack and that seems to help.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I eat most of my calories at night. During the day, I'll have about 500-600 calories, but then come dinner time, I always manage to cram in the rest of the calories for the day (a total of about 1400 calories daily during the week, so about 850 calories all comes from around dinner time). I still lose as long as I stick within my average calorie range, but it gives me the freedom to feed my boyfriend more "normal" food for dinner (hey, he used to eat fast food almost every day, so a couple turkey burgers with instant mashed potatoes or dinner is still a step in the right direction ).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I eat like half of my calories for the day at dinner and a snack after...so, like 700 calories all day until dinner. I'm pretty hungry by the time I eat dinner - but I try to fill up on water.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #6  

I eat most of my calories at night too. At least 70%. Im not really big on eating during the day cause I am to busy most the time. Evening (after dinner gets me started lol) into night time is more comfortable for me.
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I eat about 1/2 of my calories up TO dinner, and the other half at dinner and for evening snacks. It works for me. I tried eating more calories earlier in the day and about wanted to eat the house!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:15 PM   #8  
Future Derby Girl

S/C/G: 225/223/135

I do better if I eat about 300 calories four different times. I also distribute my carbs more to the morning because they are energy, and I crave less carb filled snacks at night.
magicalstasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:52 AM   #9  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I eat about 1/2 of my calories prior to dinner and 1/2 my calories from dinner onward. I've *always* been this way. It didn't seem to interfere with my weight loss at all. Now that I'm upping my calories to maintain, though, I'm trying to add more calories during the day, but that's just because I'm not hungry enough in the evening to add in enough extra calories then.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #10  
Movin on down the scale

I eat most of my cals by 4pm, the around 6pm I eat dinner (somewhere around 400 cals. But I do not snack after dinner, I am not (thank goodness) an evening snacker. I have to have my 3pm snack, that is what saves me!
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaLooseitagain
But I do not snack after dinner, I am not (thank goodness) an evening snacker.
I'm luckily not an evening snacker, either. I used to be, but I haven't been in quite some time. Sometimes, my boyfriend and I will make smoothies after dinner, but that's not an everyday thing. Other than that, I don't typically eat after dinner, but my dinner is usually more than half the calories for my day all by itself.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:38 AM   #12  
Egy Kis Lany

I use up about 2/3 of my calories by the time I'm ready to leave work.
So I use about 1000 in breakfast, lunch, and [multiple] snacks, and then I have about 500 for the dinnertime meal.

Sometimes I'll have another snack before or after dinner, or munching on things while I cook... but it leaves me with a nice, full meal. I've found that eating/snacking all day makes me hungry! (I usually divide breakfast and lunch in half and spread it out with snacks, so I eat a little all the time.) Since I am used to small 'meals' all day long, when I sit down to a dinner of lots of food, I feel [nice and] full, and I don't want to snack at night.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #13  
Cynical RedHead

I try to use 50% of my calories during the day and 50% for dinner, but it usually ends up being around 30-40% during the day and 60-70% for dinner.
I always feel hungrier at night when i am not doing anything than during the day when I am busy.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/232/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the input ladies. I don't feel so alone now. I usually eat around 500-600 calories during the day and save the rest for the evening. I am allowing myself 1500 per day. Sometimes I get in around 1300. I like to know that I really have something to look forward to in the evening.
swingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:03 PM   #15  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I'm about a 50 before dinner, 50 % after person too. It varies depending on the exercise for the day (like....if I'm going hiking I HAVE to eat more in the morning and afternoon). I usually eat dinner as soon as I get home (so in the 5:30-6 time frame) and then have a "mini meal" of yogurt and something else very near bedtime so I'm not kept awake with a grumbling stomach.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote