Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 11/28 - 12/4

Starting this week's thread - be right back.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #2  

Emily - great job on a great loss! I think your goal for the holidays is very reasonable. My goal is similar - while I'd like to lose a lot (I have a lot of ground to make up) I know that's extra hard during the holidays. I did OK at Thanksgiving - I do love stuffing but I make it and it's very point friendly but I'm with you about baking for Christmas - I love to bake cookies and give them as gifts but I do have to watch the sampling!

Kristiekat - fabulous loss - and yes, those compliments feel great! I had to laugh about the jeans - just how do they hold them up??

Carla - congratulations on your maintain - that is fantastic especially considering all the craziness. I hope your mom is doing well at the rehab center. Do they know how long she'll have to be there? I did get to plant most of the bulbs - about 150 believe it or not, but I still have the iris to plant and it looks as if I'll have to plant them when we get back. I did take myself to the movies and it was great but I didn't manage to head off the cold after all.

Rachel - I'm soooo glad to hear that things are better. Hey, you can vent here anytime! That's one of the reasons we're all here - we all need to do that at times. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving on Friday and got to see Harry Potter. I loved it although, as with the books, each successive one gets "darker".

I had a good Thanksgiving - I actually relaxed more than I have in years (although next year will be at my house) and did well with the food - I ate moderately (even the yummy appetizers), had only a sliver of an unbelievable cheese cake (with chocolate pecan toping) and then had a big ol' slice of the WW Ultimate Pumpkin Pie. Unfortunately, the cold caught up with me and I felt pretty miserable on the way home on Friday and spent Saturday in bed. I still have it but the Zicam and rest has really helped lessen its severity. Tony had a stomach flu yesterday but is feeling better today. Hopefully, we will both be well (or at least I won't be too congested) by Wed, when we take off for Las Vegas for 5 nights. I'm not at the weight I wanted to be but at least I haven't gained anything over the Thanksgiving weekend. I checked the hotel we're staying at and there is a fitness center. I will take some kind of fitness clothes plus, the weather will be in the low 60's - perfect weather for walks which I plan to take every day. I haven't been exercising the last few days with the cold but have managed to control the food. We have some great dinners planned for Vegas but I'm just going to try to a) limit the alcohol b) exercise c) eat core as much as I can and d) remember that a taste or two is usually enough. I haven't been to a meeting in a couple of weeks and will try to see if I can catch one tomorrow morning. My friend's father died on Sat ( funeral was yesterday) and they are "sitting shiva" at her parents house which is 10 minutes away from me. As in the summer, when her mom passed away, I'll be there as much as I can today and tomorrow. I do want to try to get in some very gentle yoga today - try to keep my back limber in preparation for that long flight (yuck, I hate flying!) on Wed.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 11-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #3  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Whew - I managed to maintain over Thanksgiving...I was pretty relieved with that. Plus, that makes me more determined to get some of this weight off in the next few weeks before Christmas and New Year's gets here. :

I ran 4 miles on Saturday. I think that as long as I keep working out I will be ok and hit my goal.

Plus, I think I am almost done Christmas shopping! woohoo

I am baking this weekend, but I have figured out point values for all my foods and am substituting Splenda for some of the sugar to make them even lower in points.

Judy - so sorry you're sick but you'll have a fabulous time in Las Vegas! That was one of our stops on our vacation a few weeks ago. Where are you staying?

Have a great week everyone. I'm attaching a pic of my new nieces

Rocky NiecesII.JPG

Last edited by Lucky13; 11-28-2005 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

I did great on Thanksgiving...the advantage of being home with my sweetie...I dishes the plates and put the leftovers away so less temptation!!

I am down 3 pounds for this week, I need to start walking daily but it just hasn't happened yet.
Have a wonderful week all!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:06 PM   #5  
Back on Program!

Hi everyone
It's so inspiring to see all of your success stories! I officially weigh in in the morning, so we'll see what the scale holds. I have had a sick child at home since Monday before Thanksgiving, she is much better and went back to school today, but that really put a damper on my gym time, I only made it once. TOM should be here on Friday too, so I am not hopeful of a good weigh in tomorrow. I haven't been very strict with my points either, just trying to make good choices but I have definitely had my weak moments!

We did make it to Harry Potter, and it was great! Of course they cut a lot from the book but that book was so long they had to. I am going to be so sad when the final book is over and done. I have really enjoyed reading them, and so has my daughter so it's nice to bond over the books.

I am feeling overwhelmed by the holidays. I really do love them,I just feel like I am never caught up. We are painting our living room right now, and that's where the tree goes. Therefore we can't put the tree up until the painting is done. Hubby has been working OT and I have been trying to do what I can, when I can. Still it will probably be another week before we can put the tree up. Still plenty of time, right? It's hard when the rest of the neighborhood has all their stuff done already. And the stress makes it oh so easy to reach for a cookie or a piece of apple pie and ice cream........

I'M TRYING!!!
Judy have a GREAT time in VEGAS! Tell Celine Hello from me!!!

Take Care everybody. I'll post my weigh in tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #6  
Back on Program!

I see nobody has been here! Well I weiged in at 196.4. Not too shabby. I'm going to try to have a better week this week!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know I haven't actually dropped off the face of the earth. I will be back here on a regular basis at the end of January. The house is sold, I've given notice at my hellish job, and we're moving to our 10 acres! In the meantime, work chaos continues to reign, and I'm holding down the fort as Mike has already moved to his new job a mere 300 miles away. Once I'm a happily temporarily unemployed housewife, I'll be able to establish some form of normalacy. In the meantime, I'm doing the best I can.

Hope you're all well and happy; I'll try to drop by again before the end of the year!

Karen
Old 12-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #8  

Hello all I am not new here but new to weight watchers so I thought I would come in and post my first weeks weigh-in I started last Monday and weighed in at 184. Todays weigh in was 179!!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #9  

Default Hello-old "newbie" here

I have posted a couple of other places before but it's been a while since I've made an appearance. Hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm doing WW at home and got my materials from ebay. My best friend is my accountability partner and we talk everyday re: eating and exercise.

I gained one pound over Thanksgiving, which I can live with considering I wasn't really all that good! We went to Gatlingburg, TN for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time, in spite of car troubles. It was nice to just sit and eat and not have to clean up or spend all day cooking for a change.

My goal is to lose during the Christmas season, maybe 5 pounds. So, I'm redifining my definition of "special occasion" so I don't overeat every other day!

I have been an up and down dieter for many years but I told my family last night that I was going to eat so healthy and exercise so much that my body will go into shock and I willl lose the 35 pounds to goal while my body has let down it's guard!

My exercise goal right now is just to get back on track. I normally do at least 30 minutes everyday; mostly in the morning. I have two teenage daughters and the evenings are busy w/playing taxi driver. I did 30 minutes in the circuit room at the Y this morning. My oldest daughter has started joining me so we have fun.

Thanks for letting me join in. Have a great day!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

I'm running in quickly to let you know that, like Karen, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth.

Judy - Hope you enjoyed Vegas! I hope you and Tony both got over the bugs that were bugging you before you left.

Emily - Congrats on the maintain. Cute nieces.

Kristie - Great loss!!!

Rachel - You're doing great!

Karen - I'm glad that the move to the country is imminent. Can't wait to see more of you.

Brooke - Welcome and congrats on a great loss!

skinny butt - Welcome. Good plan for the holidays.

I had a loss of 2.8 pounds last week. This week I'm retaining water like crazy, so I'm waiting until tomorrow for an official weigh-in. Went to the dr. yesteray. My blood sugar level dropped from 163 to 147, so that's some progress. I'm still at the borderline of treating it with pills. We're giving it three more months of what will be serious weight loss and exercise to see what happens. And now I'm running out again to get Ana off to school.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Closed Thread