South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 PM   #1  

Default Phase 1 gone and no loss???

I'm new to the Beach, I just finished phase 1 yesterday. I know I did it to the "T", and after waiting and waiting to weight myself, I found out yesterday morning, that I didn't lose even a pound!!? Is this normal? I know that I don't have much weight to loose, but I'm really surprised. I haven't lost any inches either... anybody else have the same problem? Is there anything I can do to jump start a loss? I would appreciate any advice from some more experienced Beachers. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #2  

Wow! Nothing and you followed it to a "T"! I'm amazed. How did you eat before started SBD? How much DO you have to lose? Did you exercise? Did you get enough water? I wouldn't consider myself experienced, but I just find it odd that you have lost nothing. I don't blame you for being frustrated! I hope you get some good advice.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #3  

I know, it's very frustrating. I drink tons of water a day- somewhere around 120 oz. I excercise about 3 times a week, at least 20 min. a day. I know I don't have tons to loose, but I'm at 150 right now and I'm 5'5". I would like to be around 135. I really don't understand. My mom keeps telling me that because I weight train, I could be swapping fat for muscle, and to keep it up... but at least on WW I was starving all the time but seeing some loss. I think if I was swapping fat for muscle I would see it on the inches side, but nope!! Anybody else??
Old 11-23-2005, 02:42 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aleaham, I know this must be frustrating, but with only 15 pounds to lose, I'd be shocked if you lost anything in Phase 1. For you, doing P1 was about detoxing, not about losing weight, okay? I know that's hard to understand, but with so few pounds to lose, your goal should be to try to stop eating bad carbs and use the good ones to help you stop cravings. This will make losing those last 15 pounds much easier.

Those who have been eating a ton of bad carbs and who have a lot to lose are the most likely candidates to lose lots of weight in Phase 1. Those who have little to lose and/or have been eating very few bad carbs are less likely to lose anything. Sounds like you have a very healthy lifestyle in place, Aleaham (something to be very proud of! ) and that has kept you already in a good position so that you didn't have any of the type of weight to lose that P1 usually takes off. Keep going on P2, and you'll start seeing the weight come off, hon. Okay?

Do you have access to someone (perhaps at your gym?) that is well trained in using calipers to measure body fat percentage? Though measuring your inches can help, fat percentage is the best way to gauge how you are doing and will give you the most accurate information regarding your loss of fat and gain of muscle.

On SBD, you won't be starving, but you will see a loss. It'll just be very slow. However, slow loss is loss that you keep off...and the closer you get to goal, the more slowly you lose. I was losing 3-5 pounds a week for months at the beginning, now I'm losing 1-3 pounds a month. I've got just a couple more pounds to go than you do. It's frustrating, but keep thinking positive, hon!
Closed Thread