Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 11/21 - 11/27

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #2  

Rachel - I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I hope you can work things out however it is best for you. You are in my thoughts - hang in there!

I had a pretty good weekend although Saturday morning I was positive I was getting a cold and opted to sleep in. I seem to have fought the cold off though and hope I can stay that way. We had a friend over to dinner Saturday night and I did OK. Kelly - thanks for that Ultimate Pumpkin Pie recipe. It was quick and delicious and core! I had a pretty good day program-wise yesterday even getting in a little yoga. Today is a non-work day. They didn't call me to sub (hopefully not because I turned down the request on Friday - I told them that I had to finish my paper, which I did) but I have plenty I can do. I am just about finished with the final version of my portfolio and then have to make a copy of the whole thing. I also have some bulbs to plant that I should probably plant this morining - it's supposed to rain late today and all tomorrow. I may even take myself to the movies this afternoon - I want to see the new Harry Potter movie and figure I can treat myself.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-21-2005, 02:03 PM   #3  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi gang

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I've lost another 3 pounds - woohoo. This means I'm TWO pounds away from my wedding weight

Regardless, I'm the smallest I've been in over a year and a half. I am setting a goal for myself for the holidays but as long as I maintain or lose a little bit, I will be pretty happy with that.

We'll be in town for the holiday this week so that's good...Thanksgiving has never been a 'trigger' for me...I don't eat gravy or anything like that...I like white meat...the desserts don't really appeal to me all that much. Plus, it's the only meal I eat that day so I think I will do ok with it...

Now, Christmas is when I have to be really careful. I LOVE to bake at Christmas...I just have to not sample too much

Hope everyone has a great week

Rachel - hang in there girl - things will work out somehow. Stay strong, girl

Judy - I wish I was a pumpkin pie fan - sounds like the recipe is a great one for WW

Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile

I had another good week, down 4 more pounds for a total of 37. I can't believe how much better I feel.

I saw a friend that I hadn't seen for 3 months and she was so shocked, she said I look like 1/2 of myself. When she got home she told her dh "wait 'til you see Kris". It really makes me feel great.

I haven't told my daughter and for the first time ever I am wearing a smaller size than she is. I can't wear any of my old jeans they fall off and hang on me like my 18 year old son and his friends wear their pants.

Girls...hang in their thru the holidays...remember the end is worth it!!

Old 11-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Rachel - I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through a rough spot right now. I'm thinking about you and wishing you the best. Hang in there and know that we're here for you.

Judy - Did you get your bulbs in on Monday? We had snow here today. Not a whole lot, but enough for Ana to make a baby snowman. Now the sun is out, so it will all melt away. I'm glad you were able to head off a cold. Sometimes some extra rest just does the trick. I hope you took yourself to the movies. You deserve it!

Emily - Congratulations on another great loss! I'm not a pumpkin pie fan either. One less temptation. As for your Christmas baking - there are a lot of great low point cookie recipes, etc. out there. And if you want to make your favorites, just plan some samples into your points. Usually, I'm happy just to maintain at the holidays.

Kristie - Congrats on a terrific loss! I love when my pants get too big. To me that's even better than seeing a lower number on the scale.

I've maintained since my last weigh-in two weeks ago. I guess given all the haphazard meals I've had that's good news. Thanksgiving will be very low key tomorrow. My mom is still at the rehab center, so we'll be joining her for Thanksgiving dinner (actually lunch) there. Actually it's a good thing. Much easier to control portions and no leftovers.

I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

Carla
Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #6  
Back on Program!

Default Doing Okay

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to pop in and let you know that things are better. I had a loooong talk with my hubby and for now things are okay. Before I couldn't get him to open up and I was at the end of my rope. Now we are communicating again and things are much better. Not perfect, but I'm not crazy enough to expect perfection and if I was, I wouldn't still be married after all this time! Our 11th anniversary is next month. He's a good guy, he just has some issues with depression and he closes off to me once in a blue moon, and you know how we women are, we need communication! Thanks to all of you for thinking of me. Sorry to vent about that here but I was in a bad place that day.

I forgot (really) to weigh today until after breakfast and you know I can't get on the scale unless it's first thing, so I'll weigh in tomorrow. I'm not expecting any loss though, only went to the gym once the past week, and have not been counting points. I have decided I am going to try to maintain thru the holidays. That means I will have to lose more for the Hawaii trip starting after Dec, but I don't want to put so much pressure on myself that I can't live up to my own expectations.

I'll be working on Turkey Day, so everyone enjoy your families! We will have our own Thanksgiving on Friday when all of us are home together. And maybe see Harry Potter that evening.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #7  

No change for me this week. It's my own fault .. I keep almost getting there.. Have to work on motivation and diet this week.
Closed Thread