Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Feeling gross!

Hi,
I found this site a while ago and i love it. However i don't post very often, but am really feeling i need some support right now. I was married in Sept. and got down to my lowest weight ever 113. Now the honeymoon is over so to speak and i can't seem to stay on track. It is that TOM and i have been disgusting all week, and this morning i woke up to get ready for work, and all my jeans were tight. I am kind of freaking out bc I dont want to go into the holidays like this. Anyways just feeling low and looking for some support. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Not to sound mean but JUST DO IT! You did it before and you can do it again.

Try babysteps to get back 100% (don't forget the average woman gains 4-7 pounds during TOM). Pick 1 aspect of the program you can commit to 100% for the whole day and do it (say water), the next day add another aspect to the first one (say frutis and veggies), and so on until you are doing the program 100%
Old 11-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #3  

TOM is everyones devil.... I agree you have to take little baby steps to get back on pace. So today drink a little more water to try to flush all that bloat away. It only lasts for a few days. You have done it before and you can do it again. Just take everyday one at a time the Holidays are really only 2 days. Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. There are alot of days in between the two that you can be on Pace to make up for the two days of splurging.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  

Cindy--

YOU are not "disgusting". You are disappointed because you are up a few pounds on what I presume is a very small frame given your height and weight stats (that's why every pound is more noticeable). Don't beat yourself up! This is what sometimes starts us on a vicious eating cycle.

GOOD FOR YOU taking charge of this before you have twenty pounds or more to lose.

GOOD FOR YOU posting here at 3FC and asking for support.

GOOD FOR YOU getting up and going to work anyway.

And, as for TOM, remember the old adage "a pint is a pound the world around". If you are retaining water this will affect your weight.

Hang in there.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #5  

Thanks for the support everyone. You are right i am just going to buckle down and get back on track. I can do it, i dont know what goes thru my head when i go on these 3 day eating binges...TOM is my enemy, it is like i have no self control, then i rationalize bc of the TOM...ugg it is awful. At this point i am scared to step on a scale so i can't decide if i should just do it and gauge the damage or wait a week or so until i feel like i have gotten it under control. The holidays are only 2 days i am going to focus on being good in between. Thanks everyone, it is great to have people who understand to bounce these feelings off of.
Closed Thread