South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Chat - November 17

Good morning.

Until 7:45 my time, please don't mention coffee when you post. Claire is picking me up then to take me to the hospital. I fully intend to sleep upstairs tonight and will check on you then. If I can't manage the stairs, Ill be in 3FC withdrawal!

Behave yourselves!
Old 11-17-2005, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, Ruth.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Good Luck Ruth - we'll have a hot cup of decaf (or SF hot chocolate!) waiting for you.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #4  

Hugs Ruth! I'm sure you'll be dancin on tables in no time at all love!

You Sleepyheads!! W A K E U P !!!! Daylights a burnin"

Well Djett and BG inspired me to get my oversized rump to the gym...my landlady took me to her gym... it's very nice and has lots of aerobic classes...My Landlady is like 28, thin, toned, and beautiful... I should hate her. She's also finishing up her certificates to become a Personal Trainer-- and I do believe I will become her first client and project {{{shudder}}}. She started talking all fitness and health and flax seed and portion control and red meat has lots of trans fats... and and and.
So I'm seriously thinking bout joining the gym.. since although I am s l o w l y loosing weight, I have the muscle tone of a jellyfish.

So what's going on today Chicks?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies!

Ruth-I'm thinking about you and hoping you don't have to go through 3FC withdrawal, b/c I know I would.

Schatzi- I'm proud of you! I hope you find something that you really like and will stick with you. I would take full advantage of your personal trainer/landlady/friend.

As for me: I didn't go to the gym last night. MIL usually takes DS to church with her and I try to make myself go. She didn't take him last night and he seemed to really be enjoying HOME. So, we stayed in. I made the Taco bake and managed to get DS to eat some. DH didn't come home until late which aggravated me after his comments to me about being gone every night the other day!

My brother came in (he works on our property) and tore it up. He was so excited to see it. He has enjoyed every SBD meal that I have served him. LOL! He always eats and asks for a bowl to go. We only exchange gifts for the children, but I am thinking of buying them the book and printing out my favorite recipes that I know he will like for Christmas. (it can't hurt).

I have step aerobics on my list today and for lunch I need to go to the grocery store to purchase my Thanksgiving stuff. I can't remember the last time I put potatoes in my cart! I am actually looking forward to some mashed potatoes and gravy. (but just a little!)

Well, gotta go to work!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin, chicks!! Good for you, Schatiarinna!!! I wish I could bet my butt in gear to work out, I'm sure thats why I'm losing so slow too. Ruth, hope everything works out with your surgury. Everyone else: !

Today will be spen working on my final map project for my comp class and getting books for my paper for the evolution class. Also, I teach my last official class of the semester today! Yay!! In two weeks I give finals exams but just have to sit there and make sure the little hoolums don't cheat!! Then, in 22 days I fly to CA for a month. It'll be nice to be in the same state as my bf for a while at least. Can't wait!!! Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  
beachbum

Ruth=Sending prayers out to you, Good luck on your surgery. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-17-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #8  

HUGS for our Ruthie.
Djett~ my kids like the SB recipes but not my hubby.
Schatzi~ you workout vixen!!
Pearshape~ doing the count down with you. How exciting!

Cozy morning. -3C/36F; light flurries. Delightful.I LOVE this weather. So fresh.

The Dr. Phil thing yesterday was a joke I copied. I should have clarified. I DO think life would be much simpler this way.LOL! I spent 15 year half corked and flying on carbs and was 50 lbs lighter. I should take up drinking again.LOL!
I had a pretty bad afternoon and evening on Tuesday. Spent most of yesterday feeling sad and thinking.Yesterday Hubby was trying very hard to be loving. Nice for a change.
Last night I went to do my Grandma's hair and feet. I stopped to pick up a Christmas gift for my kids from hubby's parents. It lightened up my spirits.
I had a perfect time at grandma's. Didn't really want to leave.I could have curled up and stayed.Her home is where I go back home to.
I also love being outside at night in the winter. I didn't want to come inside here either.
I am very tired of all the mess and getting no help. I woke this morning to DS vacuuming.
Christmas is all planned for Sunday and will be fun!!
We are going to a friends 40th surprise party Sat night. Looking forward to seeing these friends. It's been over a year. I think hubby should be the driver and I will indulge in some wine!
8 kids all day. I will putter around the house. Yesterday I put up a mirror and shelf in the upstairs( unfinished) bathroom so I can wash my face and brush my teeth up there.
Food was good yesterday. I haven't entered it yet but will.
HUGS friends.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone..quick drive by...gotta take dbf to work & get this darn window fixed...long story - involves a terrible landlord & the nasty wind storms!!
Have a great OP day!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning!

I forgot my gym clothes on my bed this morning. ACK! Maybe a walk in the brisk will do the trick.

Ruth -- hugs to you. If you need me to come get you upstairs, you let me know
Schatzi -- My muscle tone (what little I did have) is crappy too. I NEED to start workign out!!!

Happy day all!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #11  

I forgot to share a feel good moment for me this morning. My friend/coworker Randy, came up to me and said that his SO saw me the other day and told him she was stunned at how much weight I had lost. I haven't been getting comments like that, even with people I haven't seen in a while. I want to say, "Look at me! See how much weight I have lost!!!" Oh, well, I bet when I get another 10 pounds or so they will notice. (I also know I need to start dressing more for my size. I'm still hiding sometimes.)

I just found out that we are going to go to a New Years Party that we used to go to every year. That means a new fancy dress! I'm excited! I tried on a fancy dress off the clearance the other day. It was a size 12. I could zip it,but it wasn't comfortable. I am excited about shopping for it though! I have a new workout goal to tone, tone tone... especially my arms!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just finished up the laundry and made some turkey chili in the crockpot, so now I have a few minutes before I pick up the kids. My GD will be joining us for the afternoon, she has 1/2 day of school today. This way I get to spend some time with her, too. I think my kids get a little jealous at times that I spend more time with Audrey & Maggie than I do with my own grandchildren, but they have to realize that this is my job. It's pretty cold here - only getting up to 45*. I was trying to switch over my handbag to one that matches my coat, but I don't have one thats big enough! I tried to downsize, but I need everything I carry. Oh well, I guess I'll have to start shopping for a new one. How do some of these women get away with just a tiny little purse? Gotta run for now!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #13  

DJETT: Congrats ! You've worked for every compliment you get!!!! And ..U Have ARMS?????? I have batwings ...sigh

Jenn: hey your only a state/district away ..you can come with me heh heheh...

Pearsydew: U have a great day hon..I think you need to buy some new outfits for your trip to Cahllii-Forn-Nee-ah..I think thats the way they're pronouncing that state these days... or maybe it's just Arnuld.

HH: 36 degrees!!!! Brrrr Brrrrr...It's 45 here and that's just about as cold as I like it!

BB and Soon: you goils have a marvy day....! And Theresa...I don't think Grandmoms or mothers can function without a large tote bag!!!

OK Gotta Run...er make that Flap these Batwings and fly outta here!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

I finally back grocery shopping. Had to go early as we're having work down on our patio.Got weak after the last No'easter.

Went back to my Old Journals and see if I can try to my improvements on my Thanksgiving Dinner Plan. I going to knock out some of the grain & bread carbs, since they get me in trouble with cravings.

So far gettingrid of the crescent rolls, rice in stuffing,watch the creamed items.[onion & carrots].Planning to having high carb veggies instead and mashing them so they go down the old hatch easily,without any heartburn & indigestion later on iin the evening.

Schatzi-Good for you,and your real lucky to have a great landlord take to to the gym.I use to belong to a gym at work but since retiring I have my own vidios,bike and stepper that I exercsie too. So many of my friends sister included, have joined only to drop out when the weather got bad.

djetta-Thants a wonderful idea for your DB. He would love that more than anything esel haaving a sister that will give him great SBD recipes for him to cook & eat. Shows that you really care for him.Have fun shopping for your new dress for the New Years Eve Party.

Pearshape-Have a wonderful time with bf in California.

Holly-Grandmas are wonderful people. I never knew mine but my DD knew hers and I try the hardest be like my mom for my DGC.Sounds like your going to have a wonderful family Christmas.

Cottage-Have a great day,don't stress over handbags matching coats.

Have a good one, Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 11-17-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #15  

We were 34 this morning at that is cold for Dallas this time of year! I totally forgot I was getting a free flu shot at work and wore a really warm sweatshirt. Then I barely was able to get the sleeve up far enough. I would have really been bummed if they couldn't do the shot after spending 45 minutes in line (and a 15 minute walk from my building to the headquarters building). Hopefully I won't get sick this winter. The flu hit me so hard last year.

Best wishes, Ruth, for a safe operation and a quick recovery!
Closed Thread