Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #1  
Melissa

Smile My Buddies and Me on Core Board 33!

Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #2  
Melissa

Kathy, thank you so much for your kind words. They made me want to cry. It is a very, very, very long desert period for me. I'm very confused.

Vickie, thank you also. I think my stomach problems are work related, to a degree. I don't think it's concious, but I think that it definitely contributes. I don't know what to do.

Kim, I'm so impressed with all of your exercise. I'm a lazy bum.

Off to do laundry and look for more jobs...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I just popped in again for a moment. Have you tried www.monster.com? What about your local newspapers? Mine has a job search online for the whole southside of Chicago. Try www.kentuckyjobs.com. It sounds like you MUST make a move. Anything has to be better than staying there.

Did you change Murphy's food, or floor cleaning products? Did you wash his pillow or what he sleeps on? It sounds like fleas or an allergy.

Gotta go. I'm feeling crummy today and just want to lay on the couch with the heating pad.

Good News is that my Internist got me in the with Urologist this Wednesday. That's a whole week earlier than my orginal appointment. I guess he came through for me. I just don't understand why the Darvocet aren't working. Oh Well.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 PM   #4  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie. I think I have exhausted the internet though.
I haven't changed anything with Murphy recently. It does sound like fleas or allergies though, doesn't it?! I don't know what to do with him, I think I may call the vet.
I'm sorry that you are feeling bad. Wednesday isn't too far away.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #5  

The important thing about Monster, in my limited experience, is to have a resume and keep the "skills" section updated with everything you know. Getting a listed job is like finding a needle in a haystack, but lots of employers never post an opening, they just do a search for the skills they want. My employer found me that way.

The itchiness is probably just your heater. My dog always goes crazy licking and chewing this time of year because the heater dries his skin and he hasn't adjusted to it yet. (I'm not a vet, nor do I play one on tv, so please don't hesitate to go to the vet if you're worried.)
Old 11-14-2005, 09:29 PM   #6  
Melissa

Tanya, That was funny. I hadn't thought about that! We haven't really had the heat on too much, but it has been on some, and it definitely isn't as cool as usual in here. That is a great idea. Thanks.
I have used Monster in the past and found it to be a big waste of time. I think if I lived in a larger city it might be more useful.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #7  
Melissa

I'm all alone here tonight.
I just read that we are at moderate risk for severe storms (tornado) here tonight and tomorrow. I hate this! The last time this happened there were major tornadoes in the middle of the night and several people died (a few weeks ago). I am petrified of tornadoes.
OK, well I am headed to bed, if I can sleep!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #8  
Melissa

OK now they're saying tornado/storm possibilities tomorrow, and snow flurries on Wednesday!!
OK, I'm really going to bed now. It's not good to talk to yourself.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, I think Murphy and Zuki have been talking during the day while we're at work. Zuki is back to concentrating on his wanker and we're just beside ourselves about it. Judd says we're waiting until after Christmas to put him back in the hospital; meanwhile we are coning him during the day. That used to work fine but now he's figured out a "reach around" technique that gives him the same results. I swear, I've never been so tired of seeing a dog's lipstick ... Okay back to Murphy. Our vet used to recommend opening a Vitamin E capsule and squeezing it on their food. it's good for dry skin.

I read Aaron's blogs regularly. The one about deserts really hit home with me. I think I'm in one too ... and all I can tell myself is "God's time, not mine." I'm not exactly a patient person but maybe that's the lesson He's trying to teach me.

Vickie, congratulations on those 2 pounds gone forever! Yes, forever!! I was so happy to see that!

Frouf, if your DH got that job, we would throw him a big party! I'm sure everything in your household would simmer down SO much ... I would bet the stress of being out of work for this past year has negatively impacted his relationship with the older 2. Everything is magnified when the stress sets in.

Kim, I had a heart cath last year and it was so cool. They used the angioseal instead of lying flat for many hours. All I had to do was carry that emergency card for 3 months and finally the seal dissolved. I have two narrowings but it wasn't enough to do angioplasty or a stent procedure, or even start Plavix. I'm just watching it.

Well, the quilt top is done and Judd has taken a picture. He said he would upload it for me tomorrow night. We have a lot of pictures to take for ebay, like a bunch of 1998 CVS Misfit ornaments and plush to list. I bought multiple sets several years ago and they've been sitting in storage untouched. I think I'll just get rid of them. Too bad they aren't the 12" figures instead of the 6" -- a 12-set of 12" just closed recently for more than $400. Can you imagine? I have 12 Enesco ornaments and 12 CVS 6" plush. We'll see what happens.

Shaun may have gotten a job today at an insurance company. I talked to him at 2:45 and he had to be over there at 3:30 for his third interview. It sounded promising. He also said he would be home tonight so I could get the info to pay his car insurance which was due last Thursday. Judd and I decided we would pay it as a Christmas gift. He said he would also do some housework because the other day I said if he's not going to work, he can get busy around the house. So ... it's 9:41 and he's not here? Hmmm ... wonder why not and where he is. I'm not waiting up but you better believe when I talk to him tomorrow, I'm dropping the hammer on him. His frickin' room is a frickin' mess. I had to go scouting for dishes and found them in his pigsty. It's ridiculous, especially since he's been home for a month. GRRRR!!!

I think J is ready for bed now, so I must close out this chapter of my book. I sure do write a lot when I get going.

Oh and as if I wasn't sick enough of the first quilt, I went ahead and started my parents'. I'll hopefully get it done within the next few days so that I can start another for Judd's mom right after Thanksgiving. He decided that would be a good gift for her. Our parents are just too darn hard to shop for. You'll like the one for my mom -- it's cool. I just have to decide on his mom's pattern but if he likes my mom's, I'll make him help me buy fabric to match her family room. Now that I'm over my mental block about quilting, I'm on a roll. It has taken me 3 years to climb back on the horse; my sister's was the last one I made and I could hardly stand to look at the sewing machine after she died.

Okay ... I swear I'm done now.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 AM   #10  
Kim

Kathy-it's good that you had the heart cath. The angioseal is cool. There are 3 closure devices we use, but angioseal's probably the most popular right now. Now you have peace of mind knowing what your coronary arteries look like. I'm curious to know what mine look like, I think. We have a very significant cardiac history in my family. My dad had a triple bypass at the age of 37. That's one of the reason I'm trying to get healthier. I feel like exercise plays a significant role and cutting out the processed foods helps so much too.

Melissa-good luck with your job search.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya123
The important thing about Monster, in my limited experience, is to have a resume and keep the "skills" section updated with everything you know. Getting a listed job is like finding a needle in a haystack, but lots of employers never post an opening, they just do a search for the skills they want. My employer found me that way.

The itchiness is probably just your heater. My dog always goes crazy licking and chewing this time of year because the heater dries his skin and he hasn't adjusted to it yet. (I'm not a vet, nor do I play one on tv, so please don't hesitate to go to the vet if you're worried.)
I manage a small office and have made several hires exactly this way. I agree with Tanya.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:07 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Default gonna drink that milk

Froufy - I just read your post and the links to the articles on the benefits of calcium. Being a guy, I never concerned myself much with this. You've really given me something to think about. I will pay more attention to this from now on. Thanks!

As I think more about this, I am wondering about the role this may play in childhood obesity. Much has been written about the increase in soda consumption and the role it plays in giving so many of our kids problems. The extra sugar surely is a factor, but I wonder how much of that is attributable to the decrease in calcium since the kids aren't drinking as much milk? We have never let the kids drink much soda, although we have been slipping lately and now let them have 2 servings/week and 1/day when we are on vacation. They are, thankfully, at very healthy weights, and they drink plenty of milk.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning, All!

Danny, I think calcium is important for all. Great job you're doing with your kids. More parents should be this vigilant. I'm the daughter of a milkman (no jokes please!) and I grew up with bountiful amounts of dairy in the house. Whenever I was hungry between meals my Mom would tell me to have a piece of cheese or a glass of milk. Unfortunately, I am a cheese/milk addict. Eating the FF stuff is hard for me but I force myself because I feel it is so important.

Melissa, I'm sorry. I should have known that you would already have known about all those internet sites. I just feel so helpless. I'm convinced that a job change is the only thing that will help you. As a former recruiter, the other thing that will help is your network. Let everyone you know that you are looking for new employment. You never know when you'll run into someone who knows someone! Have you thought about employment with the state or federal government? I'm not really sure what you do so I don't know if that would be a good fit or not. The benefits are great. I hate tornadoes too. I hope you had a restful night.

Kim, I have heart disease in my family too (both parents) so I'm valiantly trying to get this weight off and reduce my cholesterol and blood pressure. We can get healthier together.

Kathy, I know your quilts are going to be beautiful and much appreciated. I can't wait to see the pictures. Poor Zuki. I sure wish things were resolved with him. Would Shaun getting a job be a great Christmas present for you?! I don't understand what's up with kids. If I had a free place to stay and food in my belly, not only would my room be spotless but I'd be cleaning the rest of the house too and taking out the trash! Sheesh.

Frouf, how are you? Any news on the job front for DH? I gotta tell you that I danced a little happy dance here for you when I read the news. It sounds like your and DH's luck might be changing. I'm praying AND I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Well, I'm off to eat breakfast now. I actually went to bed a little hungry which is unusual for me. I've been trying to cut back a bit since I'm not exercising. Oh.....and I said that my appointment was on Wednesday but it's really on Thursday. I also need to call my Doctor and ask him for stronger Darvocet if there is such a thing. I'll be lucky if he gives me any kind of a refill at all. Harumpf.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

P.S. It's COLD here and we have had the heat on for a while. I usually keep it at 69 or 70 during the day and 67 at night. That is the most frugal I can be!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

Hey well guess who never came home last night at all? I'm a little more than ticked, so paying that insurance bill is the last thing on my mind right now.

I had nothing to wear this morning. Okay I did find something but couldn't find shoes, so I borrowed some from Kate but they were too big. I ended up going to Target this morning on the way to work and buying a pair. They're also a half size too big but at least they don't slip up and down the way hers did. I've got a headache and am in a pretty pissy mood right now, so hopefully everyone will leave me alone. (Not you guys ... I mean my work peeps.)
Closed Thread