General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default need some advice

Hi everyone,
Today is mysisters birthday and the entire family is going to red lobster for dinner. This is really not to bad of a choice, but I need soem help on geeting prepped for the questions that will difinitly come with my eating style. I have only been out to eat with my aunt since starting LAWL and she is really the only one who knowsI am on the programa nd she doesn't really know to much about it.
My family is the type to make fun of me the entire night if i am sitting there eating grilled shrimp while they are eating the never ending shrimp that is much cheaper. I can easily pass on the rolls, but the never ending shrimp comes either fried, scampi or with pasta (all a no,no)

I am saving a P P S S Fat for tonoght and evne thought I will have uised up most of my veggies, I do plan on getting a salad to make me full before the foood comes out. Any suggestions woudl truley help. I don't think the problem is me thinking I can't make the right choices. Its more so that I will have 15 other people staring at me and making comments all night, so maybe there is no way that you all can help
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Maybe they will surprise you and instead of making jokes, they will be raving about how thin you are looking. Put on the outfit that shows your loss the best and tell them you are all about making better choices for you and your son's future, so that you will be healthy for a long time. You could bring up the Oprah where she had Dr Oz on and he showed what bad habits can turn your body into (thats real dining conversation, LOL!). GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey twin,

Good luck on your outing. I have also been mulling over how to handle social events without drawing attention to my new eating regime....and of course getting through without making bad choices.

What I am going to try is:
-drink tons of H2O before the event.
-indulge in at least one goody - so I don't feel deprived/hard done by.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #4  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Shennie - I feel for you. I come from a large competitive family and dread the
family get together questions and comments that come too. I think that you might
be surprised like Deets said maybe they will just be blown away by your weight loss
and not comment on what you are eating, and if they do maybe your Aunt will step
in and tell them to knock it off. If they do start keep it short and sweet, just say
you are trying something different for a change and by the way this night is not about
me its about (insert name here) and her birthday! Then if they continue I would do my
best to 1) eat all the salad I can 2) if I feel totally pressured try 1 or 2 small bites of the other and then push it around on my plate 3) Tell your self over and over that they are just jealous that you have been successful and they haven't? I know how hard it can be around family why do they have to be our toughest critics? My thoughts will be with you, but you know what I just have this feeling that its gonna go a lot better than you think!!

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 01-12-2006 at 11:03 AM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #5  

Shennie, I never mind my family picking at me a little bit...I know they love me!

As for the food pushing, just tell them to eat their own food and you'll eat yours. You know, if you give in to their desires you'll be so mad at yourself for not sticking to your plan.

You've got a good plan, just follow it and let the chips fall where they may!

Good luck to you!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I had my salad and ordered the grilled shrimp, but did have 2 shrimp scampi's with the butter soaked up into a napkin first. Also had a few (more than 5, less than 10) fried shrimp and a roll, but that was my fault, no one forced it on me. I did turn down the birthday cake, and it was Almira's (my favorite cake in the whole wide world) I saved my PPSSFVV for the dinner, so I hope I didn't do too bad. But I am downing the water

My son brought himself home a slice and I told him that he can have it for snakc after school tomorrow, but that I needed hom to put it up in the kitchen and not tell me where he put it (I know that after i get OP, it is soo easy for me to keep going, so I just wanted to prepare)

Overall, I am really happy that my little sister is 18 and I had fun and I don't care what the scale says tommorrow, the scale can not weigh out my happineess
Old 11-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #7  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

WoooHoooo glad it went better than you thought. Sounds like you did good overall!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

You couldnt have said it any better WAY TO GO, life is for living..sadly we are reminded of that even here on this board with Mary's dad...enjoy the moment How old is your son, by the way- he looks adorable.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #9  

Shennie - WTG - did anyone say anything? Truly, your DS will only be 18 once -- enjoy the family occasions!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 AM   #10  

Thanks everyone, I am going to wait until tommorrow to look for the damage after another day of water and lemons

But i did enjoy myself and by the deets that picture is sooo old, but it is still my favorite. He will actually be 9 next month and that picture is when he was 4
Old 11-15-2005, 03:13 PM   #11  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

It sounds like you did great! The most important thing that we need to remember is that it is not about the food, it is about the event, and it sounds like that is exactly what you did.
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote