South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Default Phase 1 ..starting Sunday, Nov 13, 2005

...Any one want to start over with me? I started SBD officially on July 11, 2005 and lost 13lbs...but, to no avail, I stopped, but I didn't gain a pound back (thank God for that ). So I'm hiring a personal trainer and getting my act together. Good luck to you all!!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #2  
barb

Height: 5'7

I would love to try I just started last week and blew it Friday. I am also going away this weekend, so I know I will not do well. But I will try for 6days anyway. With the holidays approaching it will be very difficult. I may have to go to phase 2 at thanksgiving . let me know what you think I may not be the best out there. I also did this a year ago and lost 16pds but gained that back plus more . Any way life is normal for me again a nd I am looking forward to loosing more weight.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #3  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Old 11-13-2005, 12:47 AM   #4  

Sunkissed- I will rejoin you. I have been off for quite some time, maintaining my weight thank goodness, but off point none the less. Anyway, I feel like my poor choices in food are making this semester in college a little more stressful than it needs to be (making me feel more tired than I should be). I found out my best friend is coming home for christmas, he was in Iraq for a year, and before that he was stationed over in Japan, so its been almost 23 months since I have seen him, and I would love to look great and surprise him when he comes back for Christmas. After he comes home for christmas he is going back for his second 1 year tour of duty in Iraq. So i have the motivation, i just need the support right now. Anyway, if you still need a buddy, I am offering my services.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #5  
Obsessive Poster

I just restarted Phase 1 this morning. I've been meaning to for a couple of weeks now. Mmm. Eggs for breakfast again.

Breakfast is always my hardest meal in Phase 1.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:50 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'll be joining you all...starting tomorrow and hoping that I can detox all the junk I consumed this weekend out of my system!

I have the first meeting of a new book club tomorrow night. I'm planning to eat before I go, bring an appetizer with me that I can eat (probably veggies with dip and hummus) and bring a dessert I can eat as well. that all goes well!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I'll be doing a week on P1 too, starting today! Camping food needs to be cleansed from my system!!
Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good chickies! I can't join this round but will try Phase I again before Christmas.

I changed the title of this thread slightly so that other (new) folks would feel free to join in.

Best of luck but rely on planning!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #9  

count me in!! I lost 19 pounds but slipped away and now I am up 5 lbs so today i have to restart maybe with some support I can get back on!!! Good luck girls!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #10  

I will be joining up with you all. I have been m.i.a. for a couple of months but have been sticking to the exercise and diet so no damage done (thank goodness!). I almost half way to my goal so I would like to kick-start myself so I can make it to my goal in the time frame I had hoped.
Good luck with phase I everyone

Nilla
Old 11-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #11  
Exercise Queen

I'm joining you, I started phase one yesterday. So far veggies at breakfast is my biggest challenge. Actually veggies period are a challenge for me.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #12  

StageMom,

I know what you mean by getting the veggies into the morning meal. I usually make eggs with some sort of vegetable incorporated in them. Yesterday I made a fritatta with broccoli, cauliflower and a little bit of sun dried tomato pesto and a sprinkle of cheese. Another favourite is to make a ratatouille with oven roasted veggies, spoon it on top of scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of feta cheese.

Maybe these ideas might help you think of other ways to get your veggies in the morning.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #13  
Exercise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NillaWafer
Yesterday I made a fritatta with broccoli, cauliflower and a little bit of sun dried tomato pesto and a sprinkle of cheese. Another favourite is to make a ratatouille with oven roasted veggies, spoon it on top of scrambled eggs with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Thanks for the ideas. What is a ratouille? I think I'm going to have to get some V8 juice for in the mornings.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:36 PM   #14  

Ratatouille is a veggie mix that is kind of stewed together with tomatoes. It has eggplant, onions, bell peppers and herbs. It is nice to make a big batch on the weekends and have it sitting in the fridge to use anytime I need it. My favourite recipe is from the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook, the only thing I do different is roast the veggies in the oven before combining them.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 PM   #15  
barb

Height: 5'7

I can not really join until after the thanksgiving holiday. Ifanyone is interested let me know . I will be ready on that monday. I just have too much going on
Closed Thread