Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Exercise Clothing

I usually wear a T-shirt and shorts when I am in the gym. My T-shirt ends up becoming soaked with sweat and it just feels gross. After I've cooled off, my wet shirt is sticking to me, my bra is wet, and I'm all clammy. I'm not into wearing skimpy tank tops that would hug all my rolls--what I wear is one of my old 2X Ts and a pair of spandex shorts. Is there something I can wear that won't get as wet as a cotton T-shirt? Are there bras that don't soak up sweat? I'm just not up on exercise clothing at all.

All suggestions welcome!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Coolmax stuff is amazing! It wicks away the moisture...all I need is a pair of socks and I'll be a Coolmax machine...hoping for Christmas stocking stuffer from BF. I usually just try and find stuff on sale at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc but if you search online you should be able to find some deals as well. Good luck--banish that cotton stuff! I'm still sweaty after working out but it's much more comfortable.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I just use old trousers and t-shirts... can't really get decent sports where in the UK unless your skinny!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Try some of the links in this thread- I got some great ideas here.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68056
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #5  

I love Coolmax, too. There are different names...another one is Ultimax. I have found coolmax socks at really cheap places like Big Lots. I think that cotton absorbs all your sweat and so you're just wearing soggy clothes, but the blend that they make cool max stuff actually allows your sweat to evaporate. I also stopped having thigh rashes, etc. when I switched to coolmax.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #6  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm another Coolmax chick . LL Bean sells Coolmax short sleeve shirts for something like $19. I have 3 of them. I actually just bought one of their Coolmax turtlenecks for cross-country skiing this winter.

I used to work out in cotton t-shirts, and it was just WRETCHED. I think if you get a Coolmax top, you'll enjoy working out a lot more -- you won't BELIEVE the difference, and you'll kick yourself for suffering in cotton for so long. And many sports bras now have Coolmax (or similar) material to help absorb sweat. I even have Coolmax socks, and they are TERRIFIC!! No more eewwy-gooey sweaty feet when I do weights after cardio .
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #7  
Mel

Check out the workout wear at Target. They sell a couple of lines that are really nice and much less expensive than anywhere else. Champion makes a whole line of workout cothes for them, including bras that don't get soggy. I bought a couple at Target and the seem exactly the same as the ones I bought at Sports Authority for twice the price.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to check out all your suggestions. Can't wait to get rid of those soggy cotton Ts.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

AHHHHHH, Coolmax will be your friend for life once you try it!! I wear EVERYTHING Coolmax now, bras, socks, underwear, shorts, capris, you get my gist ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #10  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

I found coolmax sports bras and a tank top at Walmart. (Hecka cheap - like 5 bucks each!) I got 2 sports bra's they work great. The only part that is kinda annoying is that they give me a bad case of uniboob. (Kinda like unibrow = Bert from Sesame Street.) Anyone find a sports bra with coolmax that allows the girls to stay separate but equal?
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if mine has coolmax in it or not but I have an everlast that's not bad and holds mine in place without giving me the uniboob look. I clipped the description of it for you.

The women's Supplex® Racerback bra from Everlast® is made with a durable blend of Supplex® nylon and Lycra® spandex. The bra is designed with a full front lining, flat lock seaming and a racerback, which allows for a full range of movement. The Supplex® fabrics in the bra are highly breathable, quick-drying and hold their shape
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #12  

Thanks!! Sounds like it fits the bill. Just that it breaths and drys quick is good enuf for me.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:09 AM   #13  

Duh - there's a sticky at the top of this forum....

Nevermind....