Old 11-11-2005, 08:33 PM   #1  
TemporaryFatChick

Default Measuring success

The tyranny of the scale... ewwwwwww! We all know the scale can be friend or foe depending on TOM, weather, salt intake, added muscle, even interference from evil fat elves. So my question is, what are all the ways to measure success? All I can come up with, other than the scale, is my measurements. The thing is, I know the day will come when they don't budge either - been there, done that, gave up and gained. I don't want to get discouraged and quit this time, I want it to be the LAST time I ever struggle to loose a large amount of weight. I want to be prepared with loads of ways to measure my success when things get tough, and I thought I'd pick your collective brain and see what other ideas you have.

Thanks!
Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Well, how about knowing that you're making healthy eating choices and have more energy and FEEL better??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

here are a couple...
~ your clothes fit better or are tooooo big and you have to buy new ones
~ your hair is fuller, and shiney
~ your skin is clear and bright
~ you just might loose a shoe size or 2 (I did)...makes shoe shopping alot more fun when your not wearing an 11 !!
~ more fun in the bedroom
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote