Old 11-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #1  

Default "If I worked here..." - How would you improve your COD?

I was thinking just this thing the other day. I found myself saying, "If I worked for LAWL I would..."

1) Keep the success story taping running in the lobby at all times. It is motivating! This is opposed to my COD running the tape with the volume down and the radio blaring. Not everyone likes hip-hop.
2) Have small samples of the lites, snacks and perhaps a recipe for people to try. (Even though I don't personally care for them, I know there are those who do, they might find a new flavor they like)
3) Not look at my clients with $$ in my eyes! I would realize that every person who succeeds would mean more clientelle.
4) Help clients plan their week, looking forward to any challenges that may be coming.
5) Not have the center's sales goals in view of clients - just not a good idea!

I'm sure there are more! What do ya think?

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #2  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Good thread Andi!

If I worked at My LAWL COD I would....

1) Try my best to give everyone the service they paid for.

2) Accomodate everyone - even handicapped people. Hey you took their money you can give them what they paid for.

3) Try and give the people a consistent counselor if possible. It is frustrating for the counselor and the client when they are switched all the time.

Hmmmm I could go on all day!!

LOL
Beanie

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 01-12-2006 at 10:45 AM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

My center is pretty good- no high pressure sales, no turnover, just the addition of MORE staff to help. We have that motivational video on in the lobby everyday and tons of before and afters, although they never took a before for me I have thought this same thing too, heres mine:

1. Buy a friggin coat rack! My center doesnt have one and by the time I change, I am carrying my bag, my coat, my other pants and such...a coat rack would help!

2. Paper robes. I hate wearing my WI pants, they are ridiculously huge at this point and I wish I could weigh in as close to naked as possible

3. Continued promotions for # of visits and stuff like that.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #4  

Ha - I love this idea - I had fantasized about Julie's Weight Loss Centers --

Andi- my center does run those tapes almost all the time - maybe a gentle suggestion to restart it?

1. I'd pay the counselors enough so that they wouldn't push the products.
2. I'd give more consistant training about real life choices - I live in a metro area, with lots of ethnic choices.
3. Increase the carb craver choices to make them more flexible -- (this is not a center problem, but a program problem)

Probably more - but will think on it.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #5  

Ok i am sure i will think of more as I go through the day, but number one would be to cut commissions. I would allow them to still recive credit for a new person who comes in, but then I would focus my "commission" more on customer satisfaction.
Maybe a points system were you get __ points for someone joining and __ points for going above and beyond and ___ points when your person makes it to their goal, etc. Then they can get a "bonus" based on that. When i searched on the web, I found so many complaints about LAWL. They would definetly make more money by having customers who don't feel like they were taken advantage of. Think of the enthusiasm you would use to tell everyone you knew about how nice the counselors are and you still lost and they seemed like they really cared. Rather than tring to figure out a nice way to say that I had to lie about not using lites, etc. etc.

Although i would like to have the same counselor each time, I am too scared i would be stuck with the one forever, so I won't ask for that one yet.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #6  

Julie - my COD runs the tape with the volume down so the counselors can blare their hip-hop music. Very grating on the ol' nerves! I did mention one day to one of the girls that they should turn off the radio when clients were in the lobby so they could hear the tape. I had been sitting out there with 3 other ladies - all who were leaning over to try to hear the video tape! Hilarious! I told her that the videos were an "I can do this, too!" shot in the arm for people and a great sales tool, to which she replied, "But we like to listen to the music." I wanted to say, "But you're not listening now, you're going over the program with me..." but, hey, what do I know??

If we're going to talk program changes

1) definitely expand Carb Cravers - maybe giving guidelines on how to design one of your own to fit your needs.
2) a program for people who just don't like that much protien!! I'd give up a protien to have some more starch! Please...
3) how about some Jenny Craig/Weight Watcher options - sell me some muffins, cheesecake, cookies - something really good that makes me feel like I'm not on a diet. I loved the Jenny Craig commercial where Kirstie Alley whispered "they have chocolate cake!" Let me eat cake!!

I think I would also like to have some counselors who have actually lost weight on the program. There is only one girl at our center who is actually on the program and she's still not really overweight. The other two (who just quit) were naturally skinny people who haven't a clue - still nice girls, but they were clueless. One of them told me, "I saw one of my clients at Olive Garden. Now, why would anyone want to go to Olive Garden if they are overweight?" I just looked at her! What do you say? "Gee, we fatties like food??"

This is fun - even though I know it ain't happenin'!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxchick
"Gee, we fatties like food??"
Andi
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

andi - I literally spit diet pepsi on the computer screen at the "we fatties like food." I cannot believe some of the comments people can make.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:45 AM   #9  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Okay I thought of one. Maybe have an actual nutritionist on staff at the COD. That way you could make appointments like once a month everyone could meet with the nutritionist and get one on one? What do you think?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #10  

Wonderful idea beanie!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #11  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Hey Sheenie Awesome 165! I just noticed! Do you weigh in again today or tomorrow?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #12  

I'm going to the COD in about an hour, but I know they will probably have me at about 167-168, with clothes water and food, but they are not going to take my joy away today.

You should have seen my I weigh 165 dance!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #13  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

You should have seen me the other day I was the opposite...went to the dr for the first time since starting LAWL and his scale had me ten pd over the LAWL scale. I was

Heres a dance so the COD scale will show 165 or better! Good luck
Old 11-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #14  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

I love all these ideas, maybe we should print them out and send them to our COD's. (By the way, what does that mean?)

I think that they should offer a sampling of the 'treats' they offer. I don't want to buy the pasta twisties and whind up hating them, I'd like to try them first.
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #15  

COD= center of Doom