South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #1  

Default Huge phase one loss, should i worry?

I am officially starting my second week on the beach and lost 10.5 lbs the first week! Although I'm excited by this, i wonder if it's ok. I started at 257.5, am currently 247, and my goal weight is 140...sooo...i have about 107 lbs to go. Since I have so much to loose, could this have been mostly water weight? I just want to see what other people think! Thank you!!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #2  
it's always something

Congratulations on a great start! I agree that it would be safe to assume that a good portion of that is water. When you first begin a diet, you are usually holding more excess water weight than someone who has been dieting. So you lose a lot more during the first couple of weeks. It will all even out later, so don't worry if you even gain back a little or if it looks like you've stalled, since it will also probably be water. Remember that you have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume to lose one pound of fat, and most people lose about 1 or 2 pounds of fat per week. But at the same time, that 10lb drop must be very exciting and it shows that you can make changes with planning sticking to it Keep this up and you'll have no problems reaching your goal. Good luck!!!

Old 11-07-2005, 08:35 PM   #3  

Welcome to 3FC.. and congrats on the weightloss.. I am sure that if you are eating the recommended amounts of vegies etc at every meal then it is probably ok... how are you feeling? Do you feel healthy? If so.. that is probably the best indicator!

Join us in the daily chat and tell us about yourself... pull up a deck chair
Old 11-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #4  

So far I feel great! I've been eating pretty close to the recommended everything and found it to be the easiest WOE I've ever tried! I'm not hungry, i'm not tired, i'm not cranky...AND i'm losing weight. A little about me...well....I graduated from college in June and have been looking for a career orented job but haven't found one yet, until i do I'm working in a BAKERY, a really good one at that. The best part about this all is I use to have an insatiable sweet tooth and now I can serve pastries and not even blink, amazing! I'm 23 yo and have battled my weight for as long as i can remember. Thank you all for you kind words, it really makes a difference to have someone cheering you on!!
Old 11-08-2005, 01:31 AM   #5  

Well that is great to hear .... good luck
Old 11-08-2005, 02:21 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Congrats, hehe! Isn't it wonderful to be free from cravings?

I lost 13 pounds my first week and 15 my second week for a total of 28. It slowed down quite a bit in P2, but was still, on average, about 5 pounds a week for about four months. Now it's less than 2 a week. When you have a lot to lose, it comes off faster at first, and the water is definitely part of the loss. Don't stress as long as you are eating healthy and consuming 3 meals plus 3 snacks, okay? Make sure you keep drinking your water to keep things going in the right direction.

Glad to hear of such great success and how you are enjoying the results!
Closed Thread