WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #1  

Default Butternut squash

I know butternut squash is a veggie but is it zero points?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #2  

For one cup it is one point
Old 11-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #3  

I love butternut squash! They sell small cubes of it frozen at Sprouts and Trader Joes has a bag of small cubes in the produce section that you just pop in the microwave. I also buy the whole squash, but the precut type is great! I even had butternut squash for a snack this week. YUMMY STUFF!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

How many cups do you think are in an average squash? I know it depends on size but any clue roughly? And are you supposed to eat the skin like a potato for extra fiber? Sorry I am pretty ignorant about these things..
Old 11-14-2005, 02:29 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I've never heard of anyone eating the skin, it would be quite tough. Just eyeballing a medium size squash I would say 4 - 5 cups cubed. Thats a tough question.

You can get butternut squash soup from cambells, its new and its in a gold carton. Its 100 calories for 1 cup and oh so tasty and filling. Its got a little kick to it but not a bad one. I eat it every day

You can also buy it frozen mashed/pureed in the frozen section of your grocers freezer.

And NO, your not ignorant, your learning I didn't know what butternut squash was until about 5 years ago and I'm 41

Its one of my favorite veggies
Closed Thread