Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #1  

Default Yogurt, fat free, sugar free...Core?!?

Is fat free, sugar free yogurt core? If not, Why?

Alicia
Old 11-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

The first answer is no. Only PLAIN FF yogurt is marked Core. The second answer is I don't know.

The most likely reason is that they say it might be a trigger food for some people. Personally, I can barely choke down a 4 oz. container so there's no way it's a trigger for me. If and when I can manage to eat it, I count it as what we call "Core-enough."
Old 11-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #3  

I have never seen fat free, sugar free yogurt! Where do you get it? I want to check it out?

Lisa
Old 11-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #4  

I was told at my WW center was that fruit or flavored ff sf yogurt can be abused - that is you may want to eat 5 containers at once or eat it all day long and think you are on Core (but without healthy fruits and veggies - you are having milk and splendra).

I've seen large containers of FF SF plain yogurt more than the other. You can use it in recipies as well. I believe on Core you can eat it with fruit and splendra and have it be Core ( I am sure someone will jump in and correct me otherwise) - takes more effort therefore not as much chance to abuse.

Although anything is possible!

Sue
Old 11-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I personally (like kathy) cannot imagine abusing yogurt! I have a lot of problems getting my dairy in so I am happy if I can get in some ff/sf yogurt - and I do count it as core - I would have at most one a day - but honestly probably only a few times per week? There are some good brands I have tried (Source in Canada has some excellent flavors like apple crumble vanilla) sweetened w/aspartame or splenda.

I also find these more convenient for snacking and taking to work as I know I may not sometimes take the time to mix up plan ff yogurt w/fruit or other stuff!
Old 11-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #6  

Default Where to find ff,sf yougurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl73160
I have never seen fat free, sugar free yogurt! Where do you get it? I want to check it out?

Lisa
Lisa,

Here in Arkansas, I get it at Kroger (Kroger brand) and Wal-mart, Blue Bunny brand! They are both sweetened with Splenda, which I prefer! It just allows me to feel as if I'm getting a treat! I'll have maybe one per day! Since you can count ff, sf pudding and jello as core, I don't see the difference!

Alicia
Old 11-06-2005, 04:56 PM   #7  

I agree - I cannot see eating more than one a day - its either breakfast or a snack in the afternoon. Very quick and satisfying. I have been loving Yoplait - they have a new apple pie one that is great - reminds me of the Dannon one with the fruit at the bottom.

I honestly can't see not counting them as Core. I think a protest is in order.

I wish I could find Blue Bunny dairy items where I live - I saw a lot of coupons on Smartsource for it.

Sue
Closed Thread