General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #1  
Puggy Balboa

Talking Anyone See Trading Spouses & The Crazy Lady Lastnight?

I just have to know. I don't know anyone who's seen it besides myself and my mother. There was a Christian lady who just about lost her mind on lastnight's show. She's so nuts, they're doing another show on her next week.

I shouldn't laugh, but thinking of some of her quotes, I can't stop.

Like telling the camera crew, "Get the f*^& out of my house! In Jesus' name I pray."

Just curious if anywhere out there also saw it and had a laugh.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Yup me and hubby watched it last night. I don't even watch the show, but after seeing the previews for it, I couldn't help myself. I just had to watch it. She was out of control. All I could think of was this woman is crazy.

I have to say I was laughing too. She was all paranoid about the star that they had on the garage/shed. She automatically thought it was evil. My DH said it's not really considered a pentagram unless it is a circle. How about the part where she was complaining about something smelling. No one else could smell it. I think she thought the house was tainted with evil.

And she really flips when she gets home. We have to wait til next Wednesday to find out more. I think she was mad because the woman wasn't a Christian and she did astrological charts and hypnosis.

I'll be tuning in to see the second half.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #3  
Puggy Balboa

OMG, the star thing! I couldn't believe how the guy with the long hair could keep so calm about her rantings. Trying to convince her it was just a star. It was obvious!

I also thought she believed the house was evil so it smelled. The kids find her ridiculous. I think she didn't feel good about not having little ones jump right up to put ice on her neck!

Next week should be incredible! Good for a big laugh.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #4  

I watched the show, and I have to say I found it more frightening than funny. Yes, the woman is clearly mentally ill, but at the same time she was the only force of evil I noticed on the show. Narrow-minded, smug, sanctimonious, lazy... the kind of person who gives Christians a bad name. As if believing oneself to be born again is an excuse for intolerance and unkindness. And only her Christianity was good enough? What about the "psychic" who tried to tell her about his own Christian beliefs? (I'm pretty skeptical of psychics myself, but see no need to treat them like the devil.) Or the husband who said grace to help her feel more at ease? I have to say, IMHO religious extremism of any variety is profoundly disturbing, and the drama queen delivery didn't make it any more appealing. With any luck her pastor and friends will see her performance and stage an intervention. I saw a soul in need of saving. I might suggest psychological help, but I seem to remember psychology being mentioned as another variety of the devil's work...
Old 11-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #5  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I totally agree with you Carla. She seemed very closed minded about things. They might be her beliefs but she was condeming them before getting to know them. Especially the psychic. She was totally against him. Her thought was he can't be Christian and be a psychic. He was pure evil in her eyes.

I really felt bad for the other woman. The crazy ladies friends treated her like she had the plague just because she wasn't a Christian. The obviously assumed that she was into practicing evil. I don't hate or treat someone badly because they do not believe the way that I do. I have an open mind.

She is definitely in need of some help for herself and her family. That poor husband, he does everything for her. She saw the little one break a glass and inside of cleaning it up, she walks by her DH and tells him to do it.

I honestly don't think she realizes how she sounds. Maybe they'll play it back for her and she can see how badly she really looked on the show.

I always have to wonder what exactly are they wanting or expecting to get out of the show. Obviously she has seen it before and should have realized they would put her with a family with different beliefs then her own.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #6  

OMG I saw this last night. That woman is just too far gone! She didn't even give them a chance. I've been to many Solstice celebrations and I saw absoultely nothin wrong with what they were doing. And the smell thing? She's got to have some serious issues if she is running around on tv vomiting, or pretending to, over a smell that no one else can smell.

I kind of felt bad for the long haired guy. Here he is doing his job and she starts flipping out because a psychic sat next to her! That's just wrong. Oh and another thing she was ranting and raving about the psychic and said she thought psychology was evil. Well she obviously doesn't know what she's talking about and someone might want to tell her that being a psychic and s psychologist are two different things.

I know shows like this love the ratings and I'm sure this one got plenty but the execs really should have pulled the plug on this one. She needs help and they just exploited it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #7  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

That lady WAS scary!! And her Christian friends treated the other mom like crap! It is VERY sad that the media continually exploits religious extremists...no matter the religion. Even sadder that some folks are thinking that's really how a devout Christian behaves... Did you see the look on that little girl's face in the trailer for next week when her grandmother starts freaking out...she was terrified!! So, so sad...

On another note, I did laugh out loud at the hypnosis part...lol. The new age-y mom tried hypnosis on the oldest daugher of the Christian mom and it went something like this:

Mom: "Close your eyes, relax, and repeat after me"

M: "yada, yada, yada"
Daughter: "yada, yada, yada"

M: "blah, blah, blah"
D: "blah, blah, blah"

M: "mmm bop whoop-de-doo"
D: (silence)

M: keeps talking and then...

"on the count of five, you will wake up"

"1...you are starting to wake up"
(daughter is sound asleep)

"2...you are becoming aware of your body"

"3...you are starting to move around"

"4...your eyes open"

"5...you are now fully awake"
(daughter is still sound asleep)

(thinking "hmm....this isn't working...")
(moves microphone up to speaker causing feedback)

(daughter finally wakes up to weird noise)

D: Thank you, that was wonderful. (Then offside to the camera: "I'm not really sure what was supposed to happen but I got a nice little nap...")

HILARIOUS!!! LOL
Old 11-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

On another another note (haha), I think a lot of the "Christian" mom's problem had to do with lack of education...you could tell she was mainly just repeating things she'd heard, probably at a pentecostal tent revival...lol. (And yes I can say that b/c my church is pentecostal...haha!) Plus, her jab about psycology...I think she only used that word because "psychic" sounds like "psychology"...not because she actually thinks psychology is bad. She said a few things on the show that sounded quite uneducated. Not to mention if she were secure in her faith she wouldn't feel so afraid...pity maybe, a longing to spread the gospel to them probably, but not fear.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #9  

Quote:
Not to mention if she were secure in her faith she wouldn't feel so afraid...pity maybe, a longing to spread the gospel to them probably, but not fear.
Christy your exactly right. I've had many, what I call bible thumpers, come to my door and when I tell them I'm not interested and that I am Wiccan I have gotten a few scared run away type of looks but the ones that are truely doing it because they want to are the ones that will come in and talk with me about my beliefs as well as theirs. I think she's scared of things she doesn't know and understand and plays the religion card to attempt to cover it up but it just makes her look looney.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:47 PM   #10  
Puggy Balboa

I always look at it like this, if you put yourself in a place where you will be judged by the public, then the public has every right to exploit you.

I'm not a Christian, but no way would I ever watch one of these shows and say, "Oh, that's how ALL Christians act." The non-Christians who do this are just as narrow-minded as the bizarre Marguerite.

I just felt like you had to laugh at her because she was so obviously touched, but it would be great if she did get help. Unfortunately, I don't see people like her getting help. I see them believing they're right, you're wrong period.

Obviously it's a ratings grabber. People saw the preview, saw her freak out, and watched it BECAUSE they wanted to see the full story. Like a train wreck. It's sad, but you still look.

I'll just admit it. The preview made it like reality gold. No way was I missing it.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #11  

the religious mom seems like a control freak who hides behind the bible to control others. totally freaky
Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #12  
Puggy Balboa

Oh, she's definitely controlling. If her husband just stood up for himself, she'd have a meltdown.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #13  

I'm not sure id call her a Christian at all. Real Christians wouldnt judge or belittle people....i mean isnt that the whole idea of being "christian"? I think that woman smelled whatever she smelled because she wanted to believe she has some sort of higher awareness and can actually smell evil. I particularly found her terribly rude with the poor gay psychic who had NO idea what he was getting into that day. I think she made him feel less than human and I totally doubt God or whomever anyone would believe in, would condone the lack of basic courtesy. A simple I am not into this would have been sufficient. The poor woman needs help...makes for great TV though! lol
Old 11-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #14  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

That lady is in dire need of a Dr. Phil intervention. Wow. wow. The thing with the "smell" in the house. She walked around the yard gagging and barfing. I never watch that show but the previews were delicious so I found myself tuning in against my better judgment. Scary. What did I find most interesting? THE FACT THAT SHE HAS FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #15  
Puggy Balboa

Oh my gosh, that is SO true about the friends! I kept wondering how in the world she behaves with them!
Closed Thread