South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #1  

Default Newbie's Poll~*~

I'm going to start my SB Phase 1 tommorow and I'm pretty excited
but I was wondering how much everyone has lost in phase 1 or how much they have lost so far. Thanks
good luck,
maria
Old 11-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

everybody is different and it kind of depends on how much you have to lose. good luck
Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #3  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I just started on Monday so I can't report a loss yet (I weigh in weekly). But good luck with the plan! Definitely make use of the recipes available here, it will help you to break up the monotony.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the beach! I lost 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks on phase 1. It really helped to get me excited to continue with phase 2. Loving being on the beach!
Old 11-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #5  
Kyemom

I lost 9 pounds in phase one...but everyone is different. The more you have to lose the more you will lose in phase one, typically. Also, the worse you ate to start with, the more you will lose..Good luck, and don't compare yourself to others. Do this for you!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #6  

Everyone is different. I had been on a diuretic so I had no water weight to lose. I lost 4 pounds when I did phase 1 (a long time ago).
Old 11-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

I lost 8 lbs on phase 1 I think. I have lost 16 so far. My best friend and her sister have lost a lot more than me in the same amount of time. One about 35 lbs and the other about 25 I think (or more). They have a different amount to lose than I do and our 3 body types are very different. Best Wishes to you!!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Phase 1 is mostly water loss, although it makes you feel good to see pounds shedding for whatever reason!

I started SBD in early-mid August and I've lost 19 lbs, although I've been focusing mostly on not re-gaining weight for the past month or so, while I'm in the middle of the quarter. As you can see from my sig, my starting goal was to lose about 120 lbs or so, so I have a ways to go yet.

As kyemom and the others have said, don't compare your weightloss to others, as everyone is different. Doing so can set up unrealistic expecations and lead to disappointment, especially when you hit a plateau. On the other hand, one likes to have some idea of what might be possible - so long as you don't set unrealistic expectations!

Good luck! Be sure to check out the updated food list in the FAQ and the recipes - there are lots of really good ones here!
Closed Thread